• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerudite

Cyburbian
It seems like TMI is normal around here... I think I know more about bturk (and now NHPlanner ;) ) than I know about most of my male friends.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I think moustaches are strange. Either you want facial hair or not. None of this in-between moustache nonsense.

Its like a mullet. Choose either long hair or short hair! make up your mind. None of this "business in the front, party in the back!"

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
nerudite said:
It seems like TMI is normal around here... I think I know more about bturk (and now NHPlanner ;) ) than I know about most of my male friends.

I'm not too shy....I tend just to share things with pretty much anyone...never really got me into trouble....yet.
After my trimming mishap in college, I tried a fu manchu but it looked really stupid, so I shaved the whole thing and waited the 2 days for it to grow back.

Should I be posting this in the shaving thread? ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
how do we manage to hijack the hell out of threads? we are the best *worst* mods about that

hehe and im just as guilty

NHPlanner

Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
how do we manage to hijack the hell out of threads? we are the best *worst* mods about that

hehe and im just as guilty

getting back to the spirit of this thread....

I had a phone conversation with the investigator on one of the court cases I was "fortunate" enough to be a juror on, asking questions about the guilty verdict we came up with. I tried to forget that case....I really didn't like reliving a statutory rape case in my head.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
There is an interesting story about a spirit that used to haunt the house next door to my office.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Michael Stumpf said:
There is an interesting story about a spirit that used to haunt the house next door to my office.

I have lived in two haunted houses

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
999 is the UK equivalent of 911.

Figures, in a country with numbers like "milliard" and "vicker's dozen" and "stone."

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Dan said:

Figures, in a country with numbers like "milliard" and "vicker's dozen" and "stone."

How heavy is a "stone" anyway?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
My favorite Bloodhound Gang (from 3-2-1 Contact!) episode was when they thought a house was haunted, but it was really a cardboard cutout with a sheet on it that traveled around a model train track.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I thought the movie, Contact, sucked goats..

But Signs- holy crap- that scared the hell out of me!

*nukclickclicknuknuknukclick*

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
I thought the movie, Contact, sucked goats..

But Signs- holy crap- that scared the hell out of me!

*nukclickclicknuknuknukclick*

Hehehe... she's talking about sucking goats. And you grew up on a Texas ranch!

nerudite

Cyburbian
jtfortin said:
...hey doesn't GW live on a Texas ranch? I wonder if he has goats.

I know I won't be the one to start the GW sucks thread. But then, I'm a chicken...

SGB

Cyburbian
[blatant redirection tactic]

I always hate sucking thread, but how the !@#$ do you get it through the eye of the needle for sewing otherwise?

:)

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
ever try finding a needle in a haystack?

(blatant redirection to ranch topic ;) )

I would guess that it's probably like trying to find anything on my desk right now. I hate a messy desk... and right now, mine is the worst!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Speaking of messes, I am going to revisit the outhouse thread to post some ice cave pictures.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I have to stop at a site on my way into work tomorrow and take some pictures. I hope there is enough light.

SGB

Cyburbian
The dysphotic zone of the ocean is from about 50 meters to about 1,000 meters depth. In this zone, there is enough light for organisms to see, but it is too weak for photosynthesis to happen.

buffy

above the twilight zone is the sunlight zone or euphotic zone. The last zone is the midnight zone....

SGB

Cyburbian
Auroville was founded on 28 February 1968 in South India.

The international township is to be a site of material and spiritual researches for a living embodiment of an actual human unity.

Surrounding the Matrimandir, the soul of Auroville, are the four zones of the township: cultural, industrial, residential and international. In the last zone, all the nations of the world are invited to build a pavilion representing their specific culture and genius.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Michael Stumpf said:
No birth control pills = pregnancy = me running away as fast as I can.

Pregnancy is the news I'm hoping for in the next few days. :)

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Pregnancy is the news I'm hoping for in the next few days.
Yeah!! Keep us posted - I'm sure we all want dibs on the "name NHPlanners baby" contest :)

Along those same lines.... Birth control is flippin' expensive, so I stopped taking it, plus we thought we'd start trying in a couple months.

However...

Pregnancy might be the news that I get this weekend, a lot earlier than expected.

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Yeah!! Keep us posted - I'm sure we all want dibs on the "name NHPlanners baby" contest :)

The only chance you'd have is if we were to have another girl....we already have a boy's name picked out. (Elijah)

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
The only chance you'd have is if we were to have another girl....we already have a boy's name picked out. (Elijah)
Ooh! I like that name!! Do you have a middle name picked out? Any possible girl names?

Tim - Congrats! I was wondering what was going on with that. How's erica feeling? still the mysterious vomiting?

And Christine! yay! see, you don't need any reproductive endocrinology advice after all!

we won't find out for two more weeks if this cycle was successful. tom petty had it right... the wai - ai- ting is the hardest part!

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:

Ooh! I like that name!! Do you have a middle name picked out? Any possible girl names?

I'm blanking on the middle name for some reason....I think we were looking at either John or Joseph for the middle name...I'll have to ask my wife for a reminder. :)

Girls names, not really....since we've really decided not to do too much before we know for sure....we've already had 2 near misses (late periods) where we both were disappointed and decided not to get too excited beforehand this time.

NHPlanner

Staff member
KMateja said:
Tim - Congrats! I was wondering what was going on with that. How's erica feeling? still the mysterious vomiting?

Not since that one time....and though she's scheduled for a period right about now (that hasn't started) she's experiencing some lower abdomen pain, a usual sign that the period is coming :(

She took a test on Wednesday (her scheduled starting day) and it was negative.

tom petty had it right... the wai - ai- ting is the hardest part!

SO TRUE!!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
And Christine! yay! see, you don't need any reproductive endocrinology advice after all!
Well, we'll see... we haven't really been trying, but we haven't tried not to either, ((if that makes any sense))

Maybe we need a new section of cyburbia - TTC cyburbanites :)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
All of this naming talk has me thinking....how many of the females on here have the middle name "Ann" or "Lynn"? It is a strange phenomenon that I just don't understand, but it seems like the vast majority of women that I know have one of those two middle names.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
My middle name is Marie, but my mom's is Ann, and my sister's is Lynn. They are/were popular, but don't know why?

Planderella

Cyburbian
Speaking of names, my first, middle and last name each contain six letters. I bear the mark of the beast!!! However, I broke the cycle by choosing a confirmation name with six letters. Take THAT Lucifer!!

Habanero

Cyburbian
My mom doesn't like names that have the "e" added- this is why my sister's middle name is Ann and mine is Brook.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
My kids are all named for towns in Iowa. I really didn't mean to do it for the first two. I thought Clinton and Spencer were good names. Then a friend, was like, what are you going to name the next one Fort Dodge? So I decided to stick with it, I named him Slater. I discovered that not many towns have girls names though, I had Kesley picked just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.