• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Forum games 🎲 The Cyburbia Corrupt Wish Game

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
As I said, no one should endure that one!!!

A truckload of Benadryl arrives on your doorstep and the kids take it like they were eating candy.

I wish I could have a gardner take care of my yard.
wham, you marry Mr. Merriam and learn how to spell gardener.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Zoning Goddess said:
wham, you marry Mr. Merriam and learn how to spell gardener.
You just killed this thread....you didn't add a wish.

Last edited:

steel

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
OK, I wish I was 5'6".

Ok but your added manlyness requires special trousers which are expensive and look some what odd.

I wish the supermarket sold decent tomatos.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
steel said:
I wish the supermarket sold decent tomatos.

Your market starts to sell decent "tomatoes". The owner is a geezer who calls his ladies of the night "tomatoes", with names like Candy, Handy, and Bambi. As the police haul you away you catch a glimpse of michaelskis standing in the vegatable section.

I wish my fake Amish (hand-drawn) city De Noc was real.

Bear

SGB

Cyburbian
Bear Up North said:
I wish my fake Amish (hand-drawn) city De Noc was real.

Oh, it's real alright. How's that capital improvement plan & budget looking, Mayor Bear? 'Cause it looks like you've got about 30 miles of road that will all need resurfacing within the next 5 years.

I hope you'll understand if I miss the upcoming budget public hearing.....

I wish... I wish.... I wish I were a fish.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
SGB said:
Oh, it's real alright. How's that capital improvement plan & budget looking, Mayor Bear? 'Cause it looks like you've got about 30 miles of road that will all need resurfacing within the next 5 years.

I hope you'll understand if I miss the upcoming budget public hearing.....

I wish... I wish.... I wish I were a fish.

Okay your wish is granted but you are caught by some fisherman and soon grilled on the barbq.

I wish my office made us delicious and nutrious breakfasts.

Trail Nazi said:
I wish my office made us delicious and nutrious breakfasts.
Your wish is granted: Your office institutes an X-treme overtime policy and they feed you a delicious nutritious breakfast now that you are practically a prisoner who never goes home.

I wish I could get the files transferred from my old computer to my new one. Ugh. (Like TODAY, I mean -- this is taking forever. :-$ :-{ )

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
Your wish is granted: Your office institutes an X-treme overtime policy and they feed you a delicious nutritious breakfast now that you are practically a prisoner who never goes home.

I wish I could get the files transferred from my old computer to my new one. Ugh. (Like TODAY, I mean -- this is taking forever. :-$ :-{ )

Wish granted, but you can only do in LINUX, making your new computer useless except for computer geeks.

I wish I spring would finally get here in central Indiana. This warm for a few day then cold again is a pain. Plus I'm tired of scrapping frost of my windshield in the morning.

Whose Yur Planner said:
Wish granted, but you can only do in LINUX, making your new computer useless except for computer geeks.

I wish I spring would finally get here in central Indiana. This warm for a few day then cold again is a pain. Plus I'm tired of scrapping frost of my windshield in the morning.
Your wish is granted. Spring lasts a week, and summer arrives HOT on its heals. It is the hottest summer you have ever experienced. Global warming to the max. Hotter than hell. Your windshield melts and you will never have to scrape it again.

Now, I wish I could get hooked up with a Linux Geek so I can understand my damn computer. Thanks, WYP. :-@

;)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Michele Zone said:
Now, I wish I could get hooked up with a Linux Geek so I can understand my damn computer. Thanks, WYP. :-@

;)
Poof.....granted....but he will be exceedingly shy and not willing to reply to any of your constant yammering. ;-)

I wish houses were not so expensive where I live compared to income.

mendelman said:
Poof.....granted....but he will be exceedingly shy and not willing to reply to any of your constant yammering. ;-)

I wish houses were not so expensive where I live compared to income.
Good lord, you are cruel. That would be like staying married to Mr. Zone! :-c

Poof! wish granted. Your town sinks rapidly into slum-dom and you can afford any house there, but none are anything you would actually WANT to live in.

I wish someone else would make the next wish to carry on this corrupt game. I have been abused enough for one day. :-D

Michele Zone said:
I wish someone else would make the next wish to carry on this corrupt game. I have been abused enough for one day. :-D

Downtown steps in, but as you turn around to leave the thread, the door slams you in the behind, leaving you bruised and tender.

I wish I could get some of my pre-pregnancy energy back and not need a nap in the middle of the day, and still have to go to bed at 8:30 every damn night.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
Downtown steps in, but as you turn around to leave the thread, the door slams you in the behind, leaving you bruised and tender.

I wish I could get some of my pre-pregnancy energy back and not need a nap in the middle of the day, and still have to go to bed at 8:30 every damn night.

You get your pre-pregnancy energy back, but now you have insomnia. ;-)

I wish my youngest Weim would behave and not act like we haven't trained her.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
I wish my youngest Weim would behave and not act like we haven't trained her.
Whammo! Granted, but now she walks on her hind legs, wears clothing, and speaks in complete, polite sentances. The neighbors are thoroughly freaked out, and she's asking when she can get her learner's permit.
I wish there were 36 hours in each day, so I could get everything done at work, and still have time at home to make a nice dinner, work out, do laundry, read a book.....and get 8 hours sleep.

steel

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
I wish there were 36 hours in each day, so I could get everything done at work, and still have time at home to make a nice dinner, work out, do laundry, read a book.....and get 8 hours sleep.

