• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The Horror

biscuit

Cyburbian
WHY, OH WHY!!! What have we done to anger you Lord? ;)

I hope this doesn't create a Beam shortage. Well, if it does I'll just have to get into what's left of my Y2K stash. Oh wait, I finished that off to celebrate the fact that there was no Y2K calamity...dammit.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Oh the humanity!!!

Why can't fire destroy bad liquor like Ouzo, Cuervo, and Jamesons??

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
When I see stories like this, I thank the good lord I'm a gin drinker.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
that has to be that saddest thing I have ever seen.

all that good alcohol... I tell you it is the work of the devil.

tsc

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
When I see stories like this, I thank the good lord I'm a gin drinker.
I'm with you.... thank god it wasn't a tanq warehouse....

BKM

Cyburbian
Can gin even burn?

Instead of a wall of flame, I imagine a little "poof" of flame and then a very elegant plume of smoke-and that's it :)

donk

Cyburbian
I wonder if the local rummies started drinking out of the stream up river from the fire fighters dam?

Tom R

Cyburbian
tq

In my younger days I used to light shots of tequila, but I never let it burn long enough to seriously deplete the alcohol content.

SGB

Cyburbian
The good news:

The company said the warehouse held about 19,000 barrels of bourbon, or less than two percent of its bourbon inventory.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Now this has to be one of the saddest days of humanity ;)
All that fine booze wasted in flames... well at least I haven't heard of any drunk guys trying to kick the flame's a$$ because of stealling their precious bourbon...