• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The House Game!

Habanero

Cyburbian
That car game-

Does anyone remember that car game "that's your house!!"

well, this is your house El Guapo!!

el Guapo

Capitalist
I don't know the rules.

Explain them to me so that I may sin again against good taste.

Habanero

Cyburbian
The Rules:

Well, when you're out and about you try to find the funniest/worst/ulgliest etc. thing that could pass for a house and then you yell "That's YOUR HOUSE!!" to the other player and you try to top each other.. It's a really fun game..or I might have just had to many wobbly pops when we started playing-

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: The Rules:

TexasPlanner wrote:
Well, when you're out and about you try to find the funniest/worst/ulgliest etc. thing that could pass for a house and then you yell "That's YOUR HOUSE!!" to the other player and you try to top each other.. It's a really fun game..or I might have just had to many wobbly pops when we started playing-
Sounds like a new thread to me..... I can't wait till monday

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Guess what I found while on code enforcement rounds ...

Hey, giff ... THAT'S YOUR HOUSE! Too bad it's in the public right-of-way ... a call to our towing service should take care of that.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Tranplanner

Got Your House Baby! I love your basement and garage. Is that because of permafrost?

el Guapo

Capitalist
Texas Planner I got your house!

Hook'em Horns! Living in Pasadena you might want to keep the windows taped closed! Yes, that is brick on a 5th wheel travel trailer~! See if you can find the lawn jockey!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Hey ... it's Journeymouse's house! Very British, indeed ...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
C'mon, El Guapo ... you know that there is very little manufactured housing in Canada. Well, except in Newfoundland.

I found a picture of Tranplanner's real office on the City of Toronto Web site. It truly reflects Canada's proud architectural heritage, by using local building materials and incorporating design features of a dominant Canadian vernacular style. The sight of this edfice should make Tranplanner stand up, shed a tear, and proudly tell the world I AM CANADIAN!.*

* However, not on Boxing Day, when it's techncially illegal to stand up except in the presence of the Queen or Geddy Lee.

Jen

Cyburbian
This is dog lover Kelly's house - notice the two entries one for her and one for hubby.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
... and in El Guapo's backyard ...

Do I see a code violation?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Sorry El Guap - Dan got it right. Don't you know that all Canadians live in igloos and drive dogsleds? BTW Dan, it's not that it's technically illegal to stand up on Boxing Day - it's just technically impossible after all the booze consumed with Christmas Dinner...

Now THIS is El Guapo's place:

el Guapo

Capitalist
Tasman Village

See the newest development in Florida. It used to be a kitty cemetery until developer Tasman rolled into town. Now it is paradise.

Majestic, No?

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Houses..

I see El Guapo found a close up of giff's house

Did you see it while passing by in your motor home El Guapo?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Giff's House

El Guapo wrote:
Giff Baby,
I see you finished the guest bedroom!
That's the new bathroom. If you look close you can see the hole in the floor.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Yep, that there is commie steel.

I blew up about 2-300 similar vehicles and bunches of ammo and guns during my brief camping trip back in 91. This one went away about 15 minutes after the photo. Look at the pile of junk in front of it. It shames me because people are paying top dollar for that stuff now days at guns shows. Well, not Sara Brady.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I can see destroying the ammo, etc. and making the vehicles inoperative - but blowing them up? Who picks up all the pieces afterwards?

See Rustbelt's EarthDay thread...

el Guapo

Capitalist
I though about that.

I can see destroying the ammo, etc. and making the vehicles inoperative - but blowing them up? Who picks up all the pieces afterwards?

See Rustbelt's Earth Day thread...
Earth Day - whoops: I have to admit when we were in Kuwait we were very careful about making sure things were tidy after a shot. We felt kindly towards the people. They had been through so much.

However, in Iraq it was every GI's goal to leave the place as screwed up as possible. We saw what they did to Kuwait and I guess we felt a little payback was necessary. We trashed the occupied area on purpose. If it could be used militarily we not only destroyed it - we scattered it about the desert so the clean up would be harder. We left civilan stuff alone.

So yes, I was involved in making quite a very large environmental mess. But I would caution you that I didn't set an entire country on fire like my man Sadam did. On the plus side I destroyed things that were designed to kill people and kept a dictator from using them again. As Martha Stewart would say - That is a good thing. Tons of ammo and about one armored division will never be used on men, women or children because of my and my 12 buddy’s actions. So I don't feel all that bad. Heck I get warm fuzzies every now and then just thinking about it.

And blowing things up is the quick and sure way to stop them from working ever again. It takes about $12 to destroy a $200,000 T72 Tank. It wasn’t like we could just take the keys and they would have to scrap the tanks.

In answer to your question - the loser picks up the pieces.

PS: Yes I wish it could have been done in a more earth friendly manner. Such is war.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Hey, Texasplanner ... this here would be called fine livin' in El Paso.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
bturk ... you've died, and gone to HELL! Here's your next abode, for all eternity!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I must be blind...

Dan Tasman wrote:
bturk ... you've died, and gone to HELL! Here's your next abode, for all eternity!
What is that a photo of? I'm sooooo lost on this first day back to the office....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: I must be blind...

bturk wrote:
What is that a photo of? I'm sooooo lost on this first day back to the office....
Somewhere outside Denver. Highlands Ranch, central/south Aurora, Westminster, Thornton, Broomfield, Arvada ... they're all the same.