• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGB

Cyburbian
kms said:
Dances With Wolves followed the book pretty closely.

The wolf restoration project at Yellowstone National Park has gones so well that the feds are considering taking them off the protected species list.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I saw my first live wild red fox yesterday out driving in the country. Rt 28 out in the sticks of Va is breathtaking esp with the snow on the ground *again*.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I saw a fox once. They say if you see one once in your lifetime, consider yourself lucky.

donk

Cyburbian
With the new gun laws, my parent's had to give up their chickens as they no longer own a gun to shoot foxes and stray dogs.

Mike, if you see a fox, especially near a house or built up area don't consider yourself lucky, they are probably rabid.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I saw a wild rabbit with a white coat for the first time the other day. I know it's natural for their coats to turn white during the winter, but I just never really thought about it since I've only seen wild brown bunnies before. The are much prettier with white fur.

Mike DeVuono said:
I saw a fox once. They say if you see one once in your lifetime, consider yourself lucky.
In certain parts of my hometown, you're lucky if you don't run over at least one fox with your car in your lifetime. My parents actually had a den, with two kits, in their back field two summers ago. very cool.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
My parents actually had a den, with two kits, in their back field two summers ago. very cool.
Consider yourself lucky - my parents had a family of skunks under their deck last year!! Luckily there were no run-ins :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
My mom kicked a skunk once when we were kids. It was nighttime and she thought it was one of our soccer balls laying in the yard.

Stinky!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
donk said:
With the new gun laws, my parent's had to give up their chickens as they no longer own a gun to shoot foxes and stray dogs.

Mike, if you see a fox, especially near a house or built up area don't consider yourself lucky, they are probably rabid.

Some times they come up to munch on housecats, one of their favorite easy targets.

Who will be the first to take this easy setup.......

Habanero

Cyburbian
Har dee har har- a fox that kills kittens.

on that note- what's the difference between a hooker with the runs and an epileptic corn shucker?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
TexasPlanner said:
Har dee har har- a fox that kills kittens.

on that note- what's the difference between a hooker with the runs and an epileptic corn shucker?

I cant wait to find out...

Mastiff

Gunfighter
TexasPlanner said:
Well, the corn shucker shucks between fits-
:)

And what's the difference between a group of Mensa midgets and the Greek Week sorority relay race?

Jeff

Cyburbian
I want to know why this thread is dying??

It's just not the same.... :(

Think of the children....the children!!

Habanero

Cyburbian
That reminds me of Phoebe's Thanksgiving.. in her past life. When she's yelling, "More bandages! More Bandages!" and then her arm gets blown off-

:)

SGB

Cyburbian
My workday won't be over until late this evening. I've got a planning board meeting to make a presentation at.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Me neither - I have a City Council meeting tonight and I have 2 of 3 agenda items. Hopefully it will be quick and painless.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
There is nothing I hate more than monday night meetings. Bleeech! I have a neighborhood meeting tonight and all I want to do is go home and watch Boston Public and the Real World/Road Rules Battle of The Sexes on MTV...two of my guilty pleasures.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Anyone catch that new Indiana-Jones type show that's on Mondays now? I think it's called Veritas : The Quest.

It was "ok".

nerudite

Cyburbian
jtfortin said:
There is nothing I hate more than monday night meetings. Bleeech! I have a neighborhood meeting tonight and all I want to do is go home and watch Boston Public and the Real World/Road Rules Battle of The Sexes on MTV...two of my guilty pleasures.

I get to go home and do menial things that I hate wasting time doing at work. Like highlighting every cross-reference in our zoning ordinance so as I write new sections this week and throw the numbering off I don't lose the intent of the cross-reference or cause other mass confusion. It's boring and tedious, which is why I would rather do it in front of the t.v.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'm going to the gym if nothing of mine gets called for question for the CC study session. Is Joe Millionare on tonight?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
\

I don't like them either. The only one I watched was Survivor, one episode, and it was the only thing to do at the time (it was 98F in Vancouver and I didn't have air conditioning... so I was sequestered in the basement so I wouldn't have to deal with the heat.) I watched about five minutes of fear factor once, but that's about it.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Hi kids, I missed you today. Work and all. So what is the answer to the midget/Sore gal joke?

Donk, Is everyone in Canada disarmed? So, all you have is the the Canadian Army from keeping 100 million well armed American Rednecks from coming North for your donuts and sensible fashions?

Don't let the word get out you have no guns, Estonia may decide to knock you off.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
El Guapo said:
Hi kids, I missed you today. Work and all. So what is the answer to the midget/Sore gal joke?

And what's the difference between a group of Mensa midgets and the Greek Week sorority relay race?

The midgets are a bunch of cunning runts...

donk

Cyburbian
OT if that is possible in this thread

EG queried
Is everyone in Canada disarmed?

We are not completely disarmed, but many people gave up their guns rather than register them.The main reason is that once your gun is registered the police can enter your home at any time of the day, without cause, to examine your storage facilities and registration papers. AND if they see something else that may not be legal they can use whatever they see to cause an investigation to occur. Broad and sweeping police powers scared many people from gun ownership.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
ewww i think id give up my gun to

i tend to like our "plain sight" rules and illigal searches rules, though Ashcroft seems to be putting a hell-of-a dent in those

shrugs, so much for running to Canada when/if DC gets whacked again.

*goes back to planning her "personal emergency plan"*

jtfortin said:
all I want to do is go home and watch Boston Public and the Real World/Road Rules Battle of The Sexes on MTV...two of my guilty pleasures.

I love that stupid battle of the sexes! such a good one last night! and Joe Millionaire was on last night, but he didn't drop the news, i kept switching over, just because i thought last night was the finale, but sadly, no.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Joe Millionaire...BOO

How 'bout Bosco gettin it on with his boss?? (Third Watch)

SGB

Cyburbian
[showing age]

Wasn't Bosco also the name of a character on Hill Street Blues?

[/showing age]

donk

Cyburbian
The creator of HSB is steven bochco.

maybe you were thinking of Belker.

weitz1t.jpg

My favourite line from the show was "cows don't have down genes" As they tried to push a cow down a set of stairs. I think they ended up pushing the cow out a 3rd storey window.

Last edited:

SGB

Cyburbian
Belker is exactly who I was thinking of.

I guess I've made my point about getting old...... :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Brain Pep would be a good idea right about now...I can't concentrate on my "Evil Planning Schemes" 'cause I'm so upset I didn't make the Cool Cyburbanites' Clube.

SGB

Cyburbian
I didn't make that clube either.

I think it's age discrimination - I'm calling an attorney. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
In fear and loathing in las vegas, Dr. Raoul Duke was constantly threatening / requiring to call his attorney.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I left my bowling shoes in the car overnight and it was 2 degrees F. Boy was that a rude experience when I went bowling last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.