• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The Iraqi Information Minister

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Gotta' love Mohammed Saeed Sahhaf.

(in my best Iraqi accent ...)

No, no ... the Americans, they infidels, they lie. They nowhere near Baghdad. They hundreds of kilometers away. We slaughter many thousands of American cowards in deserts and plains. We surrounded their forces with our Special Republican Guard and we are finishing them off. These cowards have no morals. The weaklings, they only kill our women and children! They have no prisoners ... they bought in people from outside to put in camps. The eagle is falling to the mighty sword of Saddam! In the name of God, most compassionate, most merciful, Baghdad will be their tomb! La la la la la la la la la la!

What is he on? Can I have some?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
hahahahahhaa well what do you expect? that they say that the US is already in Baghdad? In a war you can never believe the information given by both sides that are fighting... none of them are the truth... the side that's farther away from reality is obviously the losing side, and well they have experience... they've been lying to the iraqui people for more than 20 years.... with their Ministry of (mis)Information, something expectable in a dictatorship... do you think that most of the german people really knew (until very late in the war) that Jews were being exterminated? or that they lost in Russia? The moral would sink if they told the truth...

Oh well... the things of war huh?

Jeff

Cyburbian
That guy makes me think Saturday Night Live every time I see him...

SGB

Cyburbian
"It is bound to go down as one of the great moments in PR history.

With US tanks rolling into Baghdad and the sound of artillery fire reverberating around the city, Iraq's ever jovial information minister popped up yesterday to declare that the 'infidels' were facing 'slaughter'. "

Read The Guardian story here.

Habanero

Cyburbian
didn't he say that while one of the buildings was burning in the background? Too bad he can't have the "Liar, Liar" spell put on him!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike D. said:
That guy makes me think Saturday Night Live every time I see him...
We were just talking about this at lunch and I was going to starte the thread. Great minds do think alike!

Did you see where he was talking into a bank of, like 50, microphones, and the camera pulled back and only two of them were actually plugged in??!!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
What Americans? We killed them all, the infidels! The cowards!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
They lie! No Americans here!

Runner

Cyburbian
After I left Iraq I came to America. In my new job I sell only the finest cars. These are much better than new, check the odometer, we have nothing to hide, they have been inspected and the inspectors found only good cars. Each one comes with UN stamp of authenticity...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
We have best zoning code in country. What urban sprawl? The infidels do not know of which they speak! Our mighty Astros will defeat the cowards!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Philadelphia Flyers best team ever! Bobby Clarke is Super A-1 Guy! Will lead team to victory over Canadian infidels!

Jeff

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Philadelphia Flyers best team ever! Bobby Clarke is Super A-1 Guy! Will lead team to victory over Canadian infidels!
There are no Maple Leafs here! What are you talking about. Mohammed Ali Sheik Clarke is in full control of the Special Republican Flyers, and we shall crush all invaders. They shall be buried in the FU Center!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Apparently he was a no-show for Wednesday's briefing...

Gee, I hope nothing's happened to him :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
Wow! The closest to the truth he's ever been! ;)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Tranplanner said:
Apparently he was a no-show for Wednesday's briefing...

Gee, I hope nothing's happened to him :)
Where is he? And where is Turd Reek Disease?

Tom R

Cyburbian
rugs

He'll probably get a contract pitching Aflack insurance or Persian rugs on cable. George Orwell would have recognized him.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Irag's top weapons scientist has now turned himself in, and has asserted that Iraq does not have weapons of mass distruction. The Minister of Information's statements have now been corroborated by a second source! That should show all of you disbelievers!

oulevin

Cyburbian
Damn you, guys! With every succeeding post of the Iraqi Hubris Minister, I had to work harder at not laughing out loud in the computer lab!

el Guapo

Capitalist
I emailed your Photoshop creation to about 50 people. Let's see how long it takes to make it back to a Cyburbia member's email. The first member that gets this in an email and reports it here gets a week of free Cyburbia - and a beer*.

* Employees and immediate family members of Cyburbia, Dan Tasman Racing LLC and Vin~DeBona Productions are not eligible. The beer must be drunk at the residence of el Guapo before May 10, 2004.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
El Guapo said:
I emailed your Photoshop creation to about 50 people. Let's see how long it takes to make it back to a Cyburbia member's email. The first member that gets this in an email and reports it here gets a week of free Cyburbia - and a beer*.
Well, the Wal-Mart image isn't my work, but it's a great experiment nonetheless.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
He's alive!

INC: Former Iraqi information minister negotiates surrender deal
27-04-2003

An official at Iraq's leading opposition group, the Iraqi National Congress (INC) has disclosed to Al Bawaba that in the past two days there has been contacts with Mohammad Said al-Sahaf, Saddam Hussein's Information Minister, regarding his surrender. According to Nabil al Musawi, the deal will be completed soon.
Musawi said that although al-Sahaf's name is not included on the list of most wanted Iraqis by US forces, "he is wanted by the Iraqis".
29 April - ABC News Australia reports that Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf (M.S.S.) has been at his aunt's house in Baghdad for the past four days, and has asked US troops to arrest him so he can be "protected". Adel Murad, of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, says US troops have refused because he is not on their "most wanted" deck of playing cards... al-Arabiya satellite channel has offered M.S.S. a new job as a commentator and analyst. "We want to benefit from the experience of Mr Sahaf and his analysis of the current situation and the future of Iraq," said the station, without giving details of the job package... wow, we have nothing funny to add to that, speaks for itself.