• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The Man keeps messing with our employment benefits

Jeff

Cyburbian
What is this world coming to when 2 consenting adults can't have a prison love affair?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I love the quote: "Prison rape is the source of many jokes and has been for a really long time"

Uh, I don't think that this bill will quell the prison rape jokes. I know I won't stop joking about dropping the soap or tossing salads.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I'm naive. What does that mean?
You're better off not knowing...you could always watch Oz reruns on HBO though to get you up with the latest prison gang rape lingo.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
When stumped by strange lingo, always consult your urban dictionary.

Holy crap mod edit: Dont view from work! -Chet

Sorry - I should have added that it may not be appropriate for work. No bad pictures, just a lot of naughty words.

Last edited:

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Liked the "holy crap mod edit" Chet :)

Chad went to school for Fire and also had a bunch of Corrections classes. I asked him last week about tossing salads (naive me - never had heard it). He knew what it meant - he has a textbook from college that had all that stuff in the glossary.

Tossing salad jokes were prominently featured in Chris Rock's "Bring the Pain." His source was some HBO America Undercover special that focused on life in Riker's Island prison. One of the prisoners that was interviewed talked about having his salad tossed.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Alright then... Yea this is quite the Thread.

the Chris Rock HBO special was great. (and it explains so much)

Jeff

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
Alright then... Yea this is quite the Thread.

)
Please don't ever begin a reply to a discussion about salad tossing with that statement, please.