• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The Meatrix

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
After seeing that movie, my stomach is turning. I can only say a bacon cheeseburger sounds good, right about now.;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Looks and sounds like the agricultural version of
(do I dare say) Wal-Mart.

The Irish One

moopheus, I love it. My eggs are free range and clean. I like to know that the animals I eat were treated well and kept with healthy standards. This just gets me going on the decline of American agriculture in general so, support your local farmer and get the good meat and dairy no hormones or any of that mucky crap.

JNL

Cyburbian
Pretty slick. I loved the Agri-Corp machines. Neat way to get the message across.

BKM

Cyburbian
I attended (as an observer) a recent public hearing at the County Planning Commission about our latest local issue: "mega-dairies" (expanding to/relocating from Southern California)I still like what one wizzened resident of the county stood up and said: "This isn't agriculture, its a factory."

I don't buy a lot of meat at the grocery store-I tend to eat out way too often. Through resturant meals, I'm probably guilty of supporting the agricultural industrial complex. I try to buy my produce and stuff like that (cheese, for example) from local family farms.

Milk-I try to buy Strauss Family organic-I simply think the "organic" milk tastes much richer-and I'm not the only one-friends and coworkers agree that it is a better product-if you can afford the $1.00 markup.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
This is great a must watch and you need sound. It is were planning, land use management and vegetarianism all come together.

tsc

Cyburbian
I need to mooove to Vermont.

I am actually on the left on this issue....and support organic/non-growth hormone farmers.

biscuit

Cyburbian
BKM said:
Milk-I try to buy Strauss Family organic-I simply think the "organic" milk tastes much richer-and I'm not the only one-friends and coworkers agree that it is a better product-if you can afford the $1.00 markup.
I have found the $1.00 markup to be well worth it since the organic milk (in cartons, not jugs) seems to stay fresh in the fridge way beyond the sell-by date. Unlike regular milk which spoils only a couple of days after.

I don't eat alot of meat other than fish, but when I do I try to buy the organic variety. I need to find a way to bring some back from SC where my parents have a huge freezer full of home grown organic, free range beef. Very good stuff.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
LOL, Dude thats sick, did you look at the link?
Only for a second with the sound off. I'm missing out on the joke. Maybe if I stay late after people leave I'll listen.