• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The art world loses another treasure

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Mod, please move to FAC

I meant this to go to the Friday Afternoon Club..
Please move for me, sorry for the mistake.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Re: Mod, please move to FAC

DecaturHawk said:
I meant this to go to the Friday Afternoon Club..
Please move for me, sorry for the mistake.
Done.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I am all for the destruction of crappy public art. Now if Milwaukee can get rid of this:

Beacuse it blocks this:

I would be very happy.

The Irish One

I would be so happy to see native tree's planted in its place.
That art imo was raunch. reference to the parking lot . That wind sail has got to go as well.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The "wing" is the Milwaukee Art Museaum. It really is an outstanding piece of architecture.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am the staff person for our Fine Arts Board...

Some of the suff that they say is art is crazy. I am not a great art dealer, so I do not have any right to judge, but I know that alot if it...I don't like.

WHAT IS ART??

aartworks

I guess it's time for it to go when even the artist who created it looks upon it as an embarrassment since the botched restoration was done on it. A provocative piece, it served it's purpose in it's time - did make people pause and wonder, delight or despair - a coherent visual statement of our times. L

Rem

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
I am all for the destruction of crappy public art. Now if Milwaukee can get rid of this: .....I would be very happy.
I think the orange thing aids the axial focus on the big white thing (art critic in training). Let it stay Repo Man.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
The artist who did the orange thing threw a fit when they wanted it moved for the art museum, so they aligned the museum with the orange thing. I wish someone would just drive a truck into it.

El Feo

Cyburbian
In my opinion, the orange thingy is a monument

...to the artist's overblown ego and sense of self-importance.