• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Ten Things Thursday

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Happiness is two kinds of ice cream
2. Puff the Magic Dragon is a sad song
3. I want to be sedated
4. Won't be watching the Indy 500 this year, but will likely watch the Derby
5. There is such a thing as too much nostalgia
6. I could use some new friends
7. "industrial espionage" sounds like a it's a cool thing, but is really kinda dull and pedestrian
8. Looks like I'm not going to join the local curling club
9. someone's wearing powerful perfume. P U!
10. Wonder where the expression 'PU' comes from?

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. Heartburn. I shouldn't have had a burger for lunch.
2. My office is a mess. I am a mess.
3. Nice weekend with the wife. Massage, nice dinner, then Star Wars!
4. I work too much. I need to volunteer more, or do other things.
5. I want to take adult piano lessons. I need my piano fixed first.
6. Wife says the piano is going in the basement in the new house. It is ugly so I am good with that.
7. What age should kids get into musical instruments? Is 7 too young?
8. I have three plants in my office. I can't kill them because we have a service keep them alive.
9. I want to be running right now.
10. All systems go!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Boy Scouts for tonight did not go all that well. I didn't get some reporting done in time and miniskis was the only scout who didn't get an advancement belt loop. Dad fail, but it has already been fixed and he will be a happy guy next month.
2) Work was not all that great today. It was busy, productive, and successful. But I was not feeling well and did not have a good frame of mind.
3) Watching the debate is so much better without Trump... who wanted 5 million dollars to be on the debate. He needs to get out the race.
4) Goal... be in a new house by August 1. Not sure if it will happen, but it is a goal to work towards.
5) I think I might switch from drinking beer to whisky.
6) I am going to get to sleep here in less than 30 minutes.
7) I need to get my tire put on my new wheel tomorrow and put it on the truck.
8) I forgot to check the mail today... oh well.
9) My wife does not want to get a dog in the next few years
10) I am going to wash my truck this weekend. It will hit 70 and be sunny on Sunday.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I got a blister on my foot last night and haven't popped it
2. The whole pointlessness of life factor is running relatively high today
3. leftover popcorn is not as good as fresh
4. I seldom eat microwave popcorn. Never buy it.
5. fencing class for Junior tonight
6. Been watching a mystery show that ran on BBC a decade ago called "Rosemary & Thyme." moderately entertaining
7. When I do play the lottery I get the feeling that I have more luck than I really do
8. debating about whether or not to start a 2016 garden thread. But right now depression is kicking my butt. Don't feel like it
9. Junior needs to sort/clean out his toys. 90% of the stuff he never plays with
10. I saw an article about a castle for sale in Czechoslovakia for only $13k

