• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The Cyburbia Corrupt Wish Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Let's see how evil you are! In the corrupt wish game, someone posts a wish. Any wish. Then the followup poster corrupts it; they grant it, but with a horrible twist. Then they make a wish in the same post. Here are some rules and advice.

1. Try to corrupt the last poster.

2. No wishing for wishy wishes ("I wish for an uncorruptable wish"). Feel free to skip people who do this.

3. No childish corruptions. They must have to relate to the topic somehow. ("OK, you get a sandwich, but then you get hit by a truck and die!!")

Here's an example.

Poster A: I wish for $1,000,000,000

Poster B: Fine, but it is all counterfeit. You get arrested and get sentenced to 50 years in prison.
I wish I could cook like the great chefs.

Poster C Poof! You can now cook, like, the great chefs. You cannibal!
I wish I could take a vacation in Australia.

Poster D Ta-da! You've been granted a year long working holiday at a cattle station in the outback of Northern Territory. The nearest town, Boogahpickawinna, with a population of 35, is 1,000 kilometers away.
{wish}

... and so on.

Let's begin.

I wish the Buffalo Bills will win the next Super Bowl.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I wish the Buffalo Bills will win the next Super Bowl.
Fine, but hell still doesn't freeze over and your stuck listening to Billy Fuccillo Car ads, "Its HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEA" for eternity.

I wish I had $100,000 to start up Rumpy's Rampage (copyright, copyright).

Rem

Cyburbian
Your wish is granted but when registering your Trademark there is a typographical error and you end with a company called Rumpy's Rumpitches.

I wish I could attend the next Cyburbia Laefest (TM).

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Rem said:
Your wish is granted but when registering your Trademark there is a typographical error and you end with a company called Rumpy's Rumpitches.

I wish I could attend the next Cyburbia Laefest (TM).
Unfortunately, you began drinking your lae way too early and ended up sleeping thru the laefest.

I wish I could experience space travel.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
You get your space travel wish, but NASA forgets about you and you're stuck out there, floating for eternity with a limited supply of astronaut ice cream.

I wish my boobs were smaller and my ass was bigger.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
I'm going to pass on "corrupting" you.. but are you sure you didn't mean this the other way around??
No that sounds right. Where's Sir Mix-Alot on this one. Cause Jane Fonda don't have a trunk on the back of her honda.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Jessie-J said:
I wish my boobs were smaller and my ass was bigger.
OOF-DAH! You are now a member of the Dutch Womyn's Rugby squad.

I wish Cyburbia would have more users from outside North America.

B'lieve

Cyburbian
POOF! Cyburbia is invaded by a horde of European and Aussie teenage trolls from SkyscraperCity (sorry Aussies).

[Edit] Oops, posted before I was done. Now editing...
I wish my not-so-old computer didn't crash randomly and otherwise occasionally act as if possessed by Rodney Dangerfield.

jordanb

Cyburbian
B'lieve said:
I wish my not-so-old computer didn't crash randomly and otherwise occasionally act as if possessed by Rodney Dangerfield.
OOF-DAH! I installed Linux.

I wish I wake up tomorrow and find my degree sitting on my bedstand so I don't have to go to school anymore.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Oh, Granted, and can I make that a DR.
Yes, Dr. jordanb and your practice?
Doctor of Proctology of course!
I wish people applying for new subdivisions would be more creative in their names. Eastern Valley how boring!

tsc

Cyburbian
Poof,
No more shady lawn, oak tree lane,,, now all subdivisions are named after your former lovers and childhood bullies.

I wish I my 45 minute commute with a million other road ranging nuts could be eliminated.

donk

Cyburbian
tsc said:

I wish I my 45 minute commute with a million other road ranging nuts could be eliminated.
Done, due to budget cut backs, you get laid off - permanently. No need to commute now.

I wish the renovations to my house were finished.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
I wish the renovations to my house were finished.
*poof* O'Reilly the contractor from Fawlty Towers does a bang-up job on your digs. You're now living in one of those trailers you posted pics of.

I wish I had a nicer wardrobe.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
*poof* O'Reilly the contractor from Fawlty Towers does a bang-up job on your digs. You're now living in one of those trailers you posted pics of.

Poof, "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" gives you a makeover and now you look "Metrosexual".

-I wish I was done with all my work today so I could go bowling and drinking.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Tranplanner said:
[sound effect machine] BZZZOOOOOOOINK [/sound effect machine]

You get your nicer wardrobe, but you become the bitch-slave to all the leading men on Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.

I wish owned a home in a New Urbanist village.

donk

Cyburbian
Wanigas? said:

You do, but the HOA is a bunch of facist pigs with respect to mowing the lawn, and keeping things perfectly within the vision and marketing plan of the developer.

I wish I lived in a warmer climate.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Wanigas? said:

You get your nicer wardrobe, but you become the bitch-slave to all the leading men on Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.

Dude you robbed me. Thats wrong. Just for that your home in the New Urbanist village burns down due to faulty electrical wires and now your stuck living in a refridgerator box down by the river.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Rumpy Tuna said:
Dude you robbed me. Thats wrong. Just for that your home in the New Urbanist village burns down due to faulty electrical wires and now your stuck living in a refridgerator box down by the river.
Dude, man, we posted at the same time. We're on the same wavelength. And I don't mind my new digs down by the river, either.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Wanigas? said:
Dude, man, we posted at the same time. We're on the same wavelength. And I don't mind my new digs down by the river, either.
Sorry, my bad. You don't mind your new house by the river, well, its a wet cardboard box.;)

SGB

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
I wish I had an espresso machine installed in my office.
Your wish is granted, but your java supplier now only carries decaf.

