• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I learned to knit a couple of years ago, and started a baby blanket for a friend of mine. The baby is not 2.5 years old, and the blanket is only 10 inches long. Trying to figure out how to purl, but not very successfully.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Speaking of congratulations, everyone....give yourselves a hand for surviving the first full work week of 2003.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Planderella said:
Speaking of congratulations, everyone....give yourselves a hand for surviving the first full work week of 2003.

There's still most of the day to get through Planderella....a lot could still happen!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

There's still most of the day to get through Planderella....a lot could still happen!

Yeah, like maybe the US will finally invade Canada....

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
yaheee my 1000 post

happy planner girl

I remember back in the day when your number of posts meant you moved from a planning technician to a planner I to a planner II to the assistant director...all the way to esteemed visionary. :)

donk

Cyburbian
I wish I had kept teh text book from teh fruity art class I took that was about how the US plans to invade canada. Did you know that the ambassador bridge was designed perfectly for tank trafffic?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'm not sure about the Ambassador bridge being designed for tanks, but I know the one near Cornwall, Ontario was (for easy access to Ottawa).

Okay, I may be letting out State Secrets here, but when I served in the Army Reserves, it was often said that our battle plan in case of the invasion of Canada (by any other country) would be to head for the hills and wage a guerilla war.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Canada has an army now? Can the US allow this polite and hostile nation to mass troops and military equipment on our very borders? If we are not vigilant, before long half of Canada will be on the border!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I should go to Borders and pick up something to read and maybe a nice mocha.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
JNL said:
has anyone heard of the New Zealand rock band Pacifier? They changed their name from Shihad because it was thought that 'Shihad' was too similar to 'Jihad' for US audiences so they changed it before going on tour last year.

Thats damn funny. This is my type of thread no thinking required.

Oh - and here's a picture of Steve Urkel to brighten your Friday.

http://www.kellie.de/jw1/steve4.jpg

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I love living in a small town. The DDA Director and I went to the coffee shop for a latte and when they brought them to us they had our names written on top. We must be infamous.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I am the infamous el Guapo and TGIF! Why that is the name of a family burger chain is it not? Or is that Friday's. Anyway I always liked the name Fuddruckers. Sounds sort of nasty in a plausibly deniable way. And it comes up in microsoft's spell checker.

donk

Cyburbian
I love living in a small town. The DDA Director and I went to the coffee shop for a latte and when they brought them to us they had our names written on top. We must be infamous.

Great, just so long as they were not written ala mike in the snow.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Mastiff said:

Most kittens are killed while humans are on their back...

How many kittens have to be killed before this stops being funny!

donk

Cyburbian
Thinking of peeing and backs that hurt, that is the first sign of a kidney stone.

Maybe that info should be included in this thread.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Mastiff said:

People from New Hampshire are funny... ;)

Adam Sandler, a funny person, to some, grew up in Manchester, NH.

donk

Cyburbian
A la seinfeld, he's not funny because he's from NH he's funny because he's Jewish. Right PG and Seabishop.

NHPlanner

Staff member
donk said:
A la seinfeld, he's not funny because he's from NH he's funny because he's Jewish. Right PG and Seabishop.

Have a good afternoon and weekend everyone...I'm leaving NH for Maine to pick up my daughter, who's been with her grandmother for a week.....I miss daddy's little girl....

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
daddys little girl-how sweet

never mind those teenyboper girls dont look "sweet or teeny" anymore
\
more like slutny spears

Habanero

Cyburbian
Speaking of sweet- I'm on a sugar high since a nice man just brought 2 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts in-

yum!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
donk said:

Thats why people laugh at me whenever they see me.

I read that Sandler didn't represent* NH like he should. He used to say he was originally from Brooklyn because he thought it sounded cool.

* I mean represent in the hip-hop sense. Its my new years resolution to use more hip-hop slang.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Well....seein that your crib be in da New England hood....you best just keep off da hip hop vibe...ya know what I mean?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mike DeVuono said:
Well....seein that your crib be in da New England hood....you best just keep off da hip hop vibe...ya know what I mean?

Speaking of crib... My niece is preggers. Also, my ex-wife told me she might be as well... But then, she's always stoned, 44, and has her tubes tied.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Speaking of bands....I've been playing the drums since I was 14.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mike DeVuono said:
Speaking of bands....I've been playing the drums since I was 14.

Speaking of bands... I won't wear a wedding one, I hate jewelry.

SGB

Cyburbian
I always thought I wouldn't wear clogs, until I tried a pair of wool ones. Now I'm hooked!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mastiff said:

Speaking of bands... I won't wear a wedding one, I hate jewelry.

Jewel - the singer -needs t ofix that damned snaggle-tooth. Its driving me nuts.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Speaking of hookers, did jfortin ever answer whether or not he was the hooker in that hotel room?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Planderella said:
Speaking of hookers, did jfortin ever answer whether or not he was the hooker in that hotel room?

What ever happened to T.J. Hooker?

SGB

Cyburbian
Speaking of Dragnet, wasn't Harry Morgan accused and/or convicted of assaulting his wife in recent years?

donk

Cyburbian
Now there is somebody who won't show up in this thread

I also had to type the the bling bling stuff into this translator so I could understand.

added can't type fast enough to keep up with teh conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.