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. I like script Ohio. I think it is a cool thing.
2. I want to bike to work once this year. The commute is 32 miles each way.
3. Wife works again this evening. Boo.
4. I eat pie most nights. It is probably a bad habit.
5. I have a lot of things on my personal plate. I am rocking at work, but personally I have a lot to do.
6. Wall plants? Why the hell not?
7. Thai food is just plain good.
8. Mom jeans.
9. Sometimes I want to get into the ceiling tiles and just wait to see if anyone notices.
10. I have good kids. I am lucky.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) The forecast shows these white geometric designs under clouds. WTF is that all about?
2) The other night I was at a meeting and there was this well dressed classy looking woman sitting in the staff section. She was a 14.758 on a 1-10 scale. Absolutely Stunning. The City's traffic engineer explained that she was a transportation engineer for a consulting company that the City hired. I have meet several extremely attractive women planners in my time (several who are on here....;)) but this woman is a unicorn in the engineering world.
3) Hmmm, there is an e-mail that was sitting in my outbox. I wonder why it did not get sent this morning with the rest of them. That is odd.
4) Brought in a better coffee mug today. This one holds more.
5) Wife and I are thinking of a pergola with a retractable fabric covering instead of a covered porch for our new house. For now at least... Oh... and a whole house water filter. Might not be Flint, but that does not matter anymore.
6) Today is world cancer day. I think we have all been touched (more like smacked) by this horrible condition in some way at some point in our lives. Maybe someday the FDA and Pharmaceutical companies will get out of the way and a cure will be found.
7) I have been thinking about searching for a family based workout activity that we could all do. This spring and summer, we will be doing a ton more walking and spending time playing soccer at a field.
8) I might go to the gym tonight and do cardio since my back is feeling a ton better.
9) My sister went snowmobiling with my grandfather last weekend. The man is 80 and moves around like he is in his 40's. Oh, and it is nothing for him to do 70 mph on a snowmobile and ride for 6 to 8 hours in a day.
10) I need a vacation from my current reality.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. To reiterate what I posted on another thread, I wager today's snow is the last punch Old Man Winter throws this season
2. Why does winter get an anthropomorphic symbol and not fall or spring? What about Uncle Autumn or Auntie Spring?
3. Slot cars are more fun than model railroads
4. From a parental perspective Tinkertoys are less of a PITA than Erector sets (with all those tiny nuts and screws that get sucked up in the vacuum) but only marginally so
5. Watermelon is perhaps my favorite fruit yet I do not crave it particularly at the moment
6. I saw a cool gardening tip online yesterday where you can paint stones to look like strawberries and place them among your real strawberries to deter birds from feasting on the real strawberries
7. I think we're going to have a bumper year for blueberries in the back yard this year. Gotta remember to hit each bush up with a little more sulfur and tea in the spring
8. We need to repaint the house, get a new furnace and re-shingle the roof. We also have some unplanned medical bills and lack the necessary funds for the house repairs.
9. Maybe I can save $ and paint the house myself this spring
10. for some reason I have the sneaking suspicion that #9 has 'bad idea' written all over it.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Tried a chain restaurant that opened in downtown. They won't last a year if they keep this level of customer service. I know I will not be back.
2) We have boy scouts tonight. Miniskis will be excited because he will get a bunch of belt loops.
3) Yesterday's storm got me thinking. At the moment we are in a poorly constructed 3 story apartment building that has open corridors... and we are on the top floor. Not a good place to be.
4) It is quite amazing how nice 70 degrees can feel and how cold 55 degrees can feel. Not much of a range but quite noticeable.
5) I need to water my office plants again.
6) My wife and I are always excited when our middle son forms full sentences or responds in a sarcastic way. His brother told him to do something and he said. "Ah.... No. I don't think so."
7) I need to clean my office. It is getting way too far out of control.
8) I slept for 10 hours last night.
9) I might go to the gym after boy scouts tonight.
10) Have you ever used Next Door? It is like a neighborhood facebook.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
  1. A
  2. B
  3. C
  4. D
  5. E
  6. F
  7. G
  8. H
  9. I
  10. J
Why don't you get a hobby!

++
Met with a real estate appraiser today. Makes the divorce feel much more real.
I'm going to cry when we sell the house.
My eyes are watering up right now.
I think comps are going to be critical.
And difficult to find good comps if the price point I expect is what the appraiser is also thinking.
The neighborhood is boutique and the house is unique.
Had a Johnny on the Spot moment with a seagull email and cc'd state official. That's always nice.
Complaint about a developer possibly disturbing a private cemetery.
I'd notified the developer of the statute and responsibilities in writing.
Developer was already logged into the state's database. Nah nah neh nah nah :D

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) This morning's meeting was canceled!
2) I still have two more this afternoon.
3) I'm hungry - my breakfast of yogurt and granola didn't last long.
4) My boss is younger than I am, but has more grey hair. Is that what being a supervisor does to you?
5) The constant rain and grey sky make me sleepy.
6) On the plus side, the rain washed the bird crap off my car!
7) Anyone else want more coffee this morning?
8) I've been dreading my bill from all my exams and such last month.
9) I'm really wanting a personal day off of work, but don't want my spouse to think I don't like my job.
10) I like my job, I just need some alone time. Weekends don't count 'cause the spouse is around.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. One of Vinnie Barbarino's (played by a young, pre-scientology John Travolta) catch phrases on 'Welcome Back Kotter' was "I'm SO CONFUSED"
2. The car is away
3. My back hurts
4. Had minestrone soup and salad for lunch. I have a feeling I'm going to be starving in about an hour
5. My wife is sick. Again.
6. Haven't even started to think about doing taxes yet
7. I do not own a pair of goggles
8. Ping pong is more of a game than a 'sport'. Kinda like bowling
9. I can't believe baseball is already back on tv again. I guess I shouldn't complain, as it's a sign of spring
10. I am pretty much allergy free at the moment

