• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The hopelessly out of date pop-culture movie reference thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!

Hasta la vista, baby!

If I'm wrong, nothing happens! We go to jail, peacefully, quietly. We'll enjoy it. But if I'm right, and we can stop this thing... Lenny... you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Negative Ghost Rider, the Pattern is Full.

You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
“I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.”
Spaceballs (1987)

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
...While we're discussing it, I do feel that kids should also see other "important" movies from the past so they can relate. What person should grow up in the world not having seen the Karate Kid (the original)? How can they hope to understand the Gen Xers that will be their first bosses if they don't know these movies???
A few years ago, the then-15-yo made the best statement of all times. She said "I think everyone should get movie recommendations from their parents; you guys know about the best movies". Amazing, right?? As a parental figure, I take great pride in this statement.

Also, this past weekend, the 20-yo old came from college for the weekend. Shortly after arrival on Friday night, he tells us that he'd like to watch a classic 80s movie that he hasn't seen yet. We didn't watch Bill & Ted because we're saving it until both kids are with us.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
There wasn't much to do. All the bowling alleys and dounut shops had been wrecked. So's I spent most of my time looking for beer.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Somebody back east is thinking 'Why don't he write?'

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
“I'll send you a love letter. You know what that is? It's a bullet...”