• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerudite

Cyburbian
In university, my dorm-mate had a big crush on Patch from Days of Our Lives (unfortunately she put pictures of him up on the wall... ewwwww).

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
El Guapo said:
My grandfather gave me a collection of silver dimes before his death.

My wife accidentally paid too much for ten silver dollars at an auction. She thought that they were going for $8 and they were $8 each.

SGB

Cyburbian
I believe that Raiders of the Lost Ark was the best film - by far - of the Indiana Jones series.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
SGB said:
I believe that Raiders of the Lost Ark was the best film - by far - of the Indiana Jones series.

At this moment the Raiders are leading 34 24

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike DeVuono said:
Gruden = Chucky Doll....he's a dick, and needs a haircut.

Dicks getting haircuts should be in the shaving thread.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Lucky for us...they already are ;)

Didn't Lucky Strike turn out to be a dumb name for cigarettes. Yeah lucky, addictive and it kills you.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Lot's o' lazt govs off today....and I'm hear working :(

I just realized, yeah I'm working, but I really don't mind it. It's amazing the how you can feel that way when you actually enjoy your ob as opposed to be somewhere you hate.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I wish I had the day off today... there's two feet of fresh snow on the ground and it took me over an hour to get to work (not to mention 20 minutes de-icing/digging out my car). Yuck!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tranplanner said:
Ah, so there is government inaction south of the border too, eh?

You heard of the stripper that became Mayor in a colorado (I think) town? Now That's government in action!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
bturk said:

You heard of the stripper that became Mayor in a colorado (I think) town? Now That's government in action!

So the voters gave her the, um, "thumbs-up?"

jmf

Cyburbian
I saw Bowling for Columbine last night. I didn't know NORAD was based in Colorado. Anyway, I thought it was an incredible documentary.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I saw the Eagles lose last night in true Philadelphia fashion. Looks like we have to pin our championship hopes for the year on the Flyers now....HAHAHAHAHA

nerudite

Cyburbian
I thought Roger and Me was interesting... but most of Moore's documentaries/shows since then haven't done much for me.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
I saw the Eagles lose last night in true Philadelphia fashion. Looks like we have to pin our championship hopes for the year on the Flyers now....HAHAHAHAHA

I listened to part of the game against Tampa Bay over the 'net... sounded like a good one.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mike DeVuono said:

Now that Dione is gone... Please, if anyone is listening... ANYONE but Warren Yapp. I couldn't put up with his idiot savant grin for an entire year.

jmf

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Was "Roger and Me" the documentary about GM's screw job of Flint, MI?

Yup, I haven't seen it but after Bowling for Columbine I am going to look for it. Moore is from Flint and his father worked for GM. In Bowling for Columbine he talk about a case in Flint where a 6 year old took a gun to school and killed another 6 year old. He interviewed the Sheriff who blamed it, more than partially on a Work for Welfare program which takes parents out of the community for jobs.

jmf said:

Yup, I haven't seen it but after Bowling for Columbine I am going to look for it. Moore is from Flint and his father worked for GM. In Bowling for Columbine he talk about a case in Flint where a 6 year old took a gun to school and killed another 6 year old. He interviewed the Sheriff who blamed it, more than partially on a Work for Welfare program which takes parents out of the community for jobs.

I know that there are cyburbanites who have listed michael moore on their list of people they'd like to punch, but i loved bowling for columbine and roger and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.