kms

Cyburbian
1. One of my coworkers is spending a lot of time on the carpet. He got himself there, but I feel kind of bad for him.
2. I saw a guy in front of Panera who had three big tropical birds that were wearing full body harnesses, diapers and leashes.
3. I'm somewhat ambidextrous, and neither hand feels right for throwing a bowling ball.
4. Is throwing what you do with a bowling ball when you bowl?
5. Where's planit?
6. A stray cat has been hanging around here.
7. The job is really hectic these days, and I love it.
8. My oldest son and I have a perfectly synced sense of humor.
9. My next watershed association meeting is at a brewery. I don't like beer.
10. Beer is one of those things I tried to like and just can't.

jsk1983

Cyburbian
1. One of my coworkers is spending a lot of time on the carpet. He got himself there, but I feel kind of bad for him.
2. I saw a guy in front of Panera who had three big tropical birds that were wearing full body harnesses, diapers and leashes.
3. I'm somewhat ambidextrous, and neither hand feels right for throwing a bowling ball.
4. Is throwing what you do with a bowling ball when you bowl?
5. Where's planit?
6. A stray cat has been hanging around here.
7. The job is really hectic these days, and I love it.
8. My oldest son and I have a perfectly synced sense of humor.
9. My next watershed association meeting is at a brewery. I don't like beer.
10. Beer is one of those things I tried to like and just can't.
Did you try Bud Light and that's it? There's a lot of styles of beer out there. Some of the fruit beers don't even taste much like beer.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
-Im never having kids
-The G Train sucks
-I love my school but not sure if I see myself graduating from there
-I want to move to Toulouse, France
-I want to move back to Montréal to chase a girl
-I also like a girl in my Land Use class but not sure if she's into men or not
-I wish New York would legalize it
-Im too punk for most of my classmates, they are either real estate people or liberals
-I hide being punk at work and dont mind having to in order to maintain a career, but I want to wear a Dead Kennedys shirt to APA National next year.
-Id love to work for Clinton County, NY or Burlington, VT so I can be close to Montréal without having to become Canadian.

kms

Cyburbian
Did you try Bud Light and that's it? There's a lot of styles of beer out there. Some of the fruit beers don't even taste much like beer.
I've tried many, including fruity beers. I just don't like it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. The idea of fruity beers is usually better than the execution IMHO
2. I'm experiencing sleep deprivation the likes of which I've not encountered since Junior's infancy
3. Achtung-Edging-Sidewalks-and-Pruning-Arborvitae-in-his-Yard-Guy gets Crunchy-Back-to-Nature-Guy as his next door neighbor. Not good.
4. Politics at any level is often distasteful to me
5. Peppermint is better than spearmint IMO
6. When is recess?
7. Had a ham & capicola sandwich for lunch
8. Junior gets to be in the stage crew for the school play today
9. Flurries possible tomorrow
10. St Patricks Day is a non-event for me this year

