• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Flag me!

Jen said:
How many beaver skins does it take to make a lap warmer?

Have you noticed that the beaver lap warmers are getting smaller? The progression is something like > jungle > trimmed>taco>landing strip> short landing strip> nothing.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Interesting arrest in Madison yeasterday. "Police said two women were engaged in sex acts in the lighted storefront window. One woman was not wearing clothes except for a pair of pants around her ankles. When police arrived the crowd began to boo and the women said they were doing nothing wrong."

I wonder where bturk was when this was going on?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
I wonder where bturk was when this was going on?

Reloading the camera and yelling, "PlannerGirl! Don't resist arrest! You'll only make it worse!"

Jeff

Cyburbian
OK quick poll....who's been arrested??

Me...3x ..nothing serious of course and all before age 19.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Not me, which is good... as it causes problems with immigration.

But I was sent to the principal's office a few times.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike DeVuono said:

OH, this begs for its own thread!

Me - Never. I'm pure as the driven snow.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
bturk said:

OH, this begs for its own thread!

Me - Never. I'm pure as the driven snow.

Didn't you mean to say "yellow snow?"

I've never been arrested. My worst run-ins with The Man have been over his oppressing me for driving too fast. Like that's a crime!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mike DeVuono said:

I can only tell you about the ones where the statute of limitations has expired...

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I have had numerous run-ins with the police, but have never been arrested. Most of these run-ins were related to skateboarding.

As a minor I racked up tickets for tresspassing & disorderly conduct (twice). Thankfully they disappeared after age 18.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jtfortin said:
I have had numerous run-ins with the police, but have never been arrested. Most of these run-ins were related to skateboarding.

As a minor I racked up tickets for tresspassing & disorderly conduct (twice). Thankfully they disappeared after age 18.

Yes, and you can easily check that here . I see we have a little problem with speeding ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
I once got caught doing 95 in a construction zone/school zone with expired emmissions.

*whoops*

luckily I "got out of it" because the ticket was written on a Sunday, so the construction zone and school zone charges were thrown out and I was within the 7 day window for getting my emmission sticker put on my car. The police officer was so mad the judge threw that case out.. and I was sooo happy.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
bturk said:

Yes, and you can easily check that here . I see we have a little problem with speeding ;)

That site doesn't have the 3 speeding tickets that I got while under 18. Bringing my grand total to 6.

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
jtfortin said:

That site doesn't have the 3 speeding tickets that I got while under 18. Bringing my grand total to 6.

Since I had to re-register this isn't as interesting as the last post I made on here, but I will try and work, rugged, nude hot chicks, and combat boots into this somehow.....HERE GOES NOTHING!!

I got pulled over once by a RUGGED cop in COMBAT BOOTS, and he let me go because he was extremely dumb, cute, but dumb, that always seems to be the case!! (sorry I couldn't work in hot nude chicks anywhere....well except there!)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome back!

Most of our threads debase to hot nude chicks... so I'm sure they can get that somewhere else. ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
If they were getting that somewhere else, then why look for it here? Cyburbia - who says a planning website can't be titilating?

donk

Cyburbian
The only times things get titalating here are when we have to deal with requests for adult entertainment establishments. (Peeler Bars)

Jeff

Cyburbian
I heard something about hot nude chicks.....can anyone fill me in. damn those ads are annoying.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
The adds dont bother me.

Mike your always thinking about hot nude chicks, never mind if anyone of us brings it up or not. now get yourself on down to South St and find some fun ;-)

PG

el Guapo

Capitalist
Speaking of Evil - I watched the Prez last night and I'm ready to have my parachute issued. Do they make them in "Hefty?"

donk

Cyburbian
I think the loudest concert I ever went to is between the rolling stones - steel wheels, 3rd row center at the sky dome, motorhead at RPM, the Ramones at RPM, or Pearl Jam/Smashing Pumpkins/Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the State Theatre in Detroit. Each of these concerts left me deaf for about a week.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
donk said:
I think the loudest concert I ever went to is between the rolling stones - steel wheels, 3rd row center at the sky dome, motorhead at RPM, the Ramones at RPM, or Pearl Jam/Smashing Pumpkins/Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the State Theatre in Detroit. Each of these concerts left me deaf for about a week.

The loudest concert I attended was a general admission, no seats (only a pit) 1995 Prong/White Zombie concert in Indianapolis at the Egyptian Room of the Murat Theatre. Took 3 days to get the ringing out of my ears.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Mine was Ministry at Central Park Presidents Room (now the Rave) in Milwaukee. They were by far the loudest band I have ever seen. The concert featured a cage in front of the stage that people were climbing up on and jumping off of.

donk

Cyburbian
on GWAR

what you don't like gore, funky phallic symbols and loud bad music?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
jtfortin said:
Mine was Ministry at Central Park Presidents Room (now the Rave) in Milwaukee. They were by far the loudest band I have ever seen. The concert featured a cage in front of the stage that people were climbing up on and jumping off of.

I've got some loud (in a good way) inlaws that like to drink beverages made in Milwaukee...

nerudite

Cyburbian
One of my first concerts was the Incredible Shrinking Dickies opening for the Ramones... the lead singer of the Dickies whipped it out and pissed all over the audience. I luckily had a seat away from the stage.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jtfortin said:

What, you didn't enjoy being sprayed with fake blood and other body fluids? :)

FAKE?! I want my money back. And next time, please be sure to spray me with REAL body fluids!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
My first concert was Laura Branigan with opening act Livingston Taylor (Jame's brother) at the Warwick Musical Theatre in the 2nd grade. Dude I was soooo wasted after that one.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I saw Gwar back in 97 I think. At Harpos' in Detroit. On Halloween. Talk about some *interesting* people.

The best concert was Guns n Roses and Suicidal Tendencies in Frankfurt Germany .It was in an outdoor soccar stadium. The concert itself actually sucked, but the atmosphere was awesome. There's just somethin bout Axl :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
I saw Gwar back in 97 I think. At Harpos' in Detroit. On Halloween. Talk about some *interesting* people.

The best concert was Guns n Roses and Suicidal Tendencies in Frankfurt Germany .It was in an outdoor soccar stadium. The concert itself actually sucked, but the atmosphere was awesome. There's just somethin bout Axl :)

All I wanted was a Pepsi... and she wouldn't give it to me!

donk

Cyburbian
I like to go to the symphony , and have gone 8 or 9 times in the past, but the memories are not the same as a concert. The worst concert I think I have been to is either David Bowie (Skybowl, rotten seats) or an acoustic neil young at kingswood/canada's wonderland.

Last edited:

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
There is a small section of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra playing downstairs at City Hall right now - there is some presentation going on. I'm hoping that maybe they got some more money.

el Guapo

Capitalist
bturk said:

FAKE?! I want my money back. And next time, please be sure to spray me with REAL body fluids!

Brain, You aren't even trying anymore. The things I could do with this simple set-up. Oh, well I'll just leave it everyone's imagination.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:

Brain, You aren't even trying anymore. The things I could do with this simple set-up. Oh, well I'll just leave it everyone's imagination.

You've been sooo quite lately, I wanted to give you an easy one to draw you back in. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.