• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I have a yahoo email account that I have had for about 6 years. One of the words I used in the account name I have learned is used in a sexual fetitish slang. Whoops!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Welcome to the clube Tranplan - let us know how it is on the other side! Only about 700 for me....

You know Tex, I have to admit that I actually did that once. I come home for lunch (12-1)and and one day I fell asleep and woke up at 2:45. Oops. Didn't have any meetings or anything that I missed, but still felt awful.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I just found out I lost 3 days of vacation that I didn't use from last year, after I was told I could carry them over. Didn't get paid for them or nothing....I feel awful right now....a month of day care right there...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
1000th reply!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!

Here's your prize! :)

20__Tall_LaBatt_s_Blue_Light.jpg

el Guapo

Capitalist
Mike DeVuono said:
I just found out I lost 3 days of vacation that I didn't use from last year, after I was told I could carry them over. Didn't get paid for them or nothing....I feel awful right now....a month of day care right there...

Steal them blind in righteous retribution! Take cases of copier toner home and dump them in a nearby stream. ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Guap im going nutts to know what word is in your profile that is slang in the fetish world...fess up there big guy
;-)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
PlannerGirl said:
Guap im going nutts to know what word is in your profile that is slang in the fetish world...fess up there big guy
;-)

He mentioned it in a previsou thread - golden

donk

Cyburbian
Let me guess, behind the bar, or was that someone else? or on group rides / races when the pace is too high to sneak one the side of the road. This is one bike riding skill I have yet to need, one of the guys I ride with takes pride in how well he can do it.

Planderella

Cyburbian
donk said:
Let me guess, behind the bar, or was that someone else? or on group rides / races when the pace is too high to sneak one the side of the road. This is one bike riding skill I have yet to need, one of the guys I ride with takes pride in how well he can do it.

Guys....ride...well.........MUST GET MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!!!!!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Behind the bar....that's all me baby...

I don't do the peeing on the bike thing...never even tried...

donk

Cyburbian
When I drink molson golden, it really makes me have to pee. You don't buy beer you only lease it.

donk

Cyburbian
It was a good line that had to be used.

I actually think that molson golden tastes like pee, but when the choice is bad American beer or Golden you have to take the lesser of two evils.

donk

Cyburbian
I remember drinking 40's of schlitz red and schlitz blue before going to tiger games in detroit.

donk

Cyburbian
There is no such thing as bad beer, only beer that tastes better and agrees with your constitution. After the first dozen does it really matter anymore?

SGB

Cyburbian
Home brew, done right, is more about the process and the taste of the product.

My most recent brewing experience (From the brewmasters web page):

"The name comes from a funny/revolting incident that occurred just before we began brewing. I was brewing with [name removed to protect the guilty] and [ditto] , and it was the first time I'd brewed since we moved. When I went down to the basement to bring up all the brewing equipment, I looked into the carboy before bringing it up. I saw a bunch of what looked like pine needles stuck to the bottom of the carboy. As I looked around the perimeter of the bottom, I discovered that the "needles" were in fact the dying turds of a mouse that had crawled into the carboy and died.

Dave volunteered to clean out the carboy, and discovered that enough decay had occurred that the mouse was actually a bit stuck to the bottom.

Despite the difficulties, he managed to have the carboy sterile within an hour. We dubbed what was to be a porter, Sticky Mouse Stout."

Despite how it may sound, the brew was spectacular! Recipe (w/out mouse) available upon request.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I used to home brew and with few exceptions it was always great. Then I moved someplace that had a carpeted kitchen and trust me, you really really dont want to be spilling any wort on low pile carpet. The flat smelled like a frat house on SUnday morning.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I heard you get really hungover if you drink the crumbs and leftover crap from a homebrew...true?

el Guapo

Capitalist
I just got my kit for Christmas and am I ever looking forward to the process. I plan to brew many wheat beers.

donk

Cyburbian
I am pretty sure I see a few wheat beers on the menu at the Falling Rock Tap House.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
There is nothing more delicious and refreshing than a wheat/weiss beer with a slice of lemon on a hot summer day.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Hefe Weitzen is my favorite beer style. I bought a kegging system also for the fridge in the garage. So fresh wheat brew on tap in the old garage is my goal. "Honey I'll be working on the car for a few hours with my neighbor Tim."

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:
Hefe Weitzen is my favorite beer style. I bought a kegging system also for the fridge in the garage. So fresh wheat brew on tap in the old garage is my goal. "Honey I'll be working on the car for a few hours with my neighbor Tim."

Sweet. And no bottles or cans to recycle that tip her off. You're my idol.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Planderella said:
I'm not that much of a beer drinker so the thought of wheat beer sounds pretty gross to me.

Bailey ... bad girl!

el Guapo

Capitalist
In one of the countless alternative universes this thread went somewhere else. now it goes here. I feel like I'm in the - brief blip on the screen - sci-fi show Sliders.

Status
Not open for further replies.