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) The weather is perfect right now. But it will be cold this weekend.
2) Took my major last pain pill this morning. It will be advil from here on.
3) Called an Irish place to order a sandwich to go. They said that it would be 60 to 90 minutes before it would be ready to pick up.
4) The ringer off switch on my phone is not working correctly. This could be bad during meetings.
5) The trees should be all leafed out by the time my dad and stepmom get here next weekend.
6) We are going to get a home security system, but not sure what one to get.
7) A co-worker is at the NCAA game in our area. He keeps sending photos.
8) I should be drinking right now... but since I can't drink, I might as well work.
9) I need to get my truck washed. I should not be washing it with my back being how it is right now.
10) I am trying to think of a good mother's day gift for my wife, but not sure what to get her.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. We closed on our new build today.
2. That is a good thing, albeit insanely scary.
3. By November I will have a new house to live in.
4. I will miss this house, as it was the one that we have had for the last 9 years, which was very important in our marriage.
5. I won't miss it that much, as it needs a lot of money thrown at it and I don't want to do the work.
6. I will also appreciate a garage. It is amazing how much you miss a garage when you don't have one.
7. We are going to have to sell our current house though. Which I am not looking forward to.
8. Selling a house with kids is the worst.
9. I wish we had a bit more money, because I REALLY want a wood burning fireplace. Maybe in the future.
10. Let the fun begin.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1. We closed on our new build today.
2. That is a good thing, albeit insanely scary.
3. By November I will have a new house to live in.
4. I will miss this house, as it was the one that we have had for the last 9 years, which was very important in our marriage.
5. I won't miss it that much, as it needs a lot of money thrown at it and I don't want to do the work.
6. I will also appreciate a garage. It is amazing how much you miss a garage when you don't have one.
7. We are going to have to sell our current house though. Which I am not looking forward to.
8. Selling a house with kids is the worst.
9. I wish we had a bit more money, because I REALLY want a wood burning fireplace. Maybe in the future.
10. Let the fun begin.
Congradulations! We are in the same process!

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
1) 24 minutes left; thank the Lord.
2) I'm trying to have a better attitude in life.
3) It's not really working because of my super poor attitude.
4) My SO also has a super poor attitude.
5) I've been in this office for three months and the only thing accomplished is paint.
6) I think I'll pull out some artwork tonight to bring in.
7) I was once told to only have enough personal belongings in your office to fill one box or less.
8) The artwork I'm thinking of would not fit in one box. Well not a reasonable sized box, anyway.
9) I would also like a radio. I'm not allowed to play music on the computer but maybe a radio would help.
10) 21 minutes left; thank the Lord!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. So it appears today is not Friday. Despite my fervent wishes to the contrary.
2. I am in a weird place today. And before you say it, I mean weirder than usual.
3. Maybe it would be a good idea to bust out some old vinyl tonight and do a Bowie retrospective
4. The weekend can't get here soon enough
5. Come to think of it I'm not sure even the weekend can provide the kind of release/escape that I'm wanting right now
6. We should all be happy for Dan as he enjoys the honeymoon phase of his new marriage
7. Carpet, furnace, roof.....there's just too damned much work to be done at my house.
8. Sometimes it's convenient to need hearing aids - like at night where one doesn't have to worry about noises waking them up
9. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't.
10. Haven't really come up with a good strategy to deal with Junior surfing Youtube and encountering inappropriate videos, short of outright banning it.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
1. Yes, Maister, today is Thursday. You gave me hope for a moment. It's gone now.
2. My back hurts and I'm tired. I should go home.
3. My Walking Dead day-by-day calendar states it's Wednesday. That's wrong.
4. I wouldn't recommend the Walking Dead day-by-day calendar that I got for Christmas. It's actually got an individual day for each episode - as if I remember what was happening Season 2, Episode 9. And it's a multiple choice question for each day. That's ridiculous.
5. It's the thought that counts. The gift was given by a non-Walking Dead watcher. Very thoughtful.
6. I'm actually a few weeks behind in my Walking Dead episodes. DON'T tell me!
7. I think I need to start taking vitamins again. I think I'm getting dumber and the vitamins actually help.
8. I haven't had coffee today. Maybe that's the problem.
9. I'm also almost out of tissues and it's pollen season. This is not a good combination.
10. Lunch. I need lunch.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. Today is my Friday.
2. I am not religious but always liked the sound of Maundy Thursday.
3. Just signed up for my 5th race in a 6 week period.
4. I might should schedule a massage for the 7th week.
5. Spring Fever.
6. Chocolate Fever.
7. Carb Fever.
8. Friends are complicated.
9. Life is for living.
10. Anxiety sucks.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
1. It's my Friday since I get a three day weekend.
2. It's awkward living with a soon-to-be ex wife. Civil, but awkward.
3. She plays little games though: won't shop for me when she goes to the grocery, for example.
4. But she's spending my money.
5. I just think it's a bit juvenile, frankly.
6. More houses are starting to come on the market.
7. My plan is to be cash rich and house poor after the divorce.
8. Not paying a mortgage (or a very small one) is incredibly appealing.
9. Probably save up some money to take some nice trips with my kids.
10. As a wise woman once wrote, life is about living.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. The Cherry Blossoms in DC are in full effect
2. Everybody should see that once in their life
3. Ringo Starr's son is the drummer for The Who. I'm embarassed I didn't know that
4. I worked 33 hours at my part-time "fun" job on Sunday and Tuesday.
5. On Sunday I stood behind the Vice President's lectern
6. I started to make a speech and said "my fellow Americans . . . ."
7. A Secret Service Agent gave me a rather stern look so I stopped
8. I don't think I've attended a national conference laefest since '07 in Philly
9. Most wraps are highly overrated in my opinion
10. Seeing someone have a seizure is always scary

