• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I kicked my smoking habit a few years back and feel for those going through the process now. Why was all the tobacco settlement money spent without a dime going to pay for smoking cessation assistance for the poor? The smokers are getting screwed coming and going.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
El Guapo said:
Not as hot as the hottie from the Bangles!~

What aboutthat crazy thing she did with her eyes in the "Walk like an Egyptian" video.

kms

Cyburbian
I remember dancing to "Walk Like an Egyptian" at my 25th birthday party at a local bar.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I spent my 25th birthday in Saudi Arabia on the road from Hafir al-Batin to Al Khobar.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
spent my 25th birthday at my kid sisters high school graduation and planning to leave my husband

Jeff

Cyburbian
Spent my 25th birthday drunk at Club 29, this super cheesy club in 29 Palms, CA.

Jeff

Cyburbian
NASCAR just isn't good enough for them huh, they had to break out the belt sanders....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I should have asked for a new belt for Christmas, my old one seems to be shrinking.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
I should have asked for a new belt for Christmas, my old one seems to be shrinking.

Parents arent allowed to give their kids the belt anymore. Shame.

donk

Cyburbian
Some days I sure could use a stiff belt to make it through the day.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I don't have any china. Hell, I'm a guy. It's amazing I don't just eat off of paper plates all the time.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I bought my wife 3 more place settings for Christmas. We be stlying now. We can serve 12 at this time.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
El Guapo said:
I bought my wife 3 more place settings for Christmas. We be stlying now. We can serve 12 at this time.

My wife and I still haven't bought each other christmas presents...we spent all our money on the kid. :)

NHPlanner said:

My wife and I still haven't bought each other christmas presents...we spent all our money on the kid. :)
Last night I did a little retail therapy at Old Navy and bought myself the cute pink sweater i'm wearing today. woo hoo!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
KMateja said:

Last night I did a little retail therapy at Old Navy and bought myself the cute pink sweater i'm wearing today. woo hoo!

The Maine was part of the old U.S. Navy. It sunk, too, if I recall...

nerudite

Cyburbian
The kids like to watch some cartoon called Arnold about some weird kid that wears a kilt and has a head shaped like a football. I guess not every cartoon can be spongebob.

Planderella

Cyburbian
The APA conference in Chicago was one of the best that I had ever attended......that's probably because I only went to 1 session. ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:

The Maine was part of the old U.S. Navy. It sunk, too, if I recall...

There is a memorial plaque cast from parts of the battleship Main in my office, along with friezes taken from the Columbian Exposition in Chicago.

donk

Cyburbian
It is so cold here right now that it would freeze the balls off a brass monkey . (safe from work, its an explanation of the term)

JNL

Cyburbian
Well I've just arrived at work! Although I wouldn't mind going home again for a few more hours sleep... oh well, I'm having the rest of the week off to go see Foo Fighters and heaps of other cool bands playing on Friday.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Thanks to the newly discovered Houston APA Board, I am getting ABSOLUTELY no work done today!!!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I haven't heard the new Foo Fighters Cd, is it good? I liked Dave Grohl's work with Queens of the Stone Age.

JNL

Cyburbian
One by One is a great CD! I love it. Took a few listenings though. I had it up loud this morning in my car on the way to work. Queens of the Stone Age are also playing at the Big Day Out.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
JNL said:
One by One is a great CD! I love it. Took a few listenings though. I had it up loud this morning in my car on the way to work. Queens of the Stone Age are also playing at the Big Day Out.

I've seen Queen twice.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'm singing a song..

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Speaking of songs, how about the Proclaimers take on this thread:

"I would post 500 times,
and I would post 500 more,
just to be the man who posts a thousand posts
To fall down at your door"

JNL said:

I got one by one for rob for christmas, i crank up the first song to get pumped to go to the gym. i have a serious crush on Dave Grohl in their new video - he looks like hugh jackman in X-Men. ooh! two more for celebrity hotpants!

SGB

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Those Scottish twins were some serious One Hit Wonders........

Perhaps two hit wonders - check out the song I'm On My Way on the Shrek soundtrack.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
A guy who appears on a local radio show here in Milwaukee says John Madden looks like Shrek. I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.