• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I wanted to go on a serial naming spree of naming all of my children after serial killers. My wife won't let me :(

Planderella

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
I wanted to go on a serial naming spree of naming all of my children after serial killers. My wife won't let me :(

Theodore Bundy DeVuono has an interesting ring to it....

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Planderella said:

The rainbow rings around the sun are called sundogs

SGB

Cyburbian
Planderella said:

"I will show him the same kind of respect that any father would
show a 41 year old man who dates his teenage daughter."
- Al Bundy, "Married With Children"

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
giff57 said:

The rainbow rings around the sun are called sundogs

Rainbow dog
Rainbow%20Dog%20-%20PL05.jpg

nerudite

Cyburbian
I had a bunny named Bijouli... She's named after a California Lottery Big Spin winner.

NHPlanner

Staff member
nerudite said:
I had a bunny named Bijouli... She's named after a California Lottery Big Spin winner.

New Hampshire had the nation's first lottery.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Wasn't there a guy recently in New Hampshire that tried to buy a Toyota with like $20,000 worth of coupons (he had to buy like 200 newspapers for them)???

It was on our local news, must have been a slow news day in MI.

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Wasn't there a guy recently in New Hampshire that tried to buy a Toyota with like $20,000 worth of coupons (he had to buy like 200 newspapers for them)???

It was on our local news, must have been a slow news day in MI.

True story, happened in Portsmouth, NH....a charming old coastal city on the Piscatequa River.

WendyCollins_winter0203_2_450.jpg

nerudite

Cyburbian
jmf said:

I wish I could win the lottery. I would open a used book store.

I thought about doing the same thing in my big lotto dreams... that or a travel agency. The cool thing about the travel agency is that as the owner you would get all the cool freebies and let others toil.

prudence

Cyburbian
nerudite said:

I thought about doing the same thing in my big lotto dreams... that or a travel agency. The cool thing about the travel agency is that as the owner you would get all the cool freebies and let others toil.

My lotto dreams entail a large house on a very large lot. I'd hire a few friends to cut the grass for about $50,000 a year...What's the point of having a lot of $$ if you can't hang out with your friends because they have real jobs???

Jeff

Cyburbian
Looks like this bad boy is starting to die....c'mon people, almost at 1,000 posts....

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Bad Boy is the name of a local furniture/appliance store. Originally started by our current mayor, now run by his son.

Who's bettter than Bad Boy? Nooooooooooooooooooobody!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Cyburbian
"My Buddy" was not the first "doll for boys" I thought of when I first read that...

el Guapo

Capitalist
Who hasn't worked for evil at one time or another. Politicans v. Developers. Tomato v Tomato

Mastiff

Gunfighter
El Guapo said:
Who hasn't worked for evil at one time or another. Politicans v. Developers. Tomato v Tomato

I bet Evel Knievel could jump a whole bunch of tomatoes... and maybe land on a developer. (Pun intended)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I would love to visit Australia. I would go to the Outback and the Great Barrier Reef.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:
I would love to visit Australia. I would go to the Outback and the Great Barrier Reef.

I'd settle for a steak from the Outback... or seafood.

SGB

Cyburbian
"Most who remember Truman in those days remember a cranky old man who loved to shock people—telling one young history professor that he had better go home and read his books before trying to interview him again."

Status
Not open for further replies.