• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Laefest Site Site

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Chicago!!!

After a conference with JNL, Tuesday Night is her recommended night. I took most that week off, so will this work with everyone in the Grater Chicago Land area? What places would be fun?

jordanb

Cyburbian
That sounds good.

Since it looks like people are going to be in town for awhile, would anybody want to take some field trips around town to see planning-related attractions?

biscuit

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
I am with Rumpy...what happened to the weekend plan?

I think it has to do with JNL's flight schedule. It seems that she'll be in Chicago during the week, and in Toronto for an alefest on Saturday the 19th. That does mean less drive time for Rumpy. :b:

Habanero

Cyburbian
I hate to miss all the fun. I always miss all the Cyburbanite GTGs. I can only promise to be in San Antonio in 2008, and then, I will buy a beer for every Cyburbanite there, and yes, that's a promise.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Habanero said:
I hate to miss all the fun. I always miss all the Cyburbanite GTGs. I can only promise to be in San Antonio in 2008, and then, I will buy a beer for every Cyburbanite there, and yes, that's a promise.

And I never forget a promise of free beer. ;-)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Habanero said:

Free Beer = ROAD TRIP!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
off topic - sorry - well actually not really

Michaelskis, I just noticed you changed you sig. line to

"If I hear “I PAY MY TAXES! IT IS MY RIGHT TO DO WHAT EVER I WANT WITH MY PROPERTY AND PARK ANYTHING I WANT IN MY BACK YARD” one more time I am going to scream!"

That is exactly why I got outta the public sector, wait until the grass starts growing and people don't cut it, that is all to common

Back on topic

No can do Tuesday in Chi-town. Sorry JNL, maybe we'll catch up when you staying with Michaelskis.

JNL

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Tuesday? What happened to the weekend?

Yeah sorry about that, but Tuesday works better with the way my flights are routed. Wednesday is another option if that suits better.... who is the Chicago laefest coordinator?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I think I could probably swing Tuesday. Chicago is a mere 2 hour ride from Milwaukee.

JNL

Cyburbian
Let's stick with Tuesday to avoid confusion.

PlannerByDay said:
No can do Tuesday in Chi-town. Sorry JNL, maybe we'll catch up when you staying with Michaelskis.

Yep I should be around for a few days :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
So let me see if I have this right...

You get into Chicago (tired) on Saturday the 12th.
The Chicago Laefest is on Tuesday the 15th.
The Toronto Laefest is on Saturday the 19th.
You depart for Europe on Sunday the 20th.

Perhaps some of the Cyburbians who can't make a Laefest would want to join in a field trip? I suggested the Hancock and the architectural tour in another thread. What about a boat tour? Michaelskis - the ferry service from Milwaukee to Muskegan begins in June, if you are looking for an alternate route.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Cardinal said:
Michaelskis - the ferry service from Milwaukee to Muskegan begins in June, if you are looking for an alternate route.

...and its supposed to only take 2 hours plus or minus!

I might have to pass on the laefest, since I'll be in Cleveland on a min-vacation the 10th-14th of June.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Chet said:
...and its supposed to only take 2 hours plus or minus!

I might have to pass on the laefest, since I'll be in Cleveland on a min-vacation the 10th-14th of June.

I hear that it would be cheeper to fly from K-zoo to Chicago

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Tuesday in Chicago? Strage day for a Laefest. I'll be working then, but I can make Toronto the following weekend. That also means I can catch Chet in Cleveland the weekend before.

I'd probably drive up to Buffalo with the dogs on Friday night, leave 'em at Mom and Dad's house, and cross the border on Saturday morning. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from Amher$t to the Eaton Centre parking ramp.

So many possibilities in Toronto. I'd recommend someplace uniquely Canadian, like Wayne Gretsky's, and then head off to someplace else afterwards.

JNL

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
So let me see if I have this right...

You get into Chicago (tired) on Saturday the 12th.
The Chicago Laefest is on Tuesday the 15th.
The Toronto Laefest is on Saturday the 19th.
You depart for Europe on Sunday the 20th.

That's right. Only 8 weeks to go!

A field trip sounds like a great idea. And boat trips are all good. But lets not schedule it for Wednesday morning ;)

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
JNL said:
That's right. Only 8 weeks to go!

A field trip sounds like a great idea. And boat trips are all good. But lets not schedule it for Wednesday morning ;)

Tuesday is a GREAT night to go out in Chicago :) . Count me in for that night. Just have to let me know where its at.

WOOHOOOOO!