• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Speaking of working, has anyone been able to get any done today? I've been so busy checking these threads until I can honestly say that I've accomplished nothing!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I have checked on some filling going on in the business park, had a meeting, finished some planning for a park, drawn up a new map of the aldermanic districts in the city, and updated some employment figures. Not bad, eh?

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm not even working today... hehehe. I missed most of the fun because I slept in. All I've accomplished today is a shower and breakfast.

But now I'm off to the Asian Market to get some veggies for stirfry and a new tube of wasabi....

el Guapo

Capitalist
I've reloaded software after the demo version of ArcView 8 trashed my office suite. I may go fdisk and start over.

el Guapo

Capitalist
nerudite said:
I'm not even working today... hehehe. I missed most of the fun because I slept in. All I've accomplished today is a shower and breakfast.

But now I'm off to the Asian Market to get some veggies for stirfry and a new tube of wasabi....

Tell me of this wasabi you speak of? What is it?

Jeff

Cyburbian
fdisk.....Hmmmm....sounds like a personal problem.....here kitty kitty kitty....

Jeff

Cyburbian
an animal hospital just burned down around my work, and several pets perished......:(

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
I have checked on some filling going on in the business park, had a meeting, finished some planning for a park, drawn up a new map of the aldermanic districts in the city, and updated some employment figures. Not bad, eh?

I've completed 7 plan commission staff reports, had a 1 hour conversation with our CDA attorney about next week's Redevelopment Plan hearing (posting while listening and taking notes!) did plat distributions, had a staff meeting, thought about Mugbub for 1.5 seconds, and ate tuna casserole.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I had wasabe mashed potatoes once....they are excellent.

As for getting work done, I have gotten my PC minutes almost done, issued two sign premits, answered about 8 phone calls, attempted to begin my office reorginization that I had intended to have done by the new year, and thought about how I would like nerudite to make me some sushi for dinner because that sounds really good.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Michael Stumpf said:

Yeah, it is hard to get through a day without thinking of Mugbub.

A day without Mugbub is like a day without........

Jeff

Cyburbian
SWORDFISH!!!

They are an endangered fish you know?? Shame on you.... :(

Habanero

Cyburbian
ah, but not like the chilean sea bass.. I do have my limits.

(but seriously- it's endangered? I did not know, I will stop buying from now on)

nerudite

Cyburbian
I think it's atlantic swordfish that are endangered. She probably has something from baja california...

el Guapo

Capitalist
Its the crack variant of regular Cyburbia.

Too paraphrase Wayne: In many ways it is superior to the orignial, but it can never replace the original Cyburbia thread.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
El Guapo said:
Its the crack variant of regular Cyburbia.

Too paraphrase Wayne: In many ways it is superior to the orignial, but it can never replace the original Cyburbia thread.

Party on Wayne

Habanero

Cyburbian
Does anyone remember the movie "Birdcage" when Nathan Lane tried to act like Wayne?

John Wayne, that is-

el Guapo

Capitalist
Most of my knowledge about Milwaukee comes from Wayne's World and Alice Cooper.

Mil·wau·kee ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ml-wôk)

A city of southeast Wisconsin on Lake Michigan. Established as a fur-trading post in 1795, it was a major center of German immigration during the last half of the 19th century and was long noted for its breweries and meat-packing plants. It is the largest city in the state. Population: 628,088.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
El Guapo said:

I used to own the property where the F.B.I. set up their mobile headquarters to search for D.B. Cooper.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Mastiff said:

I used to own the property where the F.B.I. set up their mobile headquarters to search for D.B. Cooper.

I know this is wrong, but I'm glad they never caught him.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:

Mil·wau·kee ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ml-wôk)

A city of southeast Wisconsin on Lake Michigan. Established as a fur-trading post in 1795, it was a major center of German immigration during the last half of the 19th century and was long noted for its breweries and meat-packing plants. It is the largest city in the state. Population: 628,088.

Also the most segregated City in the USA. *sigh*

The Irish One

white flight is happening in many Southern California communities, particularly Los Angeles. The difference being that instead of moving to different suburbs, they're leaving the state. All find the report I read this in.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I'm back and the word was here, not her. But it could be both if I'm not nice this wekend. ;) Good one M.S.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
The Irish one said:
white flight is happening in many Southern California communities, particularly Los Angeles. The difference being that instead of moving to different suburbs, they're leaving the state. All find the report I read this in.

Geuss we'd better start building that fence in southern Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.