• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donk

Cyburbian
Some donkey facts.

Donkeys are natural herders and carer of other animals. The majority of donks instinctively hate dogs. My parent's donkey just barely puts up with their dog. He will chase her up and down the fence line.

Donkeys bare the mark of Christ. All donkeys have a cross across their whithers to signify that they carried the virgin mary.

Donkeys typically do not have a good sense of humour and will hold a grudge if you wrong them. I was training allister to be ridden and to be lead then I went to school. He still holds a grudge against me, 8 years later for letting him down.

Brown donkeys are much more attractive then the common grey. Personal preference only.

Unfortuneately I have no digital pics of allister available right now.

I have many funny donkey stories, if anyone is interested.

donk

Cyburbian
To punish allister for biting a child, my mother once called him over with a treat and then went to kiss his nose, then when he was not expecting it bit him.

The look on his face was priceless. He saw the connection and has not done anything like that since. The bite was an accident as the child was feeding him, but he should have known better, and now he does.

His other trick is untieing notes and opening gates. He knows he should not do it, but a few times a year he likes to escape and run around the property. When he gets bored or realizes that we are not playing anymore he peacefully returns to the paddock for another few months.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:
I had a pimp in Juarez once offer to arrange a date for me with "a young girl, fifteen year old girl."

So... How mu...

Nevermind. (Let's MS off the hook and watches another hanging curve stay up in the strike zone)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Tequila is about the only grain alchohol I will drink. There's nothing like a margarita on a warm, sunny beach.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:
Tequila is about the only grain alchohol I will drink. There's nothing like a margarita on a warm, sunny beach.

While poor tequilas, such as Juarez, may contain up to 49% neutral grain spirits, the top shelf brands are made 100% from the agave plant. Hence, they are not usually considered a "grain" alcohol.

If I were going to the Cyburbash, I'd buy you one! Hell, if you go, I might buy you one anyway...

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I wish we would get just one decent snowfall around here so I can use my cross country skis. In the years since I bought 2 new sets of skiis there have been very few times when I can use them around here.

donk

Cyburbian
This winter has been too cold to ski. Green kick wax flakes off because of the conditions. It is mostly double poling. the good news, strong abs.

I'm SOOOOOOOO ready for a good long vacation. We've got one in the works for a long weekend at the beach. Sadly, it isn't until August. I still keep in really good contact with my 6 college housemates, we're renting a bed & breakfast in Cape May, NJ in August, for all the girls, husbands, boyfriends and kids. should be a blast.

Habanero

Cyburbian
James makes the best damn guava margaritas- 1.5 shot tequila, one shot sweet and sour, fill the rest with guava juice. YUM!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I had a prickly pear cactus margarita a few weeks back and it was awesome. Way better than a traditional margarita.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Mike DeVuono said:
I once knew a junkie who spent days sticking needles in her arm...

I know a planner who's spent days having needles jabbed in her @$$. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
I am scared to death of syringes, as previously discussed, but love accupuncture.

Had a treatment last night. I guess I am lucky, my supplemental health plan at work covers most of it.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I don't like needles either... I don't pass out or anything, but I do avoid them. But I LOVE acupunture. It would make me so relaxed I'd pass out right there on the cushy table thing. The only needle that ever freaked me out was the pin they put between your eyebrows... that one hurt.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I called a State Trooper "ociffer" once instead of "officer". And I wasn't even drinking... I had just seen a skit a few days before on SNL where someone kept repeating it over and over. He wasn't too amused.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
nerudite said:

I still have hundreds of them. And LPs too... too bad my turntable isn't set up right now.

The cartrige in my turntable is bad, I'm not sure if one can even buy them anymore

Repo Man

Cyburbian
giff57 said:

The cartrige in my turntable is bad, I'm not sure if one can even buy them anymore

Try Radio Shack. They have a huge catalog of them that you can order from. Best buy also has a few brands of universal needles that work in many "newer" record players.

I still buy lps on occasion. Some stores around here sell used records - 4 for a buck. Can't beat that deal.

nerudite

Cyburbian
For those record hunters (used cds too) that like independent stuff, WaxTrax in Denver is awesome... and within walking distance of most of the hotels.

Jeff

Cyburbian
giff57 said:

You can still get them from an music (instruments) shop. Djs still spin vinyl...though not many anymore. All these new kids are spinning CDs....kinda gay if you ask me.

donk

Cyburbian
I have pretty much stopped reading magazines, since the internet. Most of the stuff I like to read is on line or the quality of stories has decreased to a point to make the magazines unenjoyable. These two items combined with the price makes mags no fun.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
the pulse is slowing
breathing is growing shallow and quick

we said it would never end, we did not say it would never die

*plays celine dion "my heart goes on"*

yes thats just gross

Status
Not open for further replies.