• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The Height of Cyburbia

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
As part of my "QUEST FOR THE CLUBE", I'll be asking some innocuous questions, and one came to mind. Who are the tallest male and female members of Cyburbia?

Let's see how everyone measures up. I'm positive I'm not the tallest guy, but I'll throw my height in -- I'm an even 6 feet tall.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
6' 1" and change

An interesting corollary: Who is the heaviest? (Which doesn't necessarily mean 'fattest'.) - I'm about 220lbs which includes my stockpile paunch.

Last edited:

biscuit

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
An interesting corollary: Who is the heaviest? (Which doesn't necessarily mean 'fattest'.)
6'3", 188 lbs. (1.905 meters, 85.28 kilos) of buttered Southern biscuit.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Male
6'-1"
175#
6-pack -- not my abs -- in my hands ;-)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I'll add mine, though I know I won't be the tallest, I might challenge for the "heaviest."

6-1, 255

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'm only 5'10" (178cm), weighing in at 185lbs/84kg (I'm big boned, okay?).

Donk is pretty tall - gotta be at least 6'4". He's a skinny b*****d too ;)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
NHPlanner said:
I'll add mine, though I know I won't be the tallest, I might challenge for the "heaviest."

6-1, 255
6-0 , 285 and dropping about 2-3 pounds per week. Probably not this week after the laefest I attended this weekend.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
9ft of angry Tuna weighing 547 pounds;)
That seems a little heavy... I figured all that rock you smoke would have kept your weight down a bit more. ;-)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
5' 10" / 178 cm), 170 pounds / 77 kilograms / 12.1 bloody stone.

I'm struggling to lose about 10 to 15 pounds. I'd like to have it off before the Laefest, but I doubt it.

On a related note:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Rumpy Tunanator said:
9ft of angry Tuna weighing 547 pounds;)

Actually 6'0''
You need to get a hold of the Weekly World News. Your photo could grace the front page at supermarket stands across the world! Every other week they seem to have an article like "world's fattest couple gives birth to Batboy....". And the name 'Rumpy' has headline written all over it.....

Uh oh....Maister has finally tipped his hand on his source where he gets most of his statistical data.....

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
That seems a little heavy... I figured all that rock you smoke would have kept your weight down a bit more. ;-)
I just got done eating a bigger fish with a sense of humor;)

Maister said:
Uh oh....Maister has finally tipped his hand on his source where he gets most of his statistical data.....
Nice, I liked the one where the Giant Crayfish saved the drowning boy.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
I thought about asking for weight, too, but I didn't know how well it would be received. Especially by the women.

I'm at 235 lbs. myself -- down 20 since my wedding in September.

So far, it looks like Biscuit and Suburb Repairman hold the height crown, at 6-3 each.

Did you know that only 2% of all men are 6-3 or taller?

BTW, my 6-0 and 235 translates into 183 cm and 107 kilograms, for everyone else in the world.

boiker

Cyburbian
pete-rock said:
Did you know that only 2% of all men are 6-3 or taller?
2% of American men. I think.

I believe that some European countries are generally taller.

my weight is: 183 lbs. this morning.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
I seem to remember somebody here admitting to be about 6-9 (206 cm), but I don't recall who...

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
5' 9" - girl... and I'm so not putting my weight on here. :-D
ditto about weight, and I'm 5'11". On heels it looks like attack of the giant woman as I stand about 6'3". :-c

My fiance is about 6'8", he's a freakin' giant.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I win. I'm the tallest at 5' 8". Thanks for playing everybody. All of you who think you are taller than 5' 8" are just cheating. :)

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
ditto about weight, and I'm 5'11". On heels it looks like attack of the giant woman as I stand about 6'3". :-c

My fiance is about 6'8", he's a freakin' giant.
I'd love to be the basketball agent for your male child...;)

Jen

Cyburbian
So i predict I'll be in a loose pants and a baggy top at laefest, sheesh all you underfed men out there!!!

I have six pack abs too, you just can't see em under the fat padding! :-D

I'm not the tallest female here by the way, only 5' 7 3/8"

The Irish One

6' 3" and some change.
Wieght is 246 :-$ and dropping.

Martini is a tall guy. I remeber seeing his picture on a mtn bike, he's got to be 6' 5"

Habanero

Cyburbian
The Irish One said:
6' 3" and some change.
Wieght is 246 :-$ and dropping.

Martini is a tall guy. I remeber seeing his picture on a mtn bike, he's got to be 6' 5"
I want to know why tall men date short women. It took me forever to find a man that made me look short and that I could wear heels around and not tower over. Tall me that date someone 5'2" or under make no sense, that's just asking for a back ache!

The Irish One

I want to know why tall men date short women. It took me forever to find a man that made me look short and that I could wear heels around and not tower over. Tall me that date someone 5'2" or under make no sense, that's just asking for a back ache!
All I can say is that it has nothing to do with the fact that many short or, as I like to say petite women like to date taller men. ;-)

martini

Cyburbian
pete-rock said:
I'd love to be the basketball agent for your male child...;)
Hell, Female for that matter too!

irish one said:
yep, good guess. 6'5" and 230 lbs of lovin'! I got the hieght win at least so far.

martini

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
I rather date tall women like you. My dating history has included 5'10", 5'11, 5'9" and one shorty at 5'3". Married a 5'8" woman and find the hieght compatibilty good, but not as good as the 5'11". I'd love it if my wife were just 2" taller. I still love her all the same though.

Budgie

Cyburbian
5' 10" to 5' 11" (depending on the height of my fro), and 220 lbs of formerly solid muscle.

PlannerGirl said:
Im 5' 6" and my honey is 6' 2.5" just the right height diffrence
And why is that? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
Me...average height for a female. But what about ZG????? She is tall for a gnome.

I didn't realize ZG was even that tall.

I am average height for a female too.

mgk920

Cyburbian
I'm about 1.80 m tall and, even though I haven't been on a scale in years, between 70 and 75 kg.

A very average guy. :-\

Mike

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
mgk920 said:
I'm about 1.80 m tall and, even though I haven't been on a scale in years, between 70 and 75 kg.

A very average guy. :-\

Mike

Come on Mike, use the "correct" method of measurement. Your in Wisconsin for God's sake, be a man. 8-! ;-)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
mendelman said:
Come on Mike, use the "correct" method of measurement. Your in Wisconsin for God's sake, be a man. 8-! ;-)
As a friend of mine once said (she was nearly as big around as tall) 'I wish we'd make the jump to metric - my weight actually sounds normal in kilograms' ;-)

As for myself, I'm about 1.9 meters and 84 Kg :-0

Status
Not open for further replies.