• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Thanksgiving and the loss of American farmland

SGB

Cyburbian
Anyone see the press release this year on farmland lost to development and it's relationship to the crops grown for traditional Thanksgiving feasts?

I though the American Farmland Trust usually put out an article annually, but I haven't seen it this year. (And yes, I've Googled for it, too.)

Kindly post a link if you find it!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
What they don't mention is that we can now produce more on less land, with advances in chemicals and new practices in livestock raising. We then ship this chemically-altered food off to the masses while enjoying the free-range, organizally-grown food ourselves.

SGB

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
What they don't mention is that we can now produce more on less land, with advances in chemicals and new practices in livestock raising. We then ship this chemically-altered food off to the masses while enjoying the free-range, organizally-grown food ourselves.

True, perhaps.

But where don't they mention that?

;)