• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The Never-Ending Planning & Zoning Weird Pix Page

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Post your best freaky images related to planning and zoning here. I'll go with this one for now:

pandersen

Cyburbian
What the hell is that thing - looks like a stack for a coke oven at Stelco or maybe a blowoff for sour gas.

SGB

Cyburbian
Presumably the fire department arrived at some point shortly after this photo was taken.

So much for the claim by the applicants at board meetings that antennae towers make no demand on municipal services.....

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Probably an overheatting or short circuit...
Or the ELF threw a molotov cocktail at it...

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
No no no!

You are supposed to POST any weird pics you come across. I found that one on the web while seraching for a cell phone tower image that I want to put into a PowerPoint. Yes, it's on fire. Yes, it's real. No Photoshopping.

Please post a pic.

Here's one that I just doctored up for my presentation. I just love Gary Larson's Far Side.

Tom R

Cyburbian
??

Queen B said:
Come on Alan there has to be a story.
How the heck did that thing catch fire?
Okay, OT, What was there to burn so much? A big bird nest?