• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
bturk said:

No one here is working hard, apparently.

I just came in from outside, and my nipples are hard. It's freaking cold out there!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
giff57 said:

I just came in from outside, and my nipples are hard. It's freaking cold out there!

Yeah, then I'm sure you can imagine what its like with metal hardware installed.

SGB

Cyburbian
giff57 said:

We've got a wind chill factor here of -16F! Top that!

SGB

Cyburbian
Neither of us should complain.

Check out the temperature's that N'dite and our other friends up north are dealing with!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
SGB said:
Neither of us should complain.

Check out the temperature's that N'dite and our other friends up north are dealing with!

Yeah, we could be in Winnepeg at -32F

Habanero

Cyburbian
because they're cold-hearted b*tches- that's why the boobies are so cold-

Last edited:

SGB

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
That's colder than a witch's titty ...

From the Straight Dope Science Advisory Board :

"A witch's tit (or witch's teat, to use the older spelling) supposedly left a marking that witch hunters and courts would look for on the body of an accused person. Supposedly, witches would suckle their familiars, and sometimes the Devil himself, from this "unholy" body part. To find these marks, as well as insensitive spots on the skin called devil's marks--caused by the Devil's claws or teeth--the suspects were stripped, shaven, then closely examined for any blemishes, moles, or even scars that could be labeled as diabolical. To find marks invisible to the eye, the examiner would poke the victim inch by inch with a blunt needle (called a bodkin) until they found a spot that didn't feel pain or bled. Discovery of these marks or spots--one supposes they would be considered cold since they were a sign of communion with the Devil--would be "proof" of the person's dealings with Scratch, so they would be shown in full court before the execution. "

el Guapo

Capitalist
I wish I could have used this technique on my ex-wife in the discovery phase of our divorce. She was Satan's lactatin' ho!

nerudite

Cyburbian
jmf said:
-28C (-18F) here. My dog doesn't even want to go out.

It's colder here... -32C. But I'll give you the cold weather award, since you have the wet cold and we have the dry cold. You win!

Habanero

Cyburbian
100k between 100 people- we didn't have the powerball number- or it would've been over 300 million!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:

It's colder here... -32C. But I'll give you the cold weather award, since you have the wet cold and we have the dry cold. You win!

It's been between 40 and 50 here... and sunny.

i spent a while watching the dogs play on the frozen pool, very little of the snow has melted from christmas and they are having a really good time playing in the snow banks.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
KMateja said:
one of my friends is running a 5K in NYC this sunday - morning temps are supposed to be 18F. blargh.

Morning temp in my living room this morning at 7 am: 58 degrees....damn this old house and its drafts! (fortunately, upstairs was still 68 degrees)

el Guapo

Capitalist
I'm making a warm bowl of oatmeal, as I type, in my office microwave. Bless that Quaker man!

SGB

Cyburbian
Our 3yr old son nearly has a meltdown if we run out of oatmeal for breakfast. Thankfully peanut butter toast is his 2nd favorite breakfast.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
El Guapo said:

I have to wear a special suit when I am in there. :)

El Guapo's special Microwave typing suit...
p18b.jpg

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Reply 937

I could use some mocrowave kettle corn.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Dan said:
Reply 937

I could use some mocrowave kettle corn.

That's one good thing about it being -5F, the kettle corn vendors are not out on the roadside selling.....

donk

Cyburbian
I wish it was not so cold, so I could go outside and get a good skiing work out in.

jmf

Cyburbian
I went to Aquafit last night for work out. It was so cold out that the pool seemed like a hot tub. It was great.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
i dreamed of hot tubs and tropical places last night-as i overslept in the -2 windchill morning.

my doggies dont want to go out anymore, poor beagle shivers the whole time.

Planderella

Cyburbian
The weather down here is just plain ridiculous. When I left home for work yesterday morning, it was so humid and warm that I needed to put the A.C. on in the car. By the time I went to bed last night, the temperature dropped about 30-40 degrees. This morning, it's cold with an icy wind blowing. By Saturday, I'll probably be running around in shorts again!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Hey try living here, where lwe experience 100 degree temperature differentials between seasons....

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Planderella said:
By Saturday, I'll probably be running around in shorts again!

And please keep it that way until after I leave New Orleans on Sunday!

Planderella

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
Does anyone else get the Sunday night blues?

Does that occur around 5 or 6 p.m. when you realize that your weekend is winding down and you must begin mentally preparing for yet another week of work and drudgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.