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. I secured an "A" position for boarding my Southwest flight tomorrow. That's a good thing.
2. I am an over-packer. I will be going through my baggage again this evening to see what else I can jettison.
3. I really like it when I find trial/travel sizes of products I actually use.
4. The budget was released. COLA and 2% merit increase.
5. Of course the cops are getting COLA and 4% merit increase. Plus they have a much better retirement. That's good for morale.
6. I am a strong supporter of council-manager government. Something to be said for a trained professional running the organization.
7. There was a time when I truly felt it was honorable to work in local government and was proud to do so. Now most days I just feel like a target.
8. Man I really hate CDBG. Not the mission, which is good but the execution and incredible waste of time and money is crazy.
9. I genuinely like the co-workers in my office. They are good people.
10. I cooked a piece of salmon last night that was absolutely delicious.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. The concept and look of castles is pretty cool, but actually living in one? No thanks!
2. The cat's away
3. Neighbor A is angry at neighbor B because they allegedly "devalued" their property when they installed a 15' x 20' butterfly garden :r:
4. Going on two whole days without a beer
5. Time for a coffee warm up
6. Junior is in 4th grade and he's trying to sell us on making a new friend who is in 6th grade. I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with that
7. You really can't blame someone for the culture they live or grew up in, but most of the time we do anyway
8. The one slice of rye toast for breakfast ain't cutting it
9. I'm kinda glad we don't have any pets at home right now. Don't really need/want another dependent if I can avoid it
10. I started out wanting Trump to win the GOP nomination, then I got scared when he started actually winning delegates and didn't want it to happen, but the more I think about it, maybe I do still want him to get the nomination?

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. Leaving tomorrow. Got 58% of the work done today I wanted to get done.
2. I hate changing my phone message.
3. I don't overly like leaving my kids.
4. Flying across the US is annoying. Especially PST to EST.
5. When I return my property will look very different....
6. I need to remember stomach pills for the green chilies.
7. What to do in the plane....
8. I like traveling alone. Having a companion always makes me have to share decision making.
9. Must get everything together, so I am organized.
10. Good times ahead.

kms

Cyburbian
1. It sure is windy here.
2. I love catching people who are working without permits.
3. I'm going to the zoo tomorrow.....for an inspection. See #2.
4. I have 2 local friends who were born in the same KY city I was.
5. I wish I could be as cool and youthful as the chick on a Consumer Cellular commercial.
6. There's an excavator parked next door, and a bunch of firemen who are hanging out just because it's there.
7. I could go for some potato chips.
8. I'm about out of steam.
9. My mom looked radiant on Easter.
10. I bought a hand gun 25 years ago and fired it twice. Now my son wants it.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
1. Bum wine
2. Malt liquor
3. Lays chips
4. Dunkin Donuts hash browns
5. Subway subs
6. Kirkland brand vodka
7. Metamucil spiked with beefeater gin
8. Putting 4loko in a gatorate bottle to drink it on the subway
9. Going to protests drunk
10. Listening to Guns n Roses

