• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The Allegedly NEVERENDING Budgie Feels Sorry for Himself Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budgie

Cyburbian
I just turned over a yardful of new leaves today. Don't worry, I'm man enough to not change my username.

No need to reply to this thread.

This public service announcement brought to you by Dr. Les Bians, specializing in Addadichtame procedures since 69.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Do.

Do go on.

Please, tell us more oh cryptic one.

Did you toss the compost pile?

Budgie

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
Do.

Do go on.

Please, tell us more oh cryptic one.

Did you toss the compost pile?
OK, I took a new job and will start December 1.
I'll be running solo and sleeping in my car until the end of the school year.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Yessss, I love this thread. Sleeping in the car huh, maybe you should call Jewel and ask her for some advice (insert laughs here). New job huh, you still up for the Drink yourself stupid fest at my place in Buffalo this spring?

Budgie

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
New job huh, you still up for the Drink yourself stupid fest at my place in Buffalo this spring?
Roger, Roger -- Nanu Nanu -- out.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
OK, I took a new job and will start December 1.
I'll be running solo and sleeping in my car until the end of the school year.
So where will you be plugging in the Segway?

Budgie

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
So where will you be plugging in the Segway?
I've got an adaptor that will plug into my cigarette lighter, We'll see how long my car battery lasts. Of course the other option is to plug it in at Uncle Bubba's Bar where I'll be parked.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Budgie said:
I've got an adaptor that will plug into my cigarette lighter, We'll see how long my car battery lasts. Of course the other option is to plug it in at Uncle Bubba's Bar where I'll be parked.
Where are you going to go Dude? Back to the old stomping (gliding) grounds?

Budgie

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
Where are you going to go Dude? Back to the old stomping (gliding) grounds?
Near there abouts. Perhaps you've heard of it. A tiny little outpost on the edge of civilization. An old cow town where the greyhounds roam free and the women all dip skoal.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
An old cow town where the greyhounds roam free and the women all dip skoal.
Dude, you're going to New Jersey? It really is bad, huh?

el Guapo

Capitalist
Budgie said:
Near there abouts. Perhaps you've heard of it. A tiny little outpost on the edge of civilization. An old cow town where the greyhounds roam free and the women all dip skoal.
TESCOT??? WTF!!!

Oh, you mean Abilene...

Budgie

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
TESCOT??? WTF!!!

Oh, you mean Abilene...
Yeah, there are some real freaks living in Tescott, it's almost as bad as Moscow.

Abilene, prettiest town I ever seen, hoes don't treat ya mean in Abilene. OHHH, that's Abilene, Texas.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Another leaf turned --

I pledge to get too drunk to fish before the end of the year. Throw caution to the wind. WOOHOO !!!! I've already got a couple of brew and wing dates set for my return to the homeland.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Well, the spouse went to see a lawyer last week. She's been stringing me along with false hope for awhile and she's thinks it's unfair for her to do so. We're on good terms, so the divorce will be uncontested provided she doesn't try to screw me. My priority is the kids, as it should be.

el Guapo

Capitalist
{real name goes here}
Sorry to hear that man. I do hope it all works out for you.
Kind Regards,
Guap

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Budgie:

All my best, having just been through the divorce wringer.....keep the kids as the first priority, and you're doing the right thing.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you Budgie. I wish you good luck through the proceedings, and hope that you are able to maintain a good relationship with the ex and your kids.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Sorry to hear, good luck with the whole thing. I shall drink a beer for you in your quest for the best outcome.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
AWE Budgie, I sorry to hear thing did not workout for you.

It is gonna be a bumpy road for a while, but remember your not alone. As may of the previous posters have indicated they have gone through the samething. Your among friends here Budgie. We're here to help you through this.

Good luck, I'm sure I can speak for everyone here, we're rootin for you.

Budgie

Cyburbian
I appreciate everyone's sentiments. As a fellow suburbianite told me last week, what I really need is to get laid?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
No, I think a well thought out bender is the first order of business:b:, but then again, what does a crack-smoking tuna fish know.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Budgie said:
what I really need is to get laid?
just don't try it with the ex....made that mistake, and paid for it dearly.

