• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

The Muppets

Habanero

Cyburbian
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy muppets toys.. like Gonzo or Miss Piggy?

Tom R

Cyburbian
favorite muppet

Tie: Either the drummer or the bass player.

prudence

Cyburbian
Beaker or the Swedish Chef...so funny with the guerilla lobsters taking over the kitchen.

statler

Cyburbian
Believe it or not:
The Swedish Chef.

It just wasn't as cool of a nickname. Statler and Waldorf are up there though.

donk

Cyburbian
So many characters to have a favourite.

it would have to be between lew zealand (the fish juggler) and the chickens. My favourite episode is probably the one starring spike milligan. I remember the union jack boxers.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Definitely Gonzo!

Miss Piggy used to scare the crap outta me when I was younger.. she was so mean and violent. I had the bottom bunk and my older sister told me Miss Piggy was going to come and get me since I slept with a Gonzo doll at night-

Painful memory there, folks-

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Yup something scary about Piggy

I could relate to Gonzo he seemed kinda like the oddball *but then they all were* and i was a painfuly shy picked on kid so i loved Gonzo

D

plannerkat

Cyburbian
Swedish chef and "Pigs in Space". Favorite episode was the one with Blondie. Loved the music guests!

nerudite

Cyburbian
My favorite muppet of all time is "Crazy Harry". He doesn't show up often, but he usually makes a big impression when he does (usually involves things exploding).

My other fave is Lew Zealand (the boomerang fish thrower)...

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
Miss Piggy used to scare the crap outta me when I was younger.. she was so mean and violent.
The muppets that used to scare the crap out of me were the everyday things that then came alive... like the feather dusters, or the fruits, or tins of marmalade. But then, the clown in Poltergeist and the Snuggles fabric softener bear both freak me out (still)... so uh... maybe it's just me.

nerudite said:

But then, the clown in Poltergeist and the Snuggles fabric softener bear both freak me out (still)... so uh... maybe it's just me.
OH MY GOD!!!! That clown in Poltergeist just scared the living sh** out of me when I was a kid. I've hated clowns ever since. It was only reinforced after IT, book and movie.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
I've hated clowns ever since.
I've always been scared of clowns, although I've grown up enough not to run away screaming anymore. It has more to do with the conflicting facial signals than the poltergeist though. After all, how many clowns actually look happy underneath the makeup?

Tom R

Cyburbian
clowns

Journeymouse said:

I've always been scared of clowns, although I've grown up enough not to run away screaming anymore. It has more to do with the conflicting facial signals than the poltergeist though. After all, how many clowns actually look happy underneath the makeup?
You may have picked the wrong profession.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Re: clowns

Tom R said:
You may have picked the wrong profession.
*blinks* Urm. I'm kinda slow today (can I blame it on my insomnia? :freak). I think you're gonna have to walk me through this one...

Tom R

Cyburbian
clowns

Maybe I'm overly cynical, but between local polititions, developers and some planning "professionals" I seem to have come across a lot of "clowns".

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Clowns

Ah! *little light bulbs flickers on* Now I understand. I quite agree. There are a lot of clowns here, too. Only they don't wear makeup. At least not in that way.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Do Sesame Street characters count as muppets?

In no particular order:

Animal
Beaker
Cookie Monster
The Count

Habanero

Cyburbian
Ahhhh! The Count!

That's the other one that freaks me out! The way he counts and then that evil "Muhahaha" and the lightening! He was CRAZY!

If Sesame Street characters count I liked the little people that lived in Bert & Ernie's flowers. Nice, passive, little creatures.