• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Forum games 🎲 The Cyburbia Corrupt Wish Game

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
I wish I hadn't eaten so much popcorn at LOTR:ROTK yesterday. :-(
Your wish is granted. Instead, you consumed four boxes of Jujyfruits, two boxes of Dots, a whole bag of M&M's and six supersized Mountain Dews. You missed most of movie while in the bathroom.

I wish I could find the time to see LOTR:ROTK.

donk

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:

I wish I could find the time to see LOTR:ROTK.

Granted, but you get stuck with the audience I had (Crying kids who had no clue about what was going on and getting up every 10 seconds to go to the bathroom)

I wish the holiday season was over already.

boiker

Cyburbian
woopa!

done and done, the current holiday season is over.

however, the corporate "Christmas 2" lasts the entire month of January.

I wish that it would snow on christmas, but not too much.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Re: woopa!

boiker said:
I wish that it would snow on christmas, but not too much.

Done. You have your white Christmas, but it is acid filled and eats painted surfaces, including the paint on the new Volvo on being delivered to your house from a sweepstakes you didn't even know you'd entered.

I wish our company would ditch the 1.1 megapixel diskcraptastic camera we have, for a new 5.1 megapixel model.

boiker

Cyburbian
Re: Re: woopa!

ludes98 said:
Done. You have your white Christmas, but it is acid filled and eats painted surfaces, including the paint on the new Volvo on being delivered to your house from a sweepstakes you didn't even know you'd entered.

I wish our company would ditch the 1.1 megapixel diskcraptastic camera we have, for a new 5.1 megapixel model.

You get the new camera and its given its own office and the title of planning director. The camera is busy attending meetings all day and you are not able to use it at all.

I wish that all the work I need to complete before I leave this position was already done!

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Granted but once its done, you new position is always referred to as "assume the position."

I wish I had a new apartment.

SGB

Cyburbian
I wish I had a new apartment. [/B]

Congratulations. You are now the proud tenant of a "new to you" ground level apartment on Central Avenue in Albany. I'll let you guess the neighborhood.

I wish Christmas with my inlaws wasn't so centered on the quantity of gifts given.

ludes98

Cyburbian
SGB said:
I wish Christmas with my inlaws wasn't so centered on the quantity of gifts given.

Done, now time spent with them is measured against time spent with your parents.

I wish my parents weren't convinced we spend more time with my inlaws, or that it mattered either way!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Done, but now they don't care if you ignore them, because they have Alzheimer and they forgot about you!

I wish Christians kept Christmas for themselves alone.... and not try to shove it on the rest of the world that doesn't give a damn.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
granted...but now everyone is christian

i wish that i had a vaccuum to clean this gross office rug.

SGB

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
i wish that i had a vaccuum to clean this gross office rug.

KaPOW! You now have a vacuum. Unfortunately for you and your office, it doesn't suck. It blows!

I wish I could remember to bring my holiday cd's to the office.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
SGB said:
I wish I could remember to bring my holiday cd's to the office.

Granted you do remember
however all you had was
Metallica's covers of them.

wish it would snow on Christmas instead of being 40 and rain.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
JNA said:

wish it would snow on Christmas instead of being 40 and rain.

Ka-plow! Granted, but now there's 40 feet of snow, and Santa's caught in a traffic jam on I-90.

I wish I weren't afraid of flying so I could visit relatives overseas.

SGB

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
I wish I weren't afraid of flying so I could visit relatives overseas.

Granted. Thanks to the 12 Step program at Phobia 'R Us, you are now cured. However, your overseas relatives now expect to see you at every major holiday and all vacations.

I wish my asthma would just go away.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
SGB said:

I wish my asthma would just go away.

Done, but you now have to live in a plastic bubble and be transported to work in a trailer like a horse.

I wish that replacing my kitchen floor will be easy.

donk

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:

just for tran, i removed mine. His is way better and the floor is nice at his place..

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Seabishop said:

Zap - Tranplanner and his brother show up and replace your kitchen floor for you. You are now stuck with a mosaic tile floor depicting the defeat of the French on the Plains of Abraham.

(actually, my brother and I - and Mrs. Tranplanner - put in an awesome slate floor in our kitchen).

I wish that the kitchen store I have to go to tonight for my wife's last gift was not so far away.

EDIT - Donk you thief!

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

I wish that the kitchen store I have to go to tonight for my wife's last gift was not so far away.

Poof! Done--you find a fabulous kitchen boutique two blocks away from your office--but all items are at a 200% markup, and the item your wife wants is only available in avocado green or harvest gold.