Budgie

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
just don't try it with the ex....made that mistake, and paid for it dearly.
Do tell. I need to learn from the mistakes of others.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Budgie said:
Do tell. I need to learn from the mistakes of others.
All I can say is that by sleeping with the ex before the divorce was finalized, made the emotional toll that much more than it already was.....plus when I ended it, it made things even more difficult to communicate rationally with her.

Plus it really does a number on any kids if they see mommy and daddy together one night, then apart afterwards (especially with a 5 year old).

Budgie

Cyburbian
This is exactly part of what we're (it's not just about me) going through. Thanks to the heads up.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Budgie said:
I appreciate everyone's sentiments. As a fellow suburbianite told me last week, what I really need is to get laid?

Chet was probably right ;-)

Budgie

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
Chet was probably right ;-)
It wasn't Chet, but I'm sure that would be his advise. He's been through this. Where is Chet anyway?

NHPlanner

Staff member
Budgie said:
This is exactly part of what we're (it's not just about me) going through. Thanks to the heads up.
Anytime. Feel free to PM me if you want any help off the boards. :)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Budgie said:
It wasn't Chet, but I'm sure that would be his advise. He's been through this. Where is Chet anyway?

Of course it would, why do you think I wrote it

Rem

Cyburbian
Good luck with getting through unscathed.

I appreciate everyone's sentiments about the kids - blah blah blah - but don't take your eye off the Segway. That would make one mighty tasty prize for a malevolent spouse. :-0

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
I didn't continue sexual relations with my ex because in my case, I knew he would take it the wrong way and think I wanted him back, not to mention two one night stands under his belt helped me with that decision.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I've been watching this thread with interest because my partner announced to me last Friday morning that she wants a divorce. I'm devastated; difficulty in focusing at work; terrible feelings of anxiety; gut wrenching. But I'm not giving up without fight (maybe the wrong term); I just don't want this to happen.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
I've been watching this thread with interest because my partner announced to me last Friday morning that she wants a divorce. I'm devastated; difficulty in focusing at work; terrible feelings of anxiety; gut wrenching. But I'm not giving up without fight (maybe the wrong term); I just don't want this to happen.

RichmondJake - Bummer to hear the bad news. How long have you been together? If your "not giving up without a fight" you must feel her reasons for leaving are irrational. Good luck buddy.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
PlannerByDay said:
RichmondJake - Bummer to hear the bad news. How long have you been together? If your "not giving up without a fight" you must feel her reasons for leaving are irrational. Good luck buddy.
Thanks PBD. We've been married over 27 years; graduated form high school together. I don't believe she's thinking clearly (menopause?). She flew to California to see her mother on Sunday; just left a note saying she'd be gone for a week or so. I called her mom and asked for her support. We'll see.

Budgie

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
I once heard someone say that you can't argue your way out of dumped. Despite this brilliant observation, I've been trying to "fight" to keep her. I've been going through this stage for about 6 months. I know the problems of focusing on work, paranoia and the unsettled stomach. When I found out she had a one-night stand, I lost 15 lbs in 10 days. I feel this way now and am somewhat relieved that we have decided to end it. She hasn't ruled out the possibility of getting back together in the future. We'll see what the future holds. Fortunately my new co-workers have been supportive and I've got my new community to focus on. It helps to get involved in the community. It helps me realize that I still have something to offer to others. Now if I can just shake the self-destructive behaviour. I'll be fine.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I haven't been through a divorce, but did go through something similar a few years back. My girlfriend of six years decided she wanted to move on about 2-3 months after I returned from the Gulf War. It was devastating, especially as after being gone for most of a year, I wanted desperately for my life to return to normal. Looking back, I realize that the best thing I did was to leave her completely behind. After splitting up I only saw her once again. It was hard. It took me a long time to get over. But doing it that way made me focus on looking forward. I have had other relationships where I tried to remain friends, but invariably something would come up where one or the other of us would get hurt again.

I'm not going to suggest that you deal with it one way or the other. Only you know your situation and how it may be best for you to handle it. I guess the one thing I would recommend is that you be upfront about discussing your expectations on how the two of you will relate in the future. Now if only I could follow my own advice....

Whatever the outcome, I wish you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.