• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerudite

Cyburbian
bturk said:

OMG. I just choked on my Chips Ahoy.

1 point for Stumpf.

I'll give him a point too... because I nearly choked on my chicken bone....

... the candy! Get your minds out of the gutter!

nerudite

Cyburbian
The Irish one said:
white flight is happening in many Southern California communities, particularly Los Angeles. The difference being that instead of moving to different suburbs, they're leaving the state. All find the report I read this in.

Leaving the State wasn't good enough for me ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:

I'll give him a point too... because I nearly choked on my chicken bone....

... the candy! Get your minds out of the gutter!

They weren't in the gutter... None of us here envision you as a choker.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist a swing at it.)

SGB

Cyburbian
Today's Herald Times is reporting that the holiday shopping season was a good one for downtown Bloomington.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Speaking of pink, I think Aerosmith was a good choice for the soundtrack of the hyper-realistic movie Armageddon, staring Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck. Affleck reminds me of those cute commercials with the Goose for AFLAC.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
nerudite said:

Speaking of Pink...

Didn't Seabishop say that she could kick his bum? Now that would be a good show...

We have a bum that uses the restroom in City Hall, he brings his own reading material.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Michael Stumpf said:
Sitting around, reading the newspaper, that's what Sundays are for.

Well, that and catching up on all the posts to Cyburbia you missed because of your Friday afternoon meeting...

SGB

Cyburbian
A meeting I was in on Friday afternoon went longer than expected, and almost made me late to pick up my son at daycare.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
At least my Friday afternoon meeting ended up at a pub. A couple of pints of `80 Shilling` (awesome, btw) and I was ready for the weekend. Of course, I probably should have gone to the bathroom before embarking on my 2 hour public transit journey back home...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
And now the weekend is coming to a close. Ten minutes to the Futurama and the Simpsons.

SGB

Cyburbian
[ducking behind cover]

A quote from Matt Groening, from his Life in Hell cartoons:

"I pledge impertinence to the flag waving, of the unindicted co-conspiritors of America, and to the republicans for which I can't stand, one abomination, underhanded fraud, indefensible, with Liberty and Justice... Forget it."

The Irish One

Speaking of things coming to a close, I will be off the computer for the next 4 weeks starting tommorow night. It's my yearly ritual.

donk

Cyburbian
I'm going to try and stay off for 4 hours today, i have some things I have to get done. See you all at lunch, if I can last that long.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
I'm going to try and stay off for 4 hours today, i have some things I have to get done. See you all at lunch, if I can last that long.

Good luck - I tried staying away last week, but it didn't work.

jmf

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
Can we get this up to 20 pages today???

GO Eagles....

Yesterday we were out for a drive and saw about 20 bald eagles (mature and immature) around one tree - just incredible. My husband said that was more eagles than many American would see in a lifetime.

el Guapo

Capitalist
The North end of Tuttle Creek lake near Manhattan, Kansas is populated with Bald Eagles. What a wonderful sight.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jtfortin said:
Ok, so what is his name now? John Mellenamp or John Cougar Mellencamp?

Or the Peregrinne Falcon formerly known as Mellencamp

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Of course, I probably should have gone to the bathroom before embarking on my 2 hour public transit journey back home...
Have an accident, did ya??

Notice how we are back to the pink thing again???

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Do you think that Wyoming's state color is pink?

(I don't know why I am picking on the Wyomingers lately, they just seem like and easy target.)

Jeff

Cyburbian
I should buy stock in Target...my wife turns a quick trip for one thing into a $500.00 spending spree whenever she goes there...

donk

Cyburbian
It would then be a quick trip to either zellers, the bay, eatons or stedmans.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
7:46 a.m.
donk said:

9:39 a.m.
Originally posted by donk
Are their nests painted pink?

Ha ha ha ha ha - you can't escape the Cyburbia Crackpipe! You didn't even last two hours!

donk

Cyburbian
I admit it I have no control over my addicition. But I'll justify it like any good addict, I got most of what I had to get done done.

You folks are far more interesting to talk to then my coworkers.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I own stock in them too....unfortunatley there is one aboot a mile from my house, eh...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Mike DeVuono said:
I own stock in them too....unfortunatley there is one aboot a mile from my house, eh...

I need to restock my Atomic Fireball supply

Mike DeVuono said:
unfortunatley there is one aboot a mile from my house, eh...

Unfortunatly, Rob lost $100 in Atlantic City on Black Jack this weekend. Fortunately.... I won $200, on slots!!! WOO HOO!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I love hiking the slot canyons in southern Utah. I once walked sifeways through one for most of three miles.

donk

Cyburbian
I'll add to the car woes, my power steering pump just went. Find out tomorrow how much it will cost to fix.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
The climate control door actuator is out, and a bad o2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.