• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Demise of SNL

Is SNL Dead or What?

• The best it's ever been!!!!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Someone put the show out of its unfunny misery!!!

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • What is this SNL you speak of? I'm out running the streets on Sat. nights!!!

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

jordanb

Cyburbian
I wish they'd cancel SNL and replace it with The Daily Show. That show is hilarious, but I don't get cable, so I can't watch it.

It was funny with Craig Kilborn, but it's hilarious with John Steward, and its "headlines" blows "weekend edition" out of the water.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
jordanb said:
I wish they'd cancel SNL and replace it with The Daily Show. That show is hilarious, but I don't get cable, so I can't watch it.

It was funny with Craig Kilborn, but it's hilarious with John Steward, and its "headlines" blows "weekend edition" out of the water.

I don't know about moving the Daily Show to network TV. I think he would probably lose some of the flexibility and punch that he has on cable. I don't know if segments like "This Week in God" would be as likely to fly on network TV. Of course, Deperate Housewives is pretty "out there" so maybe it would work.

If he was to move to network, I'd like to see him on ABC going head-to-head with Leno & Letterman. They could slip him in between the late local news and Nightline (might help increase Nightline viewership as a follow-up to The Daily Show).

otterpop

Cyburbian
Cirrus said:
Not familiar with The Daily Show?

You're right. Slipped my mind. And me, an avid Daily Show watcher. Okay, so I will say "one of the few places to see political comedy on TV."