• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The Never Ending Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGB

Cyburbian
Dot it.

That's what my mother never does to her i's, making her handwriting even harder to understand.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Speaking of handwriting, does anyone actually write in cursive after the fourth grade? They should teach you to sign your name and get on with it. I am almost 30 and I honestly have no idea how to write a capital Q, X, or Z in cursive.

donk

Cyburbian
People who don't like the answer I give them frequently get abusive and curse at me.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I like my developers served raw-i hunt em and ill be happy to rip their throats fast for em-less suffering that way.

now i like them with a side of attys, those i like to have basted to well done-very slow so they are still juicy

hehe yes im moody today

SGB

Cyburbian
I like to cook my "Simon & Garfunkel pork chops." Pan fried w/ parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme.

donk

Cyburbian
I would have expected her name to be mary jane, or is that your live in helper's name?

nerudite

Cyburbian
I wish I had a live in helper. Although, right now I would settle for a nurse... my b.f. is home sick, and boy is he whiny! What is it about sick men that makes them whine so much?

jtfortin said:
Speaking of handwriting, does anyone actually write in cursive after the fourth grade? They should teach you to sign your name and get on with it. I am almost 30 and I honestly have no idea how to write a capital Q, X, or Z in cursive.

Like in Billy Madison when his 4th grade teacher made fun of him for being unable to spell buzz or Tony Rizzuto in cursive. hee!

nerudite said:
I wish I had a live in helper. Although, right now I would settle for a nurse... my b.f. is home sick, and boy is he whiny! What is it about sick men that makes them whine so much?

they aren't whiny, they're just nasally from being sick.
yeah right.

Planderella

Cyburbian
I stopped writing in cursive long before I graduated from high school. Whenever I send a friend a handwritten note, I have to practice my cursive several times before I can write the letter. ::oops:

nerudite

Cyburbian
I don't really have printing or cursive anymore... my natural writing is a combination of the two. I have to really concentrate when I'm required to do one or the other.

nerudite said:
I don't really have printing or cursive anymore... my natural writing is a combination of the two. I have to really concentrate when I'm required to do one or the other.
My dad is a printer by trade. we used to have printing presses in our basement and when i was a kid, my dad would make a float to look like a printing press for the field days parade and i got to sit in it and throw candy.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
Hmmm...candy. I'm hankering for something sweet right now. Damn this diet!

My will power ran out and I just had a Nutrageous

I'm garnering all my willpower against the donuts from the italian bakery in DPW. they're calling my name.
*wistful sigh as I chew on celery sticks*

SGB

Cyburbian
Given our winter thus far, we now expect that our power will go out with each significant storm.

SGB said:
Given our winter thus far, we now expect that our power will go out with each significant storm.
In oswego, they are having a crazy storm right now and the city has declared a snow emergency.

kms

Cyburbian
Remember the Emergency episode where a kid became bloated after eating raw bread dough and the leavening distended his stomach? I don't think that could really happen.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I had a crush on Gage (I think he was the dark-haired paramedic) when I was a kid. They filmed that show a few times down the street from my house...

kms said:
Remember the Emergency episode where a kid became bloated after eating raw bread dough and the leavening distended his stomach? I don't think that could really happen.

ugh. i am feeling gigantically bloated right now. remember in willy wonka when the little girl blew up into a giant blueberry? that's how i feel. minus the blue. :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
KMateja said:

ugh. i am feeling gigantically bloated right now. remember in willy wonka when the little girl blew up into a giant blueberry? that's how i feel. minus the blue. :)

You're turning violet, Violet!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I once saw Green Day play in some girls apartment above an abortion clinic in Milwaukee. They were like 16 or 17 years old and were like 4 years from making it big.

SGB

Cyburbian
I've always enjoyed the hyperbole and sarcasm of the Peter Gabriel song "Big Time."

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
SGB said:
I've always enjoyed the hyperbole and sarcasm of the Peter Gabriel song "Big Time."

Peter Gabriel was huge when I was in sixth grade. His song "In Your Eyes" was featured in one of my favorite films of the 80's, "Say Anything."

Jeff

Cyburbian
..."they're all the same...they're all the same...20 eyes in my head"

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Why don't they make any songs about blue eye girls :(
What about:

Are your eyes still blue

Behind blue eyes

Between blue eyes and jeans
Blue eye blue

Blue eyes
Blue eyes cry'n in the rain

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
jtfortin said:
I wish I had "20 eyes in my head" like in that Misfits song.

I own every Misfits album and tshirt that I can get my hands on....personal faves are "She" and "London Dungeon."

And of course....

misfits%20my%20darling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.