• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Titanic is one of maybe five films where I fell asleep during the movie at the theatre. I asleep fell asleep during Star Wars... but I was six.

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Titanic is one of maybe five films where I fell asleep during the movie at the theatre. I asleep fell asleep during Star Wars... but I was six.

I wasn't even born yet when Star Wars came out!!:)

el Guapo

Capitalist
I've got underware older than you Mary Poppins.

Not really, but that is what a hard core old timer would say. Actually I like to keep a fresh stock of drawers. No older than 3 years.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
My wife's 4 years older than me. Not a big deal now but I thought it was when I was 20 and liked a 24 year old. The biggest difference is that she remembers disco better.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Other than in high school, I've always dated younger guys. Usually two to three years younger... it just turned out that way. My current b.f. is my first partner as an adult that is actually older than me (but only by a year and a half).

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
nerudite said:
Other than in high school, I've always dated younger guys. Usually two to three years younger... it just turned out that way. My current b.f. is my first partner as an adult that is actually older than me (but only by a year and a half).

That's funny...I always dated older women, and ended up marrying one 8 years younger than me. Go figure.

el Guapo

Capitalist
TP - I guess when you live next to the Middle School that sort of thing is bound to happen. ;)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
El Guapo said:
TP - I guess when you live next to the Middle School that sort of thing is bound to happen. ;)

No, it's worse than that. It was a "when your boss keeps inviting you over and he has three daughters that sort of thing is bound to happen" thing.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Hows that line go....

"That's what I like about teenagers...I get older, they stay the same age."

"Someone's tokin' some reefer..."

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Tranplanner said:

That's funny...I always dated older women, and ended up marrying one 8 years younger than me. Go figure.

My wife was 19 and I was 36 when we started dating

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
giff57 said:

My wife was 19 and I was 36 when we started dating

Wow. Whats it like to have both partners so close to their sexual peaks at the same time?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
eek! you were not BORN yet

*gasph, choke, snort*

com'on dont make me feel old at 29

Welcome to my everyday world, Danie! The old jokes from my lovely wife never seem to stop. ;)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
bturk said:

Wow. Whats it like to have both partners so close to their sexual peaks at the same time?

I wish.... That would be true if it were the opposite....

I've pretty much stuck to guys pretty close to my age - rob's a year older. but the receeding hairline makes him look a lot older, and I never get carded when we're out together. by myself, though, i get carded for everything from beer to lotto tickets to movies!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We need more posts about donkeys. For example, did you know that you can now order a donkey with OnStar?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I went to the zoo a few weeks after September 11th. There was a sign that said "the camel exhibit is temporarily closed." I've always wondered if people were throwing rocks at "those terrorist, Arab animals."

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
i tend to date guys a good number of years older than me
scott is 39
dated a 53 year old
60 year old (i was impressed, age does not slow a man down!)

most are between 36-45

in college i dated a 36 year old when i was 20

guess im just OLD for my age

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
One of my friends had a "7-year rule" for dating women. Take your age, divide it by 2 and then add 7 to get the youngest acceptable age you could be involved with someone. I'm 28, so 21 would be the lower limit.

donk

Cyburbian
The donkey is not grinning, he is biding his time and plotting his revenge...

Did you know that donkeys can live to be 50 and the typical donkey has three owners in their lifetime. Our donk is a young 8 years old, he will probably outlive my parents and outlive me.

I'll post some pictures of him on monday as I am going to see him this weekend. I'll even make sure I am in the shots.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Thinking about locking it down at 2000; it'll encourage new threads in the FAC.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:
I have several environmental ties, from The Nature Conservancy and World Wildlife Fund.

I tied one on at a fund raiser once...

(C'mon Mike... let's shut this sucker down!)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mary Poppins said:

Before we shut this down, I wanted to let Mike know we found something that belongs to him!!

I guess the game of naked twister went further than we got to see!!;)

Way to pick up the mantle! But, erm... that's one UGLY flag.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Gas-gas-gas!

tacteam3.jpg

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
The Nature Conservancy is just up the street from where i live, da roomie works for them-nice big modern building...and they seem to leave the lights on a lot at night. does that fit with saving power?

hummm

el Guapo

Capitalist
Kinda like Sara Brady buying a gun illegally just two or three years ago. We never heard much about that in the press, did we?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
starts playing the funeral march for "the never ending thread"

you maybe drawing to a close but you will live on in other threads always ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.