• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The people who should really be fired are the customer service representatives at Ameritech. I have been waiting for eight months for a rebate on installation of my DSL. Now they won't even respond to e-mails. Of course they want me to call, so that they can transfer me from one to another, none of them help me, let me get frustrated and hang up. If you are in their territory, DO NOT USE SBC / AMERITECH!!!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
SBC/Ameritech is the worst company to deal with on the face of the earth. It is virtually impossible to get them to fix any billing errors. Plus, I get a call just about every other month with them trying to sell me DSL internet.

Them: Did you know that you could have high-speed internet access through your phone line?
Me: Yes, but I have a cable modem and I am not interested.
Them: Did you know that DSL is faster than your cable modem
Me: No its not.
Them: You can have your internet and phone on one bill
Me: I have my cable and internet on one bill
Them: Well you can try it for a month or two and see if you like it.
Me: No thanks, please do not call me about DSL anymore

Of course I get the same call a month or two later.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
tell them to put you on their "do not call list" then if they call you they can be fined something like 15,000 PER time they call

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
giff57 said:

You must stare straight ahead at all costs. You don't want to be labled as a "meat gazer"

You know what's worse (and this just happened to me). You're taking a shat in the restroom, and a coworker comes in, recognizes your shoes, and starts a conversation over the dividers. It's like, "Hey, do you mind, I need to concentrate on pinching this loaf"

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
nerudite said:
And they probably called you during dinner or during your favorite tv show...

Hey now, c'mon Nerudite - you lived in Canada for how long now? You should know it's spelt "favourite"! ;)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
bturk said:

You know what's worse (and this just happened to me). You're taking a shat in the restroom, and a coworker comes in, recognizes your shoes, and starts a conversation over the dividers. It's like, "Hey, do you mind, I need to concentrate on pinching this loaf"

Are there any of you that work with "out-of-the-closet-poopers?" You know, the type that announces that they are going to the bathroom as they stroll down the hall with the newspaper inder their arm?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

Hey now, c'mon Nerudite - you lived in Canada for how long now? You should know it's spelt "favourite"! ;)

Yeah... I catch myself typing it out "favourite" sometimes, but then change it. Once you get into the habit of writing out neighbourhood, colour, etc. every day for your job... it kind of carries over into other things. Although, luckily, in Alberta they aren't hardcore about replacing the z with an s. Sorry... but I'm never going to spell things like minimise, realise, etc...

And I'll never say "Leftenant" instead of "Lootenant"...

But otherwise, I've been assimilating okay...

Habanero

Cyburbian
bturk said:

I think it's written in the Women's Bathroom Etiquitte Book that you don't exist after you've shut the door. I hate it also when people stand around in the bathroom- it's called privacy and some of us prefer it.

jmf

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:

I think it's written in the Women's Bathroom Etiquitte Book that you don't exist after you've shut the door. I hate it also when people stand around in the bathroom- it's called privacy and some of us prefer it.

I have never understood why women have to go to the bathroom in pairs.

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:

I think I need copies of the handbook to pass around up here. It seems like anything is fair game in the washrooms up here. Oh yeah, and we have the showers in there... so sometimes I get to see naked coworkers walking around where the sinks are. I'm sorry, but I don't want to see my co-workers naked (at least not the same sex ones ;) )

Jeff

Cyburbian
jtfortin said:
I was in a men's restroom at Soldier Field in Chicago and those idot Bears fans were actually lining up to pee in the sinks. How civilized.

That practice is held in high regard in Philly....

Hint: Don't ever touch the sinks in Veteran's Stadium.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:

... so sometimes I get to see naked coworkers walking around where the sinks are. I'm sorry, but I don't want to see my co-workers naked (at least not the same sex ones ;) )

And do they have hoses to clean up the vomit? I can't imagine seeing my coworkers. Yuk.

nerudite

Cyburbian
bturk said:

And do they have hoses to clean up the vomit? I can't imagine seeing my coworkers. Yuk.

Yeah, it's not a pretty sight sometimes. It's amazing how good people can look with clothes on in comparison to how they look naked. It's not too bad if you know you are going to see someone (like if you hear the water running when you walk in, you can expect to have someone naked in the vicinity)... but if you just walk in and are staring into a full frontal of a 50 year old accountant... it's a little freaky.

On a side note, I've seen more naked people up here in the last year than I have at any other time in my life. Canadians have no problems getting naked in public places. It definitely makes life interesting to have it 20 below 0 (celcius mind you) and see three drunk guys streaking across an intersection.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Did you see where health clubs in Asia are banning the use of cell phones in gym locker rooms? They have some phones with built-in web cams or something like that.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Oh yeah... I've seen those phones. A guy I know has something like that. I never even thought of that use... LOL ... I'll have to tell him before Canada catches on to this scam. ;)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
bturk said:
You're taking a shat in the restroom, and a coworker comes in, recognizes your shoes, and starts a conversation over the dividers. It's like, "Hey, do you mind, I need to concentrate on pinching this loaf"

Me ... I gotta' have total, complete, utter privacy when I'm occupying a stall. I don't mind folks coming in and using the urinal, but if someone else stops in, opens up an empty stall, and sits down ... I just don't wanna' hear what I call someone else's "cacaphony."

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
KMateja said:
we have a lady from the bldg. dept that takes naps in our ladies room shower. talk about creepy.

Our building department is woefully understaffed (trying to pry this thread back from bowel movements, urine and naked co-workers...)

nerudite

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
we have a lady from the bldg. dept that takes naps in our ladies room shower. talk about creepy.

Now *that* is different. I used to take naps on the sofa in the break room when I was in Davis... but I've never heard of anyone sleeping in a shower. You should take a picture of her sometime and post it... that would be a laugh.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Did someone say urine???

Didn't I pee on somebody in someone's dream?

Cardinal

Cyburbian

Mike D, I see you are within twn posts yourself. Let's make it a Cyburbia first - two 1,000 posters in the same day!

Jeff

Cyburbian
I shall purposely stop at 999 to avoid sharing this special day with anyone else....*crying*

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
I shall purposely stop at 999 to avoid sharing this special day with anyone else....*crying*

Me too.

Damn, that makes it 1,000.

Well, Mike you can always share Friday with Nerudite.

SGB

Cyburbian
I haven't seen any recent state land use case law in ages.

I'm feeling out of touch with the courts!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Mike that was the dream where you were peeing behind a bar-everyone assumed it was with me

sigh why do I get blamed for everything

...red headed stepchild i tell you

NHPlanner

Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
...red headed stepchild i tell you

I used to have very bright red hair when I was little....now my head is almost brown, but my goatee and well...other hair is still red. ::oops:

Jeff

Cyburbian
.....ahhhh now I remember....peeing behind the bar....turned into crazy college stories....and then that mysteriously disappeared....

nerudite

Cyburbian
My bf grew a full beard this winter... he looks sexy, but the mustache itches my nose.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Tranplanner said:
I tried to grow a goatee at Christmas, but my wife hated it.

Oh, and NH - TMI....way TMI!

I've been told many times that I tend to share too much information.

I've had a goatee since 1990. Only shaved it off once, after a trimming mishap.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I tried to grow a goatee at Christmas, but my wife hated it.
I like goatee's but because of his job, the only facial hair Chad can have is a mustache - BLECH (no offense to those that have them, they are just not my thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.