• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
When I was in 5th grade I got zapped by a cow fence at a farm near my friend's house. I was running pretty fast in the dark when I hit it.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
I once ran into a soccer net in the dark when I was drunk...couldn't see the netting.

Similarly, the only way I can stand to watch soccer is when I'm drunk.

My wife is not gonna like this post...she was a soccer player)

donk

Cyburbian
My wife is not gonna like this post...she was a soccer player

is how most of NHP's post are going to start or end, now that mary poppins has joined the clube.

nerudite

Cyburbian
It seems like there are a lot of people with "feline assassin" under their avatars. But then... it could just people like words with ASS in it twice.

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

As long as she didn't play rugby...

grumble 60 second rule grrrrrr

donk

Cyburbian
she won't be if she keeps playing, broken noses, cauliflower ears, missing teeth.

jmf

Cyburbian
I played rugby for five years with no broken noses (or any bone), cauliflower ears or missing teeth and I was in the scrum, second row.

donk

Cyburbian
I'm just speaking from the looks of the few friends I have that played. Most have broken teeth and noses from rugby, but now that kelly mentions it it could be from the drinking.

NHPlanner

Staff member
donk said:

is how most of NHP's post are going to start or end, now that mary poppins has joined the clube.

Nope....just for soccer. :)

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
I'm just speaking from the looks of the few friends I have that played. Most have broken teeth and noses from rugby, but now that kelly mentions it it could be from the drinking.

That definitely could be true. The only woman I knew who was missing a tooth from rugby refused to ever wear a mouthguard so....

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Most of the guys that I knew who played rugby only did it so they could tell people they played rugby to seem more tough.

ugh. the rugby players at Geneseo were second only to Hockey players in terms of the "Gross Group of Boys" factor. They're graded on a wide spectrum of factors including: the state of their house, how they treat girls they party with (but this doesn't include their groupies - which are women who are asking to be treated like crap), and personal cleanliness.

edited to include:
Oh, and my personal favorite group was the baseball team - we always had the most fun at their house. anybody ever go to an Anything for Money party?

NHPlanner

Staff member
KMateja said:
ugh. the rugby players at Geneseo were second only to Hockey players in terms of the "Gross Group of Boys" factor. They're graded on a wide spectrum of factors including: the state of their house, how they treat girls they party with (but this doesn't include their groupies - which are women who are asking to be treated like crap), and personal cleanliness.

edited to include:
Oh, and my personal favorite group was the baseball team - we always had the most fun at their house. anybody ever go to an Anything for Money party?

What is it about college baseball teams? My brother played ball in college, and they were by far the most notorious partiers on campus. Never heard of an anything for money party....do share Kel.

In a bit of a funny twist...my brother has gone from one of the partying players to a coach at Skidmore College....the other side of the coin. :p

donk

Cyburbian
I second the please expand on anything for money party. Sounds like fun / large opportunity for self embarassment.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
In college we actually moved into a house on in Milwaukee that was "The Rugby House," a notorious party house. We didn't know it when we moved in, so for the next 5-6 months we would have people knowcking on the door because they heard that the rugby players were having a party. We usually sent them on a wild goose chase. "Umm, no they don't live here, go 8 blocks this way, then 2 blocks north...I think it is somewhere around there"

At the beginning of an Anything for Money party (my sorority usually had our with the baseball house because they were nice guys, lots of fun, and had good personal hygeine - the last is a key part, which you will soon see), all participants are given a certain amount of monopoly money - say $50. The point of the game is to win the most money by the end of the evening, and the prize was usually something like you don't have to buy any drinks the rest of the evening once you go out after the party. from there on, pretty much anything goes.

The party usually starts out with small potatos - I'll give you $1 to show me your bra and escalates rapidly as the jello shots disappear and the keg gets lighter. by the end of a typical AFM party, boys are sprinting down the street bare ass, girls are making out with strangers (or their own best friends), there's usually some sort of wet t-shirt contest in the kitchen, and the bathroom is mysteriously occupied for long periods of time.

Basically one big game of Truth or Dare, but without the Truth part, and enough alcohol to drown an elephant. good times.

donk

Cyburbian
So the point of the game is to get drunk enough to think of really funny things to get others to do, but not so drunk that you get tricked into doing them yourself or so drunk you can't enjoy the show?

pretty much.

about halfway through the game, a select few will have most of the money anyway. and for most participants, it is just an excuse to smooch on the person you're crushing on.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hehe we had an "arrest" party
my college the women out numbered the men 5 to one so we kidnapped guys and took them to a bar we rented and the fun ensued-oh got the pictures

we were not permitted to haze each other so we hazed the hell out of the boys...maybe this is where i got my start at some of my...hobbies

hehe

donk

Cyburbian
sounds like sunday morning, after the cyburbia bash is going to be rather hazy. Hopefully no one inadvertently ends up in hand cuffs.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
sounds like sunday morning, after the cyburbia bash is going to be rather hazy. Hopefully no one inadvertently ends up in hand cuffs.

'm glad you used the word "inadvertantly," as some Cyburbians are undoubtedly hoping that this is the way the evening will end.

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

The only reason my husband hates soccer is because it involves too much skill and coordination for him to play...football was a much easier sport for him to grasp!

nerudite

Cyburbian
There was a good Ralph moment last night too.. "even my boogers taste spicy". Or something like that... I was laughing so hard I almost snorked soda out my nose.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Spicy foods were discussed in a previous thread. I remember EG talking about kimchee (sp?).

Michael Stumpf said:
Spicy foods were discussed in a previous thread. I remember EG talking about kimchee (sp?).
yes - i recall that he has a "formula" (not recipe) for atomic kimchee

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
we as a group must have the highest snarfing rate-these boards are just too funny.

the things that have gone up our sinuses...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
soda, coffee, soup etc. anything consumed while reading the boards has a fair chance at snarfed

nerudite

Cyburbian
Beware of making someone laugh when eating sushi... wasabi snarfing is downright painful. Worse than soda up the nose.

Planderella

Cyburbian
The first time I tried wasabi, I thought it was avocado spread or whatever. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it wasn't..........

Jeff

Cyburbian
MMmmmm.....suussshhhiii.....

Speaking of sinuses. I've had this horrible sinus infection/cold forever, and it was just making noise. It was so weird, there was this creaking nois coming from my nose and cheek area....very weird.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Last weekend I saw a Jackass episode where they put a dead skunk on a remote control car and drove it around the sidewalk. It was one of the funiest things I have seen in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.