• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
i love shopping in ventage or "slightly used" places i got a lined london fog trench for 25 bucks!

yhaee me!

SGB

Cyburbian
I got a great [insert overpriced yuppie mall clothing store name here] used 3 season jacket at a consignment shop for 20% of retail. Best part is, the shop proceeds benefit the local hospital.

donk

Cyburbian
Those buys are nothing. We have a chain of used clothing stores here called frenchy's. How about a hugo boss suit for $10, a cashmere overcoat for $5 (friends got these deals), ties for 50 cents, sweaters for $1 shirts for $2.50.. Most are not too warn, some are even new in the package.

SGB

Cyburbian
I don't enjoy shopping at all.

Consequently, too much of my shopping is based on "I need it now so I'll buy the first one I see" rather than careful product & price comparison.

donk

Cyburbian
My shopping protocol is I want an exact item, and don't really care how much it costs. Then I have to go and try and find it. This is one area where the internet makes shopping easy. And if I have to wait 6 months to find the item I don't really care.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I don't like shopping, and it's rare that I've got to have something I see. I love shopping for others though, and will compare different gift ideas before a birthday, Christmas, etc. for months before the event. It's really the only type of shopping I enjoy...

The worst shopping of all for me is car shopping. I hate buying cars, which is why I'm still driving my 1993 Nissan truck. I'm going to drive that thing till it dies, because I don't want to look for a new one. :(

donk

Cyburbian
yup,

I saw stephen king in brewer / bangor, me when I was driving through. He was walking down the street.

As previously mentioned, I have seen the ramones multiple times.

Sorry prudence, jtfortin and bturk, no pressing desire to visit milwaukee.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I wanted to beat up a brat with a baseball bat yesterday.

Actually, I just wanted the mother to settle the little hellion down... but the bat thing worked better with the thread. :)

prudence

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
I wanted to beat up a brat with a baseball bat yesterday.

Actually, I just wanted the mother to settle the little hellion down... but the bat thing worked better with the thread. :)

Does anybody remember the Subaru Brat? With the two ejection seats in the back?

donk

Cyburbian
only when you were waiting for your wedding.

can you spare a square? Just one square.

SGB

Cyburbian
Worcester, Massachusetts designates just about every intersection of 3 or more roads a "Square."

prudence

Cyburbian
Isn't it about time for a Huey Lewis and the News Reunion Tour? They did stop touring in support of Back to the Future, didn't they??

Seabishop

Cyburbian
prudence said:
Isn't it about time for a Huey Lewis and the News Reunion Tour? They did stop touring in support of Back to the Future, didn't they??

Recently, I thought of how F'd up that movie was. Imagine going back in time and having your mother hit on you - not cool. When the present finally roles around your dad would look at you and wonder why you look like the guy his wife liked in high school.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
Or maybe you would be born with a third ear or something.

The Superbowl commercial with the third armed guy was funny... but not the funniest.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I didn't see the superbowl... I was in a parking lot in freezing rain trying to start a dead Jetta. I never knew it could rain when it was -12C... and I never knew that freezing rain + long hair = haircicles. Go figure.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Make sure when you go for a hair cut and you say you want just a little bit off that you pay attention to what they are doing so they don't end up cutting lotsa lotsa hair so you hair is now super duper short.

Trust me on this one....

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
Make sure when you go for a hair cut and you say you want just a little bit off that you pay attention to what they are doing so they don't end up cutting lotsa lotsa hair so you hair is now super duper short.

Trust me on this one....

I got lotsa lotsa hair cut off on purpose...I was sick of having it in a ponytail all the time, so I got it chopped off, and now I miss being able to put it up into a ponytail, and do cute things with it, so I am in the process of growing it out again!!

el Guapo

Capitalist
I'd go bald all the time if my hair style would not conspire to make me appear to be a skinhead. If you are bald and a lib -you're cool - If you are a bald republican in an Army Jacket you may be perceived to be an skinhead. Too bad.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
El Guapo said:
I'd go bald all the time if my hair style would not conspire to make me appear to be a skinhead. If you are bald and a lib -your cool - If you are a bald republican in an Army Jacket you may be perceived to be an skinhead. Too bad.

Hair...

My brother started losing hair at age 21....takes after my dad and grandfather....

As you all know, my daughter decided to give herself a haircut at the end of December...http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5547

I like my wife's hair cut short, it really was something new and different, and she looked great. I wouldn't, however, complain if she let it grow long again.

SGB

Cyburbian
Anyone else ever have the joy or writing a sexually-oriented business code? I found it loads of fun to present code language at a public hearing that many found offensive (especially the definitions).

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Michael Stumpf said:
I have posted to an often sexually-oriented planning bulletin board....

Cyburbia Rule of Thumb....all posts in the FAC will eventually digress to sex or alcohol.

donk

Cyburbian
When I worked on a farm as a kid, I always had to crawl under the trucks and tractors when it was cold because the barn cats would crawl onto the blockheater. There were a few incidents of kittencide from turning the engine over..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.