• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Fantasy football 🏈 The "It's a real bummer" Poll - Can we go to 16 teams?

What do we do?

• Go to 16 (I believe Yahoo allows it) and let MDPlanner in, too.

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Stay at 14, tell Duke he showed up too late.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Request that a new person drop out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - And you better have a good idea!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Duke has (finally) shown up, and, by tradition, should be allowed a team. Sadly, we're at 14... usually a "max" situation. I can't boot anyone, it ain't in me. So, I left a poll of choices, let's see what y'all think.

Please: Do NOT vote if you do NOT have a team!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Planderella said:
Encourage everyone to vote in the thread as well.

I don't mind going up to 16 teams.
Yes... make a note in the thread so some rapscallion doesn't skew the results. Oh, and Duke... you might want to find MDPlanner and let him know a spot might open up.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Yes... make a note in the thread so some rapscallion doesn't skew the results. Oh, and Duke... you might want to find MDPlanner and let him know a spot might open up.

Hey Now, somebody could have PM'd me. Its not like we didn't have a list from last year, and I'm only a week late in noticing. 8-!

I voted for 16 teams, waters down the sharks too! :)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
16 if we can, otherwise, we stay with the 14 we have, unless Duke can persuade someone to give up a spot.

donk

Cyburbian
Go 16, but if we do, definitely use players for D, rather than teams.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Since it is just for fun, I voted for the 16. It is very difficult with 16, but it will be a great challenge for all of us wannabe GMs!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Repo Man said:
Since it is just for fun, I voted for the 16. It is very difficult with 16, but it will be a great challenge for all of us wannabe GMs!
Well, we'll "pare down" the numbers of players that must start. We know there are 16 QB and TE's. More WR's than RB's...

So, if we do 16 (Again, assuming Yahoo allows 16!), I may make it so it's required to play:

1 QB
1 TE
1 RB
2 WR
1 K
3 D

Then, you have either 1or 2 RB/WR slots

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I'll deal with 16, we have no choice at this point. I'm sure the commish will come through and make it work.

plankton

Cyburbian
here's a thought......

I say the more the merry. I'm fine with 16 players but.......

Anybody interested in doing two leagues? I have "commished" other leagues in the past and would be glad to take on League Number 2.

The players could be randomly (or selectively) placed into the two leagues (if there's somebody you must play with (against!) I'm sure that could be arranged).

Mastiff & I are in the same state - the rest of you could be arranged geographically, or by AFC/NFC cities, or some other way.....

We could figure out a way to have the two league winners play in a "real" Super Bowl on Week 17 (we're smart enough to figure out the scoring ourselves, right??). I know this would throw a kink in the keeper league concept, but it's just an idea.....(again, I have enjoyed getting to know Dragon a bit through his/her posts, and I hate thinking that somebody won't be able to play with us)

I have wondered if Yahoo! (or another ff site) would support 14 (or more) teams - I'm not sure about that....

It's just a thought - heck, let's not be exclusionary planners ;-)

I'm not going to start a thread on this idea just yet; I don't know if it's a hair-brained idea or not. (I'll check back tomorrow.) Mastiff, if you think it's a decent idea, feel free to get the ball rolling with a new thread, if you'd like.......

Dragon

Cyburbian
plankton said:
I have enjoyed getting to know Dragon a bit through his/her posts
I'm a HE, but thanks for looking out for me :b:

I should apologize myself. When I said that I wanted to play, I knew very little about what was going on. I did not realize that there were a limited number of teams, nor did I know that I might be putting someone out. As a matter of fact, this is my first time at playing Fantasy Football. However, I am an avid fan of football, and think that I would do rather well

That said, I hope we can work this out so that everyone can play. If not, I’ll hand my spot over to its rightful owner.

One more thing, I don’t want this to be thought of as a pity post. I just wanted to clear a few things up. Now, lets end the workday so we can get a beer. :b:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Dragon said:
I'm a HE, but thanks for looking out for me :b:

I should apologize myself. When I said that I wanted to play, I knew very little about what was going on. I did not realize that there were a limited number of teams, nor did I know that I might be putting someone out. As a matter of fact, this is my first time at playing Fantasy Football. However, I am an avid fan of football, and think that I would do rather well

That said, I hope we can work this out so that everyone can play. If not, I’ll hand my spot over to its rightful owner.

One more thing, I don’t want this to be thought of as a pity post. I just wanted to clear a few things up. Now, lets end the workday so we can get a beer. :b:
We'll find a way...

Dragon

Cyburbian
plankton said:
Ha! We'll see about that delta boy. ;-)
Delta boy!!!! Thems fighin’ words!! I’m from the coast, and only live 70 miles inland now!!! I’ll see you on the “field” pal…..we will settle this with good smash mouth football!! :p

Mastiff said:
Hey now... Don't put Mississippi down. Without them, who would Arkansas make fun of?
They have well surpassed us in the inbred category ;-) ... But I’ll see you on the “field” too buddy!! I’ll make my presence known in this league (hopefully in first and not last)!!! :p

I can’t wait for the games to begin!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Dragon said:
They have well surpassed us in the inbred category ;-) ... But I’ll see you on the “field” too buddy!! I’ll make my presence known in this league (hopefully in first and not last)!!! :p

I can’t wait for the games to begin!!
You're going to get spanked more than a red haired step-child...

Kobayashi

Cyburbian
i'm interested in joining but i'm afraid i'm too late.

IF there is a second league let me know, i really want in.,

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Are we at 16 teams or still at 15? (Something tells me our friend from mobil e won't be having a team this year ;-))

Okay, we are at 16 teams, so where do we go from here? And when?

Last edited:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Gedunker said:
Are we at 16 teams or still at 15? (Something tells me our friend from mobil e won't be having a team this year ;-))

Okay, we are at 16 teams, so where do we go from here? And when?
Rookie Draft
Draft here on Cyburbia
Individual D players
16 team league

Yahoo JUST came up today, and I need to find time to set up the league. Anytime we want to start... we can do the "rookie draft". I have to set the draft order, probably just like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.