I wish there was a good, cheap, fast sushi place downtown. And that I had time to go there.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Tranplanner said:

Bing! Done... It's right next door, along with a bevy of other big box stores in your new "non-conforming residential use in a commercial zone" home. You can hardly pull out of your driveway without help from a traffic cop, and the city refuses to put in a signal.

I wish my engineer would finish the stuff I told him to have ready for me 3 days ago!

boiker

Cyburbian
bom bah!

The plans were done three days ago! Didn't you see them? You must have misplaced them.

I wish i was more motivated to work today.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: bom bah!

boiker said:
I wish i was more motivated to work today.

***POOF*** Done... But it's because of your methamphetamine habit.

I wish I had a spot of Irish whiskey...

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
you are now super motivated, but know everyone else is mad at you for being too interested and being a kiss a$$.

i wish i knew the password to my former co-workers computer so i could check the e-mail.

boiker

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
you are now super motivated, but know everyone else is mad at you for being too interested and being a kiss a$$.

i wish i knew the password to my former co-workers computer so i could check the e-mail.

You find the password "REDRUM" etched on the underside of the desk, every email you read contains a strange reference to oatmeal.

I wish this game was rejuvinated!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Seabishop said:
Deseo para un patrón que diga "sí."

Your employer says "yes", but the question is... "Should I be looking for another job?"

I wish I didn't have to go out and take a bunch of digital pictures today...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Mastiff said:
Your employer says "yes", but the question is... "Should I be looking for another job?"

I wish I didn't have to go out and take a bunch of digital pictures today...
Sure enough you drop the $500 digital camera and are unable to take digital pictures but your employer charges you the full purchase price for a new one.

I wish I could spend all day every day watching Hogans Heroes and Mannix reruns.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Maister said:
I wish I could spend all day every day watching Hogans Heroes and Mannix reruns.

Wish granted but your B&W TV is flickering in and out while the high pitched squeaking is so loud you have to plug your ears.

I wish the my cats would stop waking me up at 5:30 am to be fed :-@

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Maister said:
Granted, but michaelaskis invites himself over to watch with you on the love seat. Mr. Ducky gets mad because he thought this was the day you were going to spend quality time with him;)

PlannerByDay said:
I wish the my cats would stop waking me up at 5:30 am to be fed
Granted, but now they wake you up a half hour earlier.

I wish I had a beer right now to ease the pain of having to hear the gossip crew talk about fake rolexes and low carb diets;)

Rumpy Tunanator said:
Granted, but michaelaskis invites himself over to watch with you on the love seat. Mr. Ducky gets mad because he thought this was the day you were going to spend quality time with him;)

Granted, but now they wake you up a half hour earlier.

I wish I had a beer right now to ease the pain of having to hear the gossip crew talk about fake rolexes and low carb diets;)
Ganted, but it is a low carb, non-alcoholic beer that most folks here would deem to be "swill".

I wish I had a enough money to keep doing what I believe in and be spared the need to work for a living.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michele Zone said:
Ganted, but it is a low carb, non-alcoholic beer that most folks here would deem to be "swill".

I wish I had a enough money to keep doing what I believe in and be spared the need to work for a living.

*POOF* Granted! But the money you found is from a very angry drug cartel, and you have to do what you believe in... while on the run.

I wish Santa Clause would bring me fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive golden rings...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Mastiff said:
I wish Santa Clause would bring me fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive golden rings...

*POOF* Granted! While wearing them in San Francisco, you become Fabulous!!!

Mastiff said:
*POOF* Granted! But the money you found is from a very angry drug cartel, and you have to do what you believe in... while on the run.
Yes, when I said that, I did have visions of the first wish (er, second, I guess -- the hamburger was the first) in "Bedazzled": "I wish I were rich and powerful and married to (whatsername)" ....

......"I'm a Columbian Drug Lord?!!!" :-c

Mastiff

Gunfighter
giff57 said:
Crap! I forgot to wish!

I wish my car was paid off

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing! Paid off! By... the insurance company after the accident. Unfortunately, the pay off isn't even close to what you need to buy a comparable vehicle. The good news is the air bag-to-the-face made you a much more handsome fellow!

I wish the *&^%$ at the OECDD would send me the final paperwork for close out my old CDBG grant.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing! Paid off! By... the insurance company after the accident. Unfortunately, the pay off isn't even close to what you need to buy a comparable vehicle. The good news is the air bag-to-the-face made you a much more handsome fellow!

