• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donk

Cyburbian
I have seen the ramones 8 times in concert and have every album on vinyl and am now starting my CD collection of their works RIP Joey and Dee Dee.

Now I want to sniff some glue, now I wanna have something to do, all the kids want to sniff some glue all the kids want something to do.

With lyrics like that I am suprised they were not more popular.

donk

Cyburbian
Cyburbia is great (Ramones Fans, Repo Man fans, beer fans...)

I can actually share my useless knowledge and interests with others that "get it"

Someone else commended me on my HATE avatar and someone else had VU Loaded as their symbol for great music. Now if only I could find people like you near where I live things would be great.

SGB

Cyburbian
It's probably much safer having all of us being so geographically dispersed!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
SGB said:
It's probably much safer having all of us being so geographically dispersed!

Absolutely....as my Town Engineer once said, he wished he knew about the APA conference before hand so that the engineers could take us all out in one shot. ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
yes i agree we are all better spread out-we can share the joy and our...perversion with others.

one town could not handle all of us miscrets *sp?* in the same place.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
PlannerGirl said:
yes i agree we are all better spread out-we can share the joy and our...perversion with others.

one town could not handle all of us miscrets *sp?* in the same place.

I thinks its spelled 'miscreants'

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike DeVuono said:
St Pauli Girl is from Germany

She reminds me of a woman I knew in college that could carry a pitcher of beer between her breasts (really - no hands) and not spill.

NHPlanner

Staff member
bturk said:

She reminds me of a woman I knew in college that could carry a pitcher of beer between her breasts (really - no hands) and not spill.

I bet the current St. Pauli Girl could do that too....

2003PosterPage_01.jpg

Jeff

Cyburbian
bturk said:

I took EMT class with a stripper who could pour beer from a bottle (between her thingies) by pushing the outsides of them and making the bottle flip.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Mike DeVuono said:

I took EMT class with a stripper who could pour beer from a bottle (between her thingies) by pushing the outsides of them and making the bottle flip.

I know one that can climb the pole upside down using thigh strengh alone....

donk

Cyburbian
I have many stripper related stories, (visits to Montreal and going to school in Windsor Ont) but will not share any of them here as I took my "common sense pill" today.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
In high school I worked with a girl nicknamed "The Crusher" because she could crush a beer can between her breasts.

SGB

Cyburbian
The "kids" (up to early 20's) in the neighborhood I grew up in used to play Kick the Can until the wee hours of the morning during the summer months.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
SGB said:
The "kids" (up to early 20's) in the neighborhood I grew up in used to play Kick the Can until the wee hours of the morning during the summer months.

We also played "Schmeer the queer". How very un-pc we were...

ok. are.

Jeff

Cyburbian
In college we used to play suicide with Kodiak cans. They sure did hurt when you got beaned with them.

SGB

Cyburbian
Mmmmmmm.....Kodiak.......

[must ..... keep...... trying...... to quit.........]

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
[must ..... keep...... trying...... to quit.........]
How you doin on that anyway? Good luck and keep up the good work...remember no one wants to make out with an ashtray ;)

Kick the Can
Spin the bottle is much more fun ;)

That's easy- it's just a little can!
Yep, I'm sure it's easy, although I have to say that I've never tried.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Mike DeVuono said:
In college we used to play suicide with Kodiak cans. They sure did hurt when you got beaned with them.

I'm still struggling to give up the Kodiak too....I'm trying by using cheaper (read terrible) brands and weaning myself off that way...

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Tim - you do that crap too? yucky... Your poor wife :(

We're both guilty of tobbacco vices...hers are Marlboro Ultra Lights...

el Guapo

Capitalist
TexasPlanner said:
El Guapo- is that you with the flags? Sweet-

Nooope not me - just a photo I found.
My vice is high expectations from cars shaped like bricks.

NHPlanner

Staff member
TexasPlanner said:
I'm sighing right now- I've got a last minute meeting at 4pm.

At least its only 4 PM....its almost 6 here and I have another hour to kill before a Recreation Facilities Committee meeting....

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Do you guys normally wait around at work for meetings? I only live a mile away, so I come home. Not always a good thing, cuz then its hard to go back, especially when its so cold out.

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Do you guys normally wait around at work for meetings? I only live a mile away, so I come home. Not always a good thing, cuz then its hard to go back, especially when its so cold out.

I do, since I live 30 minutes away. I think I'm one of the few here in town that do. Most go home or at least leave the office for a while between 5 pm and the meeting.

Habanero

Cyburbian
We have a planner up here that went home for lunch and didn't come back for the rest of the day- he said he fell asleep- but he also missed meetings. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.