• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Cyburbia Corrupt Wish Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Granted. But the snow does not stop for 4 weeks, making the blizzard of '78 look like flurries.

What is this Blizzard of '78 you speak of?

On your request, don't we all wish that.

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
I wish I could have seen a year ago how messed up my personal life was going to be, and have made changes to avoid it.

Done. But you saw the future during a nightmare and woke up thinking "that'll never happen". (I know, lame answer... but that was a stumper!)

I wish I get to go to APA Nationals this year so I can buy a round of drinks at the Laefest.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
nerudite said:
I wish I get to go to APA Nationals this year so I can buy a round of drinks at the Laefest.

Granted, but you and Elmo get stuck in the subway on the back to the hotel and have to listen to a couple from West Virginia describe in excruciating detail for 3 hours about how it's ok for cousin's to be in love and have children.

I'll be more realistic this time....

I wish my christmas shopping was done (well....at least started).

ludes98

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
I wish my christmas shopping was done (well....at least started).
Done, but no one likes their gift card to Wal-Mart.

I wish we had more independent radio instead of ClearChannel crap.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
ludes98 said:
I wish we had more independent radio instead of ClearChannel crap.

Done, but you get a dozen more AM conservative talk stations, and you start to miss Pink and Linkin Park after a few weeks.

I wish for a new planning job with progressive responsibility in a progressive community with a progressive pay scale with an easy commute.

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
I'm new to this so bear with me

Done..but all responsibility falls on your shoulders and all your co-workers are whiners.

I wish that all my issues and worries disappear forever..

SGB

Cyburbian
Planner Groupie said:
I wish that all my issues and worries disappear forever..

Poof! Granted.

Now your doctor puts you on depressants just so you can relate to others around you.

I wish I could fly like Superman.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
SGB said:
I wish I could fly like Superman.

Fizzle..

Ok you can fly like superman, but after the PCP wears off you realize you can't and thats the reason your legs are broken after jumping off that building.

-I wish I had $250,000 to start my plan I've been working on.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
-I wish I had $250,000 to start my plan I've been working on.
Done. However, the money was funnelled to you by recently indicted former Illinois Governor George Ryan, and now you are looking at 15 to 20 instead of a new, glorious, forward thinking plan.

I wish that I could have accepted the new job I was offered, but didn't because their insurance premiums and deductibles were so damn high that they wiped out the otherwise nice increase in salary.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
granted but in order to reduce rates and deductibles, your employer decides to contract with the new Walton Wellness and Fertility Clinic at the new WalMart lifestyle center.

i wish that the law enforcement would stop staging events like filing charges and arrests just so the media can show up and roll tape on it...

biscuit

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
i wish that the law enforcement would stop staging events like filing charges and arrests just so the media can show up and roll tape on it...

Alakazam!

But now the only things showing on network TV are reruns of Joanie Loves Chachi and Mr. Belvedere.

I wish I had a beter cup of coffee to drink this morning because this stuff from the deli across the street is swill.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
I wish I had a beter cup of coffee to drink this morning because this stuff from the deli across the street is swill.

Your wish is granted but the coffee is loaded with so much caffeine that you become so addicted to it that your co-workers call you "Jolty" and run away from you if you don't have your necessary daily doses.

I wish that I could travel around the world to continue my mission to complete my "gnome" picture project and win photographer of the year.

donk

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:

I wish that I could travel around the world to continue my mission to complete my "gnome" picture project and win photographer of the year.

Done, but the entire time you are forced to listen to the Matthew Good Band song that used a stolen gnome as the main character. (yuck, sorry nerudite)

I wish that cerebus was not ending at issue 300.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
donk said:
I wish that cerebus was not ending at issue 300.
Granted. It will continue, but only because it was bought by the Archie Comics Group and will now feature frequent appearances of Jughead. Entire issues will be devoted to what makes Betty and Veronica different.

I wish that I could just once get to work on time.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
granted, but ensure that you remain ever punctual, you are foreced to give up your home and are resigned to the cot in the boiler room.

i wish that i could get a new secretary.

EDIT: replaced the typo sew with the correct word new. see why i need a new one, i'm trying to post to the board between copying batches of a very large report b/c in the past 2 days she couldn't do it. :-(

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
GeogPlanner said:

i wish that i could get a sew secretary.

