• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
My mom used to hate that Play-Doh barbershop becuase the little strands of clay hair would mush into the carpet.

Side note:
NH Planner...I was setting you up with the Misfit line :) Don't you have the We R 138 license plate?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I used to love using Silly Putty to copy the sunday cartoons with....although after several "copies" it turned to this disgusting brown color.

Planderella

Cyburbian
To this day, I still cannot understand what was the point of copying those Sunday comics onto the Silly Putty.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I like the old comics, like Groucho Marx or Jack Benny, much better than most of the more recent ones.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
jtfortin said:
My mom used to hate that Play-Doh barbershop becuase the little strands of clay hair would mush into the carpet.

Side note:
NH Planner...I was setting you up with the Misfit line :) Don't you have the We R 138 license plate?

I do have the WER138 license plate....and in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I set up one of my friends on a date once....

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I hate the smell that wafts from some of my friends after an evening of beer and late night burritos.

NHPlanner

Staff member
jtfortin said:
I hate the smell that wafts from some of my friends after a night of beer and late night burritos.

I have a feeling that I'll need a couple of beers after tonights Planning Board meeting.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jtfortin said:

My office secret santa (it was Prudence) got me the Play-Doh buzz cut Barber shop. Wonder where that Idea came from....

NHPlanner

Staff member
NHPlanner said:

I have a feeling that I'll need a couple of beers after tonights Planning Board meeting.

I'll be sure to toast Dan's birthday over one of my beers this evening.....have a great night Dan....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
I'll get toasted... I mean, I'll do a toast for Dan's bday too.

Try this on someone....

Have them say "roast" three times fast.
Ask them what they put in a toaster.
I bet they say "toast" instead of "bread".

OfficialPlanner

Cyburbian
LOL, I never, ever thought I would see a thread like this by professional planners.

I guess planners are real people after all!

I have still yet to see these types of threads on a developer's message board :) LOL

nerudite

Cyburbian
Speaking of toast...

One time I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show during passover. At the part where they toast and you are supposed to throw bread, we ended up throwing matzo because that's all my friend had in the house. That matzo can really fly (and apparently it hurts when you beam someone in the back of the head with it).

nerudite

Cyburbian
There was some movie out recently where a kid throws a loaf of bread into the water and killed a duck.

nerudite

Cyburbian
LOL!

I forgot about that stupid duck! The only time I see it is when I watch the Spokane station.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
LOL!

I forgot about that stupid duck! The only time I see it is when I watch the Spokane station.

I thought it was a Goose.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
You of all people bturk, should know what a goose is...

LOL. Only too well. I'm usually to Goosee and not the Gooser, however.

SGB

Cyburbian
Dark & Stormy

Pour over ice:
1.5 oz Gosling's Bermuda Black Rum
Ginger Beer (I recommend Stewart's)
Add a wedge of lime

kms

Cyburbian
I love Stewart's Ginger Beer. I have to drink it with a straw because the ginger is hot.

Snoopy wrote a novel that began: "It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out."

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
kms said:
I love Stewart's Ginger Beer. I have to drink it with a straw because the ginger is hot.

Snoopy wrote a novel that began: "It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out."

Vodka, lime juice and Ginger Beer = a Moscow Mule

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Mmmmmm...... beer. I am drinking a Pabst and it tastes goooood. I haven't had one in years and I bought a 12 pack last night.

It is 10:40 and I am on Cyburbia...I should be watching Seinfeld reruns.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Alcohol is poison!

It is responsible for the downfall of our society...don't do it!

donk

Cyburbian
The "news" claims that recent studies indicate that we should all be drinking more alcohol.

I bet it is a scam by the man to hold us down.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
im happy to get my glass of wine with dinner. reminds me there is "resturant week" in DC this week. get a 100 buck a person meal for 30 or so bucksa head-yummy! got to try out a nice place up near K street last night....

yum

Tranplanner said:

Love is the drug I'm thinking of...
I'm thinking i'm going to have to post even more often because tran is catching up to me!

edit:
whew. never mind. i have 100 more posts than i'd thought. crap, i waste alot of time here.

Jeff

Cyburbian
So lazy gov't workers can Thanksgiving and the day after off....

It's a conspiracy.

NHPlanner said:

so fa la ti do

ah, one of my favorite drinking songs!

do - the stuff, that buys the beer
ray - the guy that brings me beer
me - the guy that drinks the beer
fa - a long long way to beer
so - i'll have another beer
la - la la la la la beer
ti - no thanks, i'll have a beer
and that brings us back to:
(homer like) doh!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I'm thinking of taking a trip out to LA soon. It's a lot warmer than the single digits to teens we are having here, and we don't even have any snow!

Jeff

Cyburbian
KMateja said:

ah, one of my favorite drinking songs!

do - the stuff, that buys the beer
ray - the guy that brings me beer
me - the guy that drinks the beer
fa - a long long way to beer
so - i'll have another beer
la - la la la la la beer
ti - no thanks, i'll have a beer
and that brings us back to:
(homer like) doh!

....aaahhh the good old rugby songs....quite humorous at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.