OH WAIT.....this isnt the low brau thread....nvm.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I miss the McDonaldland characters
2. Burger King has the worst fries, which is too bad because I like their flame broiled hamburgs
3. Lately I've been questioning whether I've got early onset Alzeimers. I frequently find myself mentally searching longer (or even unsuccessfully) for people's names
4. Why don't people carry around French horns for impromptu entertainment kinda the way folks do with harmonicas? (and before you all say harmonicas are much smaller and infinitely more portable keep in mind guitars fall in this same category)
5. If you're hanging around a college campus playing protest songs on a guitar you really should have long hair
6. I guess I can understand why someone might be interested in interacting with AI - if for no other reason than the curiosity factor
7. My favorite sandbox toy was the bulldozer. The dumptruck's hinge tended to get jammed up with sand too easily
8. Junior hasn't played with the sandbox for a few years. Guess we should set it curbside come junk pickup day :(
9. Two staff reports to do today. I feel like doing neither of them.
10. I'll bet our administrative assistant has dropped 30 lbs since New Years

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I feel like crud today. I think it has to do with my allergies more than anything else.
2) It will be in the high 60's today and tomorrow, 70's during the weekend, and 80's on Monday. That starts a trend where the lowest high temp over the next 15 days is 77 and only one day of rain.
3) August 1st is when Miniskis starts at his new school and his brothers start at their new preschool. That is 109 days. Will our new house be finished by then?
4) This weekend I am going to box off a 5-foot by 10-foot area in my garage and see if we can pack all of our garage stuff in it. If so, I am going to rent a storage locker near the new house and cancel my garage rental. The wife won't park in it any more and my truck does not fit in it.
5) We have been working on potty training our middle son. Is it wrong that I want to tell the world that he went poo on the potty all by himself?
6) We are having tacos for dinner tonight. The wife likes chicken so that is in the crock pot right now. I like beef with fresh habanero and serrano peppers cooked in.
7) A few weeks in I really like my new watch. Even though it has automatic wind up, I have learned that I need to wind it up on Friday's if I am not going to wear it all weekend.
8) When is it too soon to go to the beach? Water temp is 63 degrees right now.
9) I am thinking about trying surfing this summer. I have been snowboarding for decades, how much harder is it?
10) I think that when we go on vacation this summer, we will completely unplug from our phone, internet, and TV for a few days.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
1. I've stayed up way too late this week, last night til 1am.
2. I think I might go out for a Mountain Dew at lunch to wake me up.
3. I started drinking Mountain Dew when I was a teenager because that's what my friends all drank.
4. We would go to the local pizza joint and it was cheaper to get a pitcher of Dew than to say "no, I'd rather have root beer".
5. As an adult, I now drink water with meals almost exclusively and I almost never have soda.
6. If I buy Mountain Dew at lunch, will it keep me awake all day and evening or will it just give me a sugar high and then I'll crash later? (ahh, good question)
7. My mom wants to go to the super-touristy joint for dinner when they arrive in town tonight.
8. I've tried to call for reservations but no one is answering.
9. Wait, here are some dark chocolate covered raisins; will that help wake me up?
10. :z: zzzz

