• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
The train that goes from Sacramento to Seattle is gorgeous too.

When you "do it" on a plane you join the Mile High Club. Is there any name for it on a train? I mean... "pulling a train" is already used.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mastiff said:

When you "do it" on a plane you join the Mile High Club. Is there any name for it on a train? I mean... "pulling a train" is already used.

Doing Thomas the Tank Engine

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I loved the high speed train from NYC to DC, i could relax, no security BS, there in 3 hours and could get work done on the Cell the whole time!

not to mention it was ROOMIE

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Mastiff said:

I don't know the name...but I am a member!

Habanero

Cyburbian
I can only imagine the funny looks James and I would get if we came out of a bathroom together- someone would have to cue the clown music when 9 clowns get out of a mini.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
TexasPlanner said:
I can only imagine the funny looks James and I would get if we came out of a bathroom together- someone would have to cue the clown music when 9 clowns get out of a mini.

You could always go in style and get a sleeping compartment...they're not much bigger than the bathrooms, but at least you can get horizontal!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tranplanner said:

You could always go in style and get a sleeping compartment...they're not much bigger than the bathrooms, but at least you can get horizontal!

I think that's called "berthing"

nerudite

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
pouts, damn it im not in those clubes

There probably won't be as many good opportunities these days either. I bet they watch the bathrooms now for any kind of weird activity. Unless, of course, you rent your own little charter like this one.

SGB

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

My mother described the Amtrak sleeping compartment my 'rens had on a trip from Washington, D.C. to Florida as: "Too small to change your mind in, let alone anything else!"

nerudite said:

There probably won't be as many good opportunities these days either. I bet they watch the bathrooms now for any kind of weird activity. Unless, of course, you rent your own little charter like this one.

OMG! That's awesome!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yeah, but just think of all the stains you would see if you brought in the right type of light.. ick.

Jeff

Cyburbian
You only need to bring those lights into a hotel to find all kinds of nasty little stains like that....

Habanero

Cyburbian
We're getting a new comforter- Hatcher, in his infamous buzzsaw ways, ate through our last two comforters. His cage was just close enough to the bed to pull a corner in and when James got home he was sitting in a cage full of stuffing.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Sounds like what my pet hamster did to my parents' curtains through the grate of the cage. Only on a more destructive level.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
My older brother had a pet mouse that escaped once. Then we got a mutt-dog. Later we had fish.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I suspect my fish of eating other fish in the tank. I have two missing fish and I have no idea where they went.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
my sisters fish ate her albino frog-it was SOOO gross.

the albino frog was creepy enough but the sight of his....innards all over the tank and parts missing (and fat gold fish) was NASTY

nerudite

Cyburbian
I used to feed goldfish to my Oscar fish. Feeder guppies are good for all kinds of smaller fish too... like my saltwater lion fish. I don't remember seeing fish guts anywhere afterwards though... just the occasional scale.

Jeff

Cyburbian
We had a pirahna in college that would eat goldfish. We bought him a huge one once, it took him a week to eat it. The goldfish swam around for days with pieces missing.

Planderella said:
I've heard that many hotel housekeeping departments rarely wash the comforters on the beds.
Blankets on the bed are required to be washed every 60 days, bed spreads, every 90. unless they are "visibly soiled".

blargh.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
We had a pirahna in college that would eat goldfish. We bought him a huge one once, it took him a week to eat it. The goldfish swam around for days with pieces missing.

Remind me not to read this thread before eating breakfast!! :|

One of Rob's aunts takes all her own bedding when she goes away and stays in a hotel. i used to think she was crazy, but since i learned that interesting little fact, i almost think i'm crazy not to!
but then think about in the 19th century when travellers at an inn who didn't know each other would share a bed. blargh.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Mike DeVuono said:
I'll be soiling the sheets in Denver...

I won't be in Denver, but I hope I soil some before the end of March.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
but then think about in the 19th century when travellers at an inn who didn't know each other would share a bed.

They still do that in the 21st century. I wish they all could be California girls.

prudence

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:

They still do that in the 21st century. I wish they all could be California girls.

God Bless America.

Ahh, Danny, this isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia, is it?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
Prudence, I'm thinking that you are another Tramp Care Bear. Am I right?

Ask him about blue haired waitresses at the Chancery...

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
but then think about in the 19th century when travellers at an inn who didn't know each other would share a bed. blargh.
And that was back in the days they would bathe once a week if they were lucky.

Maybe they should sell over the counter Luminol so that we could all self test hotel bedding? I think I'd end up sleeping in the car.

Planderella

Cyburbian
I'm notorious for not washing my cars. It rains too often and unexpectedly to keep a clean car around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.