• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planderella

Cyburbian
donk said:
Now there is somebody who won't show up in this thread

I also had to type the the bling bling stuff into this translator so I could understand.

added can't type fast enough to keep up with teh conversation

I just tried to translate "bling bling" and what the answer it gave is not the correct connotation.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I always thought it to be like wearing alot of ice-

my dog now is now all sorts of bling bling- he pulled his tag off and we had to attach it with a larger,stronger loop. He has chewed on it so much his new name is "Cher".

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Planderella said:

I just tried to translate "bling bling" and what the answer it gave is not the correct connotation.

I'm not try'n ta hear that

donk

Cyburbian
start spreading the word,
I 'm leaving today,
if I can make it there I can make it any where,
NY, NY

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I popped open a bottle of Morgon 1er Cru last night. Wonderful aroma, great color, good legs, hints of black currents and oak.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I can smell the aroma of the Director of Public Works homemade soup and it is making me hungry.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I am hungry- we're going to venture to Jason's Deli. I'm so glad they have one out here, since it's a Texas favorite. Yum- huge baked potato here I come!

SGB

Cyburbian
Salad days = when life was greener.

Or is when I weighed much less? ;^)

SGB

Cyburbian
Why, yes it is!

Pronunciation: "äk-si-'mOr-"än, -'mor-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ox·y·mo·ra /-'mOr-&, -'mor-/
Etymology: Late Greek oxymOron, from neuter of oxymOros pointedly foolish, from Greek oxys sharp, keen + mOros foolish
Date: 1657
: a combination of contradictory or incongruous words (as cruel kindness)

Jeff

Cyburbian
.....one of my favorite hobbies growing up was sitting on the corner and drinking 40s....out of a paper bag.

Mike DeVuono said:
.....one of my favorite hobbies growing up was sitting on the corner and drinking 40s....out of a paper bag.

When I was in highschool, my lunch mates and i used to see who could make their paper bag used for lunches last the longest - my friend crystal won, with i think, 4 straight weeks.

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
bet he rides a c40

He rides a digital camera? I don't think I want to know!

Camedia_C40.jpg

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Speaking of Scots, does anyone know why Gimli the dwarf in Two Towers has a Scottish accent?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
because if it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!

Michael Stumpf said:
Speaking of Scots, does anyone know why Gimli the dwarf in Two Towers has a Scottish accent?

Speaking of dwarves, yesterday a little person called DPW to complain that she couldn't see over the snow drifts, and could we please do something about that! true story.

donk

Cyburbian
because if it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!

but how then do you explain the quality of that movie, cause it was pretty bad, compared to the first one. All I heard from scmegals mouth was jar jar binks.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Ahem. Little people. Like Danny DiVito.

donk

Cyburbian
I have a friend (honest) who is going to try and get a little person stripper for another friend's stag party.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Chad went to a bachelor party (not his own) where the strippers offered the 'full meal deal' and whipped the naked groom with his own best.

Planderella

Cyburbian
donk said:
I have a friend (honest) who is going to try and get a little person stripper for another friend's stag party.

Off topic

Ummm...that sounds kind of creepy...... :|

donk

Cyburbian
oops, overstepped the bounds of good taste. that item is true, I sometimes, well frequently, have a disconnect between what I say and what I should say.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
oops, overstepped the bounds of good taste. that item is true, I sometimes, well frequently, have a disconnect between what I say and what I should say.

I often have been accussed on turning off my "common sense filter" too

donk

Cyburbian
could we buy them in bulk, I'll take 6. Actually taking six is what ussually gets me into trouble.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Donk, I think that is the first time any Cyburbian ever overstepped the boundaries of good taste. I think we need to send you into PG's corner.

Habanero

Cyburbian
It takes only 6? I dated a guy in college named "Case"- his parents swore that's what it took to get them into trouble.
:)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
Donk, I think that is the first time any Cyburbian ever overstepped the boundaries of good taste. I think we need to send you into PG's corner.

Hmmmm... and I thought it was funny. I guess my good taste threshold is pretty high.

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
It takes only 6? I dated a guy in college named "Case"- his parents swore that's what it took to get them into trouble.
:)

A guy in college used to call me "Case"... but it was because he thought I was a headcase.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Courtesy of WinMX, (as recommended on Cyburbia) I downloaded a copy of Monty Python's Argument Clinic. I'll have to look for nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.