• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The first to go, go

Who will be the first to leave

• John Asscroft

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Condi Rice

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Donald Rumsfeld

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Colin Powell

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cardinal

Cyburbian
So far most of Doubya's top dogs have stayed the course, even though there have been some behind the scenes battles. Now the news is that good ole Donald Rumsfeld has been nudged out of overseeing the Iraq reconstruction in favor of Condoleeza Rice. She has herself been the subject of speculation that she will not return if Bush is re-elected. Of course, there has been a lot more speculation about Colin Powell being disgruntled with the Big Dog's policies and looking to step out of the picture. As for Asscroft, he is the chief target of liberals and conservatives alike over policies many feel are eroding basic rights. So which will be the first to leave?

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20031007/mdf377980.jpg

Uncle Doubya doesn't want you!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I voted for General Powell but I think he'll probably stay on through this term because of his military loyalties, althogu I wish he'd get out before nore muck sticks to him.

I hope for Asscroft.

otterpop

Cyburbian
I hope John Ashcroft goes, whether first, or whatever order. Just go! Also I really would love to see Rumsfield, being his usual condescending and snotty self, get bitch-slapped by some reporter. Just for giggles.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Asscroft! That's hilarious.

I heard that a few months ago he spent a bunch of taxpayer money to have the genital area of ancient Greek-style statutes covered up! He's such a loser.

I voted Rummy. I heard he's pissed that Bush is overhauling how Iraq is being occupied. He wasn't consulted at all apparently. I would be happy to see them all go, except for Powell.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Didn't Powell already say that he is not going to continue after 2004? I would love for Ashcroft to go since he scares me.