Pufffffffffffffffff Your wish granted but now there are no weekends due to leap days....You must now work every day of the week

I wish the phone would stop ringing

SGB

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:

Wish granted. But there are now only 4.67 days in a week. ;)

I wish mud season were over.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I wish we wouldn't resurrect threads from the dead that had run their course..... ;)

Jaxspra

Cyburbian
steel said:
Pufffffffffffffffff Your wish granted but now there are no weekends due to leap days....You must now work every day of the week

I wish the phone would stop ringing
Poof the phone has stopped rining but now the personal visits and emails just wont stop....
I wish I had a nanny....

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Jaxspra said:
I wish I had a nanny....
Poof.. You get a nanny...but it's Michael Jackson! :D

I just wish my posts were converted into thousand dollars :D (i.e. I'd have 3,000,000 bux)

steel

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Poof.. You get a nanny...but it's Michael Jackson! :D

I just wish my posts were converted into thousand dollars :D (i.e. I'd have 3,000,000 bux)

Pooooooof ........Monopoly money....go directly to jail do not apss Go do not collect $200.00

I wish I could get tickets to the Oprah show

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
steel said:
I wish I could get tickets to the Oprah show

Okay, your wish is granted but after you get to the show, it has been cancelled for the day and you are unable to make it to any of the other tapings.

I wish that work would implement a siesta time and not lengthen our work hours/days to accomodate it.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Trail Nazi said:
I wish that work would implement a siesta time and not lengthen our work hours/days to accomodate it.

Poof! Because of the influence of NAFTA your workplace is relocated to a cave in southern Mexico. Siesta time is spent kicking the snakes.

I wish I was in the land of cotton. :8: :8:

Bear

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Bear Up North said:
I wish I was in the land of cotton. :8: :8:

Bear

Granted. However, the bolweevil is such a problem that they swarm you and make life un"bear"able.

As for Sisterceleste, your wish is also granted but the weather takes a turn for the worst and you are stranded without electricty and running water. And you are not permitted to leave due to safety concerns.

I wish my friend would return my iPod back to me (completely working with much better music) sooner than she said she would return it to me.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Trail Nazi said:
I wish my friend would return my iPod back to me (completely working with much better music) sooner than she said she would return it to me.
While you're at work you get a phonecall from a frantic neighbor who says "There's this huge truck and they're dropping off what looks to be a 35 ft. tall iPod in your front yard!" When you contact your friend (who happens to be a mad scientist) and ask if she knows anything about a giant iPod, she tells you in hurt tones that "I was only trying to be nice. I thought you would appreciate having the world's first object subjected to my new Enlarg-o-ray. I thought you'd be happy to have the Worlds Biggest iPod...I even downloaded some vintage 'Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers'......but I guess you're no friend of mine!!" and angrily hangs up the phone. Unbeknownst to you there is even worse news. The Shrink-o-ray is YEARS away from development.

I wish could spend the weekend sitting in my recliner, drinking ice cold Moosehead and listening to New Wave music instead of helping people move out.

Maister said:
While you're at work you get a phonecall from a frantic neighbor who says "There's this huge truck and they're dropping off what looks to be a 35 ft. tall iPod in your front yard!" When you contact your friend (who happens to be a mad scientist) and ask if she knows anything about a giant iPod, she tells you in hurt tones that "I was only trying to be nice. I thought you would appreciate having the world's first object subjected to my new Enlarg-o-ray. I thought you'd be happy to have the Worlds Biggest iPod...I even downloaded some vintage 'Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers'......but I guess you're no friend of mine!!" and angrily hangs up the phone. Unbeknownst to you there is even worse news. The Shrink-o-ray is YEARS away from development.

I wish could spend the weekend sitting in my recliner, drinking ice cold Moosehead and listening to New Wave music instead of helping people move out.

Granted however, there's a terrible earthquake and all of the power is out and your house is flooded from the broken plumbing.

I wish that I could get all of the things done- that I need to get done and not feel daunted about doing them... and enjoy a nice long vacation somewhere really nice.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Shazam, your sister dries out...and becomes an insufferable holier than thou boorish temperance preacher.

I wish no one would complain when I bump old threads or split threads from RTDNTOTO

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Shazam, your sister dries out...and becomes an insufferable holier than thou boorish temperance preacher.

I wish no one would complain when I bump old threads or split threads from RTDNTOTO
Alakazooie! Your wish is granted and no one complains about the bumping of old threads because everyone departs Cyburbia for Bantr.

I wish I could think up something funny.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Blazadam! What you thought up was the funniest thing EVAR to earth worms. I mean you're like the Amy Schumer of the world to worms, and they flock from afar to hear you tell your worm funny worm joke. People, on the other hand, regard this all as being kinda, well, weird.

I wish I could be cast in an upcoming Game of Thrones reboot.