I wish the *&^%$ at the OECDD would send me the final paperwork for close out my old CDBG grant.
You return on monday to your office to see it crammed with the paperwork he sent you.

I wish these f-ing hic-ups would stop!!! :-@

steel

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
You return on monday to your office to see it crammed with the paperwork he sent you.

I wish these f-ing hic-ups would stop!!! :-@

Wammo
your wish is granted but the hickups are replaced by uncontrolled eruptions from the other end.

I wish Chicago would have a real snowstorm so that the goofball TV weather guys would not have to pretend that 2" of snow in Chicago is a big deal!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
steel said:
I wish Chicago would have a real snowstorm so that the goofball TV weather guys would not have to pretend that 2" of snow in Chicago is a big deal!

Your wish is granted. Weather reporters from around the globe flock on the city to report when the snow really begins to fly at the end of April. The storm lasts several days, and a record-cold summer keeps it from melting before the snows begin again in September and global warming is debunked as a myth.

I wish radio stations would not play that godawful Christmas music. Does anybody really want to hear Sprinsteen singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town?"

Queen B

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Your wish is granted. Weather reporters from around the globe flock on the city to report when the snow really begins to fly at the end of April. The storm lasts several days, and a record-cold summer keeps it from melting before the snows begin again in September and global warming is debunked as a myth.

I wish radio stations would not play that godawful Christmas music. Does anybody really want to hear Sprinsteen singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town?"

As you surf for a radio station all you seem to be able to find is really vulgar rap music. And listening harder you hear them that the guest spot on the next record is going to be, who else...Springsteen.

I wish I could find a really great job locally before Christmas.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Kazaaaaaaaam! Not a single Christmas song can be heard on the radio.... because every station has been playing "The Monster Mash" around the clock ever since Halloween.

I wish I could get all of my CDBG contracts closed outbefore the end of the year so I could spend my more time doing neighborhood planning.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I wish I could focus on one thing for at least 20 minutes at a stretch this afternoon. :-| and get stuff done before vacation.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Plannerbabs said:
I wish I could focus on one thing for at least 20 minutes at a stretch this afternoon. :-| and get stuff done before vacation.

POOF! Your wish has been granted. Your focus on one (1) thing was so intense that you thought of nothing else from 12-20-04 through 3-14-05. You missed Christmas, New Year's Day, and most of the Michael Jackson trial. Because of that focus adventure you have been placed in an asylum.

I wish that the Detroit Tigers would win the World Series in 2005.

Bear

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Bear Up North said:
POOF! Your wish has been granted. Your focus on one (1) thing was so intense that you thought of nothing else from 12-20-04 through 3-14-05. You missed Christmas, New Year's Day, and most of the Michael Jackson trial. Because of that focus adventure you have been placed in an asylum.

I wish that the Detroit Tigers would win the World Series in 2005.

Bear

Poof! They win it all! With scab players, since there was an NHL style lock-out. Oh, and you had so much work, you didn't catch a single game.

I wish I had the $25K I need to finish my project...

Jaxspra

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Poof! They win it all! With scab players, since there was an NHL style lock-out. Oh, and you had so much work, you didn't catch a single game.

I wish I had the $25K I need to finish my project...
Poof! Your granted the 25k but the contractor just put in for a 10K change order...
I wish someone other than me and my dad would do the remodeling/maintenance around this house (for free ;-) )...

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Jaxspra said:
Poof! Your granted the 25k but the contractor just put in for a 10K change order...
I wish someone other than me and my dad would do the remodeling/maintenance around this house (for free ;-) )...

Poof your wish is granted but it is your EX that is doing the work so you must endure that grief.

I really hope that Budgie and Rumpy behave themselves at the Florida laefest and RJ does not wear his bathing suit thong. For the love of god, none of us need to endure that or less clothing. ;)

Jaxspra

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Poof your wish is granted but it is your EX that is doing the work so you must endure that grief.

Nice one TN, nice ;)

I really hope that Budgie and Rumpy behave themselves at the Florida laefest and RJ does not wear his bathing suit thong. For the love of god, none of us need to endure that or less clothing. ;)

GRANTED but instead of the thong, RJ, Rumpy and Budgie all decide to go sans clothing!!!!

I wish my boys would go to sleep!!!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Jaxspra said:
GRANTED but instead of the thong, RJ, Rumpy and Budgie all decide to go sans clothing!!!!

I wish my boys would go to sleep!!!

As I said, no one should endure that one!!!

A truckload of Benadryl arrives on your doorstep and the kids take it like they were eating candy.

I wish I could have a gardner take care of my yard.