Granted, but she ends up constantly pricking you with her sewing needles, and always hems your pants two inches too short.

I wish that the weekend were here already.

Edit - okay, so you fixed your spelling mistake before I could reply. phhhhhhhhht.

donk

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

It is, and the father in law is down to help with the plumbing. ;)

I wish it was a pay week this week.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Tranplanner said:

Granted, but it went by so soo fast - its just blur -
"Must have been a dream I don’t believe where I’ve been" P.Frampton

it is now monday morning
and you are late for work (inspired by DecaturHawk)

I wish did not have to do the annual report
when I get back after 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Years
(I know time off from work is tough).

Seabishop

Cyburbian
JNA said:
I wish did not have to do the annual report
when I get back after 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Years
(I know time off from work is tough).

You don't have to do the annual report because your city/company has invested in planning robots and your vacation is extended for a really long time.

I wish I could eat lunch already.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
I wish I could eat lunch already.

Let it be so...your lunch consists of tofu, brussel and alfalfa sprouts. You eat it in a blink of an eye and are still hungry. You ask around for the office for some money to buy a real lunch but no one wants to talk to you because you have brussel sprout breath, so you sit and pout.

I wish I could have about 2 extra (free) hours a day so I can actually go to work out.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
granted...but due to a rare genetic diorder, the more you work out, the fatter you get.

i wish that public employees got a christmas bonus.

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
Granted but your bonus is .00001% of your yearly salary

I wish all my christmas shopping was done because I always wait till the last minute.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Planner Groupie said:
I wish all my christmas shopping was done because I always wait till the last minute.

POOF! Done... But since all your friends are degenerates and wanted "special" gifts, they were all confiscated at the border and you're looking at 8 - 15 on a possession count.

I wish I had breakfast...

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
Done, but the entire time you are forced to listen to the Matthew Good Band song that used a stolen gnome as the main character. (yuck, sorry nerudite)

That's a good song man! But that was the last good album :(

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
ludes98 said:
I just got my bonus....I wish I could leave work NOW!

Done, you leave work early but get robbed of your bonus after you cash the check, leaving you with deep emotional scares of the Martha Stewert incident.

I wish I could travel to another galaxy and maybe become a Space Trucker.
space2.jpg

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
...and you do b/c you did not receive your bonus as first thought, instead it was your severence pay and the pink slip was misrouted to another department, but found it way to you just in time.

i wish that i could get radio reception in my office.

EDIT: was out-posted.

and you are now a space trucker but on your first yoyave, the United Federation of Planets DOT detains your ship for an inspection and fines you 100 bars of gold pressed latinum for inadquate shielding around your plasma inducers.

i wish i was faster.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
GeogPlanner said:
[Bi wish i was faster. [/B]

FLASH! You are faster, too fast, in fact, as your sudden acceleration just absorbed 300 joules and you have been vaporized.

I wish I was the father of Heidi Klum's child ;-)

donk

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:

I wish I was the father of Heidi Klum's child ;-)

You are, and she comes after you for child support, at her living standards not a planners.

I wish the tracks at the ski club were set.

SGB

Cyburbian
donk said:
I wish the tracks at the ski club were set.

Done!

However, some joker rigged the groomer to set the tracks so they constantly criss-cross like a two-dimensional view of a DNA strand.

I wish I weren't the only staff in our department this afternoon.

donk

Cyburbian
SGB said:
Done!

However, some joker rigged the groomer to set the tracks so they constantly criss-cross like a two-dimensional view of a DNA strand.

You mean the tracks are supposed to be parallel?

I guess the drunk cross eyed guy at our club who sets the tracks needs a new profession. :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
SGB said:
I wish I weren't the only staff in our department this afternoon.

*SHWING* Done... But it's your newest staff member, "Mr. Slave" from South Park.

I wish my back wouldn't ache all the time.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
michaelskis said:
I wish for fresh coat of wax on my skis…

ZING! But you use the same wax as Clark W. Griswold in "Christmas Vacation", hit a tree, and end up paralyzed... just like me!

I wish my credit card bill was smaller this month...

SGB

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
I wish my credit card bill was smaller this month...

Granted.

Your credit card bill is smaller this month. Jenifer Aldrich of Birmingham, AL, will be very surprised at the items on her Visa bill this month.

Don't answer the door; it's most likely "the authorities."

