• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Cyburbia Weight Loss Plan (TM)

DVD

Cyburbian
I've lost 42.5 pounds since August 6, 2015. Ate lunch that day, felt like crap, and decided it was time to change my life. I'm down to 187.5 pounds as of this past Friday, the lowest I've weighed at any point in my adult life.

Oh, and nice to see you all again :D

Congrats! I hope to lose just half that if I can. And welcome back!

kms

Cyburbian
I've lost 42.5 pounds since August 6, 2015. Ate lunch that day, felt like crap, and decided it was time to change my life. I'm down to 187.5 pounds as of this past Friday, the lowest I've weighed at any point in my adult life.

Oh, and nice to see you all again :D

Way to go!!!!

That happened to me once. I wish it would again.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
btrage said:
Oh, and nice to see you all again
Nice to see you too. You should stop by more often.

That happened to me once. I wish it would again.
Since you did it once you already know it's possible. That's half the battle.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
The last two weeks of scheduling procedures, testing, and recovery put a stop to my activity plans. I might have even gained a couple of pounds because of stress eating.

Now that I'm able to get back to some sort of schedule, I hope to get back on the walking/portion control track. I feel like I'm starting over, and in a way I am, but I have already made the decision on what to do. Now I just need to get out and do it (again).

michaelskis

Cyburbian

Do they provide details on an eating plan? I see they want you to exercise for at least 150 minutes a week, including two group programs, but I could not find the part where it talked about eating habits.

Over the past 4 months, I have falling off the workout trend and my eating habits have been horrible. Last weekend when my back was hurting I noticed how much of a gut had formed and it ticked me off. I am sure that my lack of health and fitness did not help prevent my back issue. So I decided that on Monday, I am going to get back into the groove of things and start eating healthy with a standardized simple 15 meal program (7 dinner options, 7 lunch options, 1 breakfast), and do the Men's Health Get Back Into Shape program. All the foods will be balanced on the glycemic index and will not include processed grains or dairy. It will include a ton of lean proteins and vegetables. In 8 weeks, I will expand the food options a little bit more. The keys for me will be pre-prepared foods. I will cook most of the meals on Sunday and pre-packaged them into tupperware containers. But that is my task for tomorrow, creating my meal plan and going shopping, then cooking everything before the game on Sunday.

I will have beer and wings on Sunday, and I will finish all the beer because it will be my last beer until March 17th.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Do they provide details on an eating plan? I see they want you to exercise for at least 150 minutes a week, including two group programs, but I could not find the part where it talked about eating habits.

Basically the eating plan is a modified South Beach diet. 2-4 weeks of pretty much no carbs to lill the sugar and processed carb cravings, then adding back in things like fruits and such. The Dr has a simple eating plan:

75% of your plate plant based
count legs (chicken is better than than pork and beef and fish is best)
don't eat anything that will fall apart under running water ie: eat real food, the closer to nature the better

Habanero

Cyburbian
The last two weeks of scheduling procedures, testing, and recovery put a stop to my activity plans. I might have even gained a couple of pounds because of stress eating.

Now that I'm able to get back to some sort of schedule, I hope to get back on the walking/portion control track. I feel like I'm starting over, and in a way I am, but I have already made the decision on what to do. Now I just need to get out and do it (again).

I'm right there with you. I got pneumonia last August and had to seriously cut back on my lifting. Then I took a new job which made training over my lunch hour impossible so between not being cleared for crazy physical activity and a new job that keeps be extra busy, I've put on about ten pounds. I really need to get into a better routine of either jogging in the morning or evening after I get home. I've even thought of trying to get back to power lifting twice a week just for the stress relief but so far, my guilt on rarely being home before dinner is getting the better of me and my scheduling priorities.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Down 59 lbs since my wedding two years ago! I'm about ready to dress up and have more wedding photos taken!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I tipped the scales this morning at my weight when I graduated from high school: 164 lbs. :)