I wish my new minivan got better gas mileage.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
SGB said:
I wish my new minivan got better gas mileage.
DOINK! Your minivan now gets 362 miles per gallon of refined soy fuel. However, the nearest refining plant is in Decatur, Illinois. After one tank, your minivan sits rusting.

I wish that time would reverse itself and that the Cubs got the last 5 outs in Game 7.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Plannerbabs said:
I wish I had an espresso machine installed in my office.
Your wish has been granted, but then you become hyper-productive because of all the caffine and you get everything done and become the employee of the month, but unfortunately, becuase of your success, your supervisor's lax work ethic becomes blazingly apparent, and in order to save face he/she puts you on medical leave because of a coffee addiction.

I wish I could ride my bike to work.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
You can ride your bike to work, but then some soccer mom in a Ford Excursion packed with screaming kids while chatting on a cell phone hits you because she spilled her Starbucks Skim Latte on herself while reaching for her lipstick.

I wish I had a giant plasma screen tv.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Repo Man said:
I wish I had a giant plasma screen tv.

Granted,

But your cable reception gets crappy, and the only thing that comes in clearly is 'Antiques Roadshow' on PBS during a pledge drive.

I wish for perfect 20/20 vision.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
mendelman said:

I wish for perfect 20/20 vision.
POOF! Granted, but the Lasik operation went a little awry...you now have x-ray vision, one eye is significantly larger, and you're cross-eyed.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Plannerbabs said:
POOF! Granted, but the Lasik operation went a little awry...you now have x-ray vision, one eye is significantly larger, and you're cross-eyed.
But I have 20/20 though, which is all I really care about!;-)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
I wish I had whiter teeth
Granted, but you'll be using Super Pollygrip for the rest of your life.

I wish I were a rock star.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
biscuit said:

I wish I were a rock star.
Poof, granted, but you soon die of a drug overdose.

I wish for my salary to be doubled.

SGB

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:

Granted. But the federal and state governments' "tax cuts" will take half.

I wish I had a dog.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:

Done. Inflation this year is 200%. With a week's earnings, you can only afford a six-pack of light beer.

I wish I were going on a long vacation someplace nice.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
~POOF~ Your wish is granted, but you are incarcerated on false charges and your "long vacation" turns into 5 years of hell!

I wish I could take a year off from working and still get paid!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Cardinal said:
POOF, granted a time share in a trailer park in Cairo, Illinois.

I wish I had a clean and everything picked up house.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Big Easy King said:
I wish I could take a year off from working and still get paid!
Granted!!

...But you will be paid in kind(your salary's worth of Rumpy's Rampage) and also not be able to leave the house!

I wish to be a New Urbanist.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
mendelman said:

I wish to be a New Urbanist.
Poof! Granted. Have a great morning, and in case we don't see you again, have a great rest of the day! Here's your HOA-approved retro Schwinn with wicker basket, and don't step on the Cosmos.

(from The Truman Show )

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
Granted!!

...But you will be paid in kind(your salary's worth of Rumpy's Rampage) and also not be able to leave the house!
Hey you'll still be getting drunk. Just build a bar in the basement like Peter did in "the Family Guy" when he was under house arrest for punching a Shemale.;)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Duke Of Dystopia said:
I wish to have the largest beer garden of any brewery on the planet! :)
POOF!
Granted but the floor space excedes that allowed by the local zoning code. You are then fined for not being in compliance to the point that you can no longer afford and are forced to sell. A Super Wal-Mart is then built on the same site a month later.
Oh, and taps serve only Nati-Lite.

Bwaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

I wish planners made as much as CEO's or pro athletes.

tsc

Cyburbian
SGB said:

I wish I had a dog.
Granted,,, one handsome RUGGED dog,, with a severe case of flatulence.

I wish could go home for the afternoon in this 75 degree beautiful weather.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
tsc said:
I wish could go home for the afternoon in this 75 degree beautiful weather.
Beat you to it, I took today off,
bike ride planned this afternoon!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
POOF!
Granted but the floor space excedes that allowed by the local zoning code. You are then fined for not being in compliance to the point that you can no longer afford and are forced to sell. A Super Wal-Mart is then built on the same site a month later.
Oh, and taps serve only Nati-Lite.

Bwaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

I wish planners made as much as CEO's or pro athletes.
Done. Planners now earn a minimum $300,000 annual salary. NIMBY, realtor, and angry idiot developer attendance at Plan Commission meetings now averages 15,000.

I wish I had something good to eat for lunch.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Cardinal said:
Done. Planners now earn a minimum $300,000 annual salary. NIMBY, realtor, and angry idiot developer attendance at Plan Commission meetings now averages 15,000.

I wish I had something good to eat for lunch.
Done. Lobster, steamed veggies, and a severe case of the runs for the rest of the week.

I'd like to be rid of my student loan debts.

SGB

Cyburbian
I'd like to be rid of my student loan debts. [/B]

Done. It has been transferred to a new 24% Visa Platinum Card you should receive in today's mail.

I'd like to have the leaves raked from my lawn.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Poof! The leaves are raked from your lawn, and have been replaces with Cheektowaga style lawn addornments...

I wish this country would just get out for once of this subdevelopment...

biscuit

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:

I wish this country would just get out for once of this subdevelopment...
Granted! Chile's per-capita Gross National Product rises to a level equal to that of Norway, everyone gets a Mercedes and prosperity abounds for all... following annexation by Boliva.

I wish I had a harem

Status
Not open for further replies.