• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Thanks ...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I just wanted to publically thank all the moderators and administrators of the Cyburbia Forums for their hard work, both in keeping the Forums running smoothly, and for helping to build this community.

Shout out, yo. :)

YO!

I will second that. If you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes of a forum like this, mods often end up putting in a lot more hours than is "asked" of them. They get no pay. They probably have little to no formal training and often get to learn by falling on their face. And for every hour of work you "witness" via things they visibly do that you can see, they probably put in 2 hours that you do not see. Additionally, moderating tends to be a "thankless job" -- the mods generally only hear from people when there is a complaint or problem and no one says a thing to them when it is running smoothly. Some of the best mods will be clueless as to the high esteem they are held in -- heck, they are likely to be the person who feels they are getting kicked around the most because everyone complains to them because everyone has faith in their ability to fix the problems.

All that criticism that Dan quoted from another forum of Cyburbia being some kind "masturbatory self-love" (or whatever the quote was) really means that Cyburbia is an unusually polite and well-behaved online forum -- and that does not happen by accident.
So, here's to the mods: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b:

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Indeed, my Pabst Blue Ribbons to the Mods. :b: :b: , for I have errored and been corrected. *bowing head on the prayer carpet to the midwest & east from the cold & snowy northwest*

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Thanks, mods (and Dan, too) for putting up with this somewhat mouthy Southerner for the past year and a half. Ya'll know when to step in and when to hang back, and you know you have the best forums out there! Hear, hear! (Clink of glasses...) :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I'm still a relative newbie, and Cyburbia is my sole slacking-place, but I am impressed with the work everyone has done to make this place possible. Thanks, Dan and the gang for all you do. The :b: :b: :b: is on me.

OT: Does anyone know any possible effects changing my ISP will have as to my professional use of Cyburbia?;-)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I also join the Thanks bandwagon.... :)
Many thanks to all moderators (and Admins too) for all your help and for keeping this forum from converting into one of the many septic tank like forums :)

Thanks!

Rem

Cyburbian
Yeah - what they all said. Thanks for the kid gloves approach all moderators.

JNL

Cyburbian
I would also like to thank y'all for the great job you do in helping maintain such an interesting, informative, entertaining and addictive site :)