• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The gifts they leave behind

jmf

Cyburbian
Re: Re: The gifts they leave behind

Tranplanner said:
I think he left behind a year's supply of firewood...
....or more. Plus a bonanza for electricians, most people on my parent's block, and in many areas, lost the electrical connection to the house which needs to be replaced and inspected.

jmf

Cyburbian
Newsflash

The news this afternoon is reporting that a few roads are closed around the munitions disposal yard because Juan stirred things up a little bit in Halifax Harbour and swept some munitions ashore which previously were safely (???) on the harbour floor.

Last edited:

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Hey! I didn't do anything! :p Sure.. just blame it on me man... Damn metereologists!

SGB

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Hey! I didn't do anything! :p Sure.. just blame it on me man... Damn metereologists!
LAWSUIT!! Defamation of character!!!

donk

Cyburbian
Skel,

In my best mothers voice

"Juan now that you are done playing it is time to clean up, now get your a$$ up to Nova Scotia and clean up. And while you're at it visit the free clinic"

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
Skel,

In my best mothers voice

"Juan now that you are done playing it is time to clean up, now get your a$$ up to Nova Scotia and clean up. And while you're at it visit the free clinic"
Dude.... your MOM told you to go to an STD clinic? Thats just wrong.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
She did not say what kind of clinic -
So considering the circumstances to clean up that mess
the clinic he should attend is:

Chain Saw engine tune-up and sharpening
Does that approach being RUGGED?

If nothing else how about the LUMBERJACK Song!

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
SGB said:

Did Juan leave any gifts in Nova Scotia?
iirc, there was a hurricane Juan in Louisiana in the mid-eighties, and people still use it as an excuse for why they lost their fishing permit, their microwave tower pemit, their amateur radio permit, etc, etc, when the sheriff comes around.

donk

Cyburbian
chet posted
Dude.... your MOM told you to go to an STD clinic? Thats just wrong.
Not my mother's voice, just a matronly voice. This comment was based on skel's response in thisthread and this one

My old office was next door to the City's sexual health clinic.

The faces of fear and relief coming by my door were pretty funny. You could always tell the results of the pregnancy test. The number of mothers beating there tramp daughters in the hallway was pretty high