kms

Cyburbian
1. Mt. Dew gives me the hiccups.
2. I don't like the spelling "hic-cough", which is pronounced "hic-uhp".
3. I should be doing something productive.
4. I don't keep nearly enough tools in the house, and I don't know where my garden shovel is.
5. I had lunch with a high school friend whom I haven't seen since 1979.
6. I'm trying to plan a solo road trip, but there are so many good places to visit.
7. Home-made pasta is so much better than the dry pasta from a box.
8. The conservation district next door has a maple festival, and I sampled some of this year's maple candy and maple sugar.
9. I have a set of Encyclopaedia Brittanica from the 1890's that only has value to me, and I can't keep storing them.
10. Maybe the road trip can be to the town in Indiana where my mom was born, so I can donate the encyclopaedia to the historic society.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Root beer sometimes gives me hiccups
2. I get hiccups, not "the hiccups"
3. Down to one car after the accident
4. My brother is going in for knee surgery. Again.
5. The longer I live the less sure I am that 'living right' equals happiness. It should, but somehow doesn't always work out that way.
6. I have decided to toss all remaining copies of National Geographic from the house
7. I'd sell those old Nat. Geo's but they don't appear to be an item that folks are willing to pay money for
8. We don't need more 'storage space' in the house - we need less STUFF!
9. Our asparagus emerged this week. Spring is officially here.
10. I'll limit myself to three cups of coffee this morning, but I feel I could easily do twice that.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
1. Hello Thursday, where's your friend, Friday?
2. We also don't need more storage space in our house, but instead less stuff.
3. The kids are only with us part time so we often have two extra bedrooms.
4. Even using half of each of their closets, it seems that there's stuff everywhere!
5. The house is clean from this past weekend's visitors; now it just needs to be maintained.
6. We are trying to decide about hard wood floors, remodeling the kitchen, and other house updates.
7. This is not our forever home so I'm skeptical to put so much work into it.
8. We will likely rent it out in a few years when we move.
9. Updated rental houses are great but I'm just not sure it would increase the rent all that much.
10. I think I want to collect houses. I wonder how that's going to work...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Wished I didn't I have to do a radio show on Saturday. I would much prefer to use the weekend to unwind instead.
2. I have been jumping from a series of one desperate deadline followed immediately by another for almost four months now. I could use some time off
3. I truly don't define myself in terms of my work, but it'd be nice every once in a while to get some strokes or recognition for work done well instead of "aren't you done with that yet? Here's another pile of work!".
4. Yes, my situation is not unique.
5. I doubt I'll ever pay for a cup of Starbucks coffee in my life. But who knows what desperation may someday compel
6. Ran out of beer last night
7. Getting the car fixed hopefully tonight
8. Have I mentioned I could really use some R&R right about now?
9. One of my nephews seems to enjoy college, the other seems a bit overwhelmed
10. The smell of many hand sanitizer fragrances are often worse than the plain ol' alcohol smell of the unscented sort

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Had a strange week so far - here's hoping today is better!
2) Not in the office tomorrow - heading to a seminar.
3) Will get a couple of CLE's while sitting on my butt all day tomorrow.:-|
4) Lunch is included, but not parking.
5) Thought about taking the train, but it's supposed to storm.
6) Out of the office on Monday too - Jury Duty!:not:
7) The courthouse is just down the street from my office.
8) Free parking but lunch not included.
9) Can't take the train that day - doesn't run to my town.
10) I can't imagine the :-chorror:'( of running out of :b:beer:b:!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) My allergies hate me right now.
2) I made my bed this morning... 7 days in a row now!
3) The mortgage process is stressful when they keep requesting additional documents.
4) I think that Apple has lost its mojo and I doubt the iPhone 7 will be a game changer.
5) I am looking forward to lunch today. Leftovers from last night that were awesome.
6) Sometimes I dwell too much on the past instead of appreciating the present. I need to get better at that.
7) My home printer decised to have a "Printhead Issue" last night that I can't seem to get resolved. Time to call HP.
8) I have two orders for things to arrive in the mail in the next few days. One is a home security system.
9) I was in bed at 8:30 last night because I was not feeling that good.
10) Trying to decide what vegetables I should plant in a few pots for the summer to keep on the balcony until I move.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
My Top 10 Worries: 4/25/2012 to 4/25/2016

4/25/2016

1. _________ 36.9
2. Neck Pain 30.4
3. Aging/Skin 27.0
4. Vacation 17.0
5. Cough 16.9
6. Sleep 15.5
7. House 14.5
8. Lost Items 14.2
9. Kids 14.2
10. Old Girlfriends/Crushes 13.8

4/25/2015

1. _____ 29.1
2. Neck Pain 28.6
3. Aging/Skin 18.3
4. Kids 14.5
5. Back 13.1
6. Sleep 12.8
7. Arthritis 12.4
8. Lost Items 12.0
9. House 11.9
10. Vacation 11.8