I wish I was a fish.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
SGB said:
I wish I was a fish.
Zing! You are a fish named Nemo, and you are about to be adopted by the dentist's niece, but in reality your Dad was stung to death by the jellyfish.

I wish my kids would just go to bed at a decent hour, stay asleep all night, and not wake up before 7:00.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
SGB said:
I wish I was a fish.

Granted
you were a Fish grilled this past summer on Long Beach Island, NJ.

I wish I was not posting replies, I should be packing.

Last edited:

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
JNA said:
I wish I was not posting replies, I should be packing.

Granted, but you end up packing only inappropriate items, like small kitchen appliances.

Originally posted by DecaturHawk
II wish my kids would just go to bed at a decent hour, stay asleep all night, and not wake up before 7:00.

Granted, but they are now 30 and still living at home.

I wish that we still had real matinees at the movie theater instead of it only being the 10am show or something ridiculous like that.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
I wish that we still had real matinees at the movie theater instead of it only being the 10am show or something ridiculous like that.

Done, but the dyslexic wish machine misread your post. There are now real manatees at every theater.

I wish my best board member had not resigned last week.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
I wish my best board member had not resigned last week.

Your wish is granted. However, the board member is now insistent that you handle every case so your workload is doubled.

I wish I could take a nice vacation to the South Pacific for the winter.

JNL

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:

I wish I could take a nice vacation to the South Pacific for the winter.

As you wish! You have the best holiday of your life, relaxing on a beautiful island with white sand and clear water. But... you have to go home eventually and back to work, and your workload has doubled while you were away.

I wish guys would not say they are going to call if they actually have no intention of calling.

boiker

Cyburbian
JNL said:
As you wish! You have the best holiday of your life, relaxing on a beautiful island with white sand and clear water. But... you have to go home eventually and back to work, and your workload has doubled while you were away.

I wish guys would not say they are going to call if they actually have no intention of calling.

done, now guys just don't say anything.

I wish that I didn't have to physically get up and drive to the airport to pick up my brother.

JNL

Cyburbian
boiker said:
I wish that I didn't have to physically get up and drive to the airport to pick up my brother.

You give the beta version of Teleporter 3000 a whirl but something goes wrong and now you have no hair. Anywhere. You look very scary without eyebrows.

I wish that I had a magic instant cure for hangovers.

donk

Cyburbian
JNL said:

I wish that I had a magic instant cure for hangovers.

Bang you do, but it involves staying up and staying drunk for weeks on end.

I wish gals would take the initiative to call us guys.

JNL

Cyburbian
donk said:
Bang you do, but it involves staying up and staying drunk for weeks on end.

So what's new? ;)

I wish gals would take the initiative to call us guys.

<Ring ring, ring ring>

Donk: Hello?
JNL: Hi Donk, just calling to say hi, and I was wondering if you'd like to catch up for a drink sometime.
Donk: Sure, that sounds good.
JNL: By the way, I live in New Zealand.

Donk now gets lots of calls, but the women all live in far-flung countries :p

I wish I had a new notebook and high-speed internet connection at home

donk

Cyburbian
JNL said:

I wish I had a new notebook and high-speed internet connection at home

Now your cyburbia addiction consumes useful personal time, not just work time.

I wish I knew who my secret Santa is. The not knowing is driving me nuts.

(By the way my friends are trying to convince me to save up the money to go with them to NZ next fall.)

Last edited:

JNL

Cyburbian
[OT]
donk said:
(By the way my friends are trying to convince me to save up the money to go with them to NZ next fall.)

Cool! Let me know if you are planning to come over and we'll have to catch up over a Wicked Blonde :) Also let me know if you want info on places to visit etc, happy to help out. [/OT]

michaelskis

Cyburbian
donk said:

I wish I knew who my secret Santa is. The not knowing is driving my nuts.

Boom, Granted... it's Dan, but you find out that he has a crush on you, and has been stalking you for years now.

I wish I could wake up on my birthday this year with a smile on my face...

***NO not because of that, you sick sick people***

Seabishop

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
I wish I could wake up on my birthday this year with a smile on my face...

Done, but like grandma warned you it stays that way all the time, and you are embarrassing to be around at meetings and funerals.

I wish to stay healthy this winter.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Granted...but a massive heart attack kills you on the first day of spring.

I wish I hadn't eaten so much popcorn at LOTR:ROTK yesterday. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.