• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The most useful word in the english language.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Mod., if this is to inappropriate, I am sorry and please delete the thread. Since the Friday Afternoon Club covers just about anything, I found this very funny. This should only be viewed from a safe computer and if your volume is low. It describes how the f*** can be used for a noun, adjective, adverb, etc. and is the most useful word in teh english language.

http://students.washington.edu/wfrenchu/Flash/Proper_Use_Of_English.swf

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
And I always thought please was the most useful word in the English language. Hmph. What do I know?!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Alan said:
And I always thought please was the most useful word in the English language. Hmph. What do I know?!

Alan that is sooo 20th century.

Bangorian

Set.

Look it up sometime and see how many different ways it can be used.

I'm also pretty partial to 'eh', but that may be due to my lifelong proximity to Canada.

Tom R

Cyburbian
planning

In my planning experience I've found the word "NO" the most useful. I want a poster with "NO" in 100 languages. Of course there's always "F*** NO."

JNL

Cyburbian
To quote Limp Bizkit:

"Ain't it a shame that you can't say f***
'Cos f***'s just a word
And it's all f***ed up"