4/26/2014

1. Neck Pain 25.2
2. ________ 17.0
3. Prostrate 12.7
4. Annullment 12.0
5 Arthritis 11.9
6. Back 11.5
7. Aging/Skin 10.9
8. Dating/Old Girlfriends 10.7
9 Sleep 10.3
10 Car 9.3

04/26/2013

1. Neck Pain 18.5
2. _______ 11
3. Aging/Skin 9
4. Vacation 8.8
5. Arthritis 8.8
6. Dating 8.7
7. Sleep 8.6
8. Back 8.6
9. Work 8.5
10. Kids 8.2

04/25/2012

1. Dating 9
2 ______ 7.5
3. Sleep 7
4. Vacation 6.5
5. Kids 6
6. Work 6
7. Computer 5
8. House 5
9 _______ 5
10. Ex's Boyfriend 4

_________'s are too personal to mention. Sorry

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. In one sense I kinda miss dating. Never thought I'd say that
2. I think our fireplace insert needs to be retired
3. Wifey's allergies are getting unmanageable
4. I'm relieved this week is going by so fast.
5. Currently alternating my time between reading 6 different books. That's a lot even for me
6. Feeling more scattered than usual
7. I believe Trump is heading for a loss
8. I believe this loss may ultimately help the GOP and also America
9. I spend on average 20 minutes/ day watching the Olympics
10. Frozen pizza for lunch. That really didn't hit the spot

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
1. I'm back on the market again. I have absolutely no interest in dating, however. Not now and I doubt not later, either.
2. I must remember that the settlement is not a windfall but rather my retirement.
3. She got half of my employer's contribution to my retirement, but can only get it in the form of me writing her a monthly check after I retire.
4. I'll never retire.
5. I'm serious.
6. I need to buy a house.
7. I'd very much prefer it to have a basement.
8. What I'm seeing in my neighborhoods of choice at my pricepoint are mostly ranches on a slab.
9. Realtors take absolutely horrendous interior photographs. They are not doing their clients any favors.
10. I hate financial advisors but I know I need one.
BONUS: I never have to go home to that lying witch ever again. Yay!:D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Junior is sleeping overnight at camp tonight
2. Grandparents have also agreed to watch him for a weekend at the end of the month
3. Need to plan some fun activities
4. There are two Oberons left in the fridge
5. I'm watching Foyle's War again.
6. When it rains I think of the 1970's. Not sure why that is
7. I have drunk too much coffee already.
8. Tomatoes are ripening in the garden
9. I forgot to check if the blueberries are ready to harvest
10. I know some posters pride themselves in having a high signal to noise ratio, but sometimes more noise is a desirable thing.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. I've looked at the clickbait expression that only Midwesterners know.
2. I've used exactly one of them when I lived there
3. I didn't play corn hole until I moved to the South.
4. Corn hole still sounds vaguely obscene
5. What the !@#$%$ is Uff da?
6. I looked at the clickbait expressions only Southerners know.
7. I I know most of them.
8. I've used more of them than I have the Midwestern ones
9. Assimilation is a real thing
10. One of my poems, with some editing, may actually get printed in an Anthology
11. I'll will have actually made some money as a writer.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. DC in November!
2. I plan on eating Ethiopian food every night while there.
3. Haven't been to NYC in more than a year.
4. Probably won't make it there until May next year. APA baby!
5. Itty Bitty woke up with a tick in her hair.
6. I now have the heebie jeebies.
7. I love food.
8. I miss soccer.
9. I never felt guilty about being gone for 2 hours to play soccer.
10. I have guilt about going to the gym or for a run for 1 hour.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Peak colors going on right now
2. It's gray and rainy out, but that's okay. This is typical for the season
3. Thank god for caller ID. That was a worthy invention
4. The 'no-call list' was another great innovation
5. snails look weird
6. Junior bought a mask last night. Going as a spooky 'pumpkin head guy'
7. I'm in the mood for Thanksgiving more than Halloween at the moment
8. Got paid at midnight. It's already spent
9. I've had a six pack of Scotch ale sitting in the fridge untouched for over a week
10. Today is a good day to stay inside