The NEVERENDING Beer Thread

Oktoberfest beers are out now around here. I forgot that I'm not a big fan of Shiner's version, and still have 2 left.

I'm a big fan of pumpkin beers. I hope they start showing up soon . . .

"Can Beer Be Saved from Climate Change?" (Article)

https://theoutline.com/post/6501/can-beer-be-saved-from-climate-change?zd=1&zi=hrvh5aim

"Beer may have saved humanity, but soon, humanity may need to save beer. As temperature and weather patterns change, some of the crops most vital to beer’s creation, such as hops and malting barley, are threatened by inconsistent changes in weather."

Solutions:
-Micro: "Home brewing"
-Macro: Infrastructure changes
-Gene-editing
-[STRIKEOUT]Don't drink beer[/STRIKEOUT]
-Other?

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I acquired a 12 pack of Yuengling Black and Tan last night. I was looking for a stout and a pale ale to make my own black and tan last night mainly because I like the way it looks in the glass. While it doesn't look like a traditional black and tan in the glass, it was quite tasty. It's the first macro brew that I bought in long time. I really like the price 12 beers for less than $10. I usually pay $10 for a 6 pack. It wasn't the best beer I have ever had but it was very drinkable. It poured dark and had hints of coffee and caramel. I'll pick it up again when I am in the mood for a black and tan and can't find a decent stout or pale ale at my local grocery store. As added bonus my non-beer drinking wife thought it was a coke, took a big swig, and proceeded to spit it out in the sink; that was entertaining.

Last night I went down to Detroit with a friend to pick up his four reserved bottles of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout... at $25 a bottle! It's apparently very highly sought after.

The official release is today but he's part of their "Mug Club" so he was able to get his a day early. The brewery also had a secret keg of it on tap so we got to have some of that as well. I don't generally care for stouts and never understood the hype around the KBS but my friend was buying so I tried the CBS and actually really enjoyed it. Not enough to pay $25 for a bottle but I did have a second pint.

Gedunker

Moderating
Free to a good home: A six pack of midwest micro-brewery beers (2 Indiana, 1 each from Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois).

Send me a PM if interested. I'm thinking of a number between 1-12. Closest to the number wins any possible tie-breaker. (So include a qualified number in your PM, silly.)

All decisions are mine and are final.;):D

If I were going to Vermont, I'd be more interested in checking out the Ben & Jerry's tour before any beer. Even better: do they have beer at B&J's?
You're singing my song! We did Ben & Jerry's last time we were there and it was yummy. They didn't have any beer but they did have snowshoe rentals. That was a lot of fun!

Very good stuff comes out of that brewery!!! Enjoy!

Alena was very good.
I still owe you some beers! I haven't forgotten!

Gedunker

Moderating
Free to a good home: A six pack of midwest micro-brewery beers (2 Indiana, 1 each from Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois).

Send me a PM if interested. I'm thinking of a number between 1-12. Closest to the number wins any possible tie-breaker. (So include a qualified number in your PM, silly.)

All decisions are mine and are final.;):D
Congratulations to our Salmissra, winner of my sample Midwest brews six-pack.

I should be able to get it in the mail this week. Just PM me your mailing address and I'll take it from there!:b::b:

Congratulations to our Salmissra, winner of my sample Midwest brews six-pack.

I should be able to get it in the mail this week. Just PM me your mailing address and I'll take it from there!:b::b:
I'm thrilled! This balances out the loss of several of the candidates I voted for.

I worked election day, and after 14 hours on my feet, came home to a frosty bottle of St. Arnold's Oktoberfest - which is one of the best in that field.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I had a meeting on the other side of the town next door and I used it as an excuse to stop by the bottle shop over that way. I now have some Cigar City Cubano Style Espresso waiting in the fridge. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

This rich brown ale is redolent with Cuban-style roasted espresso beans, sweet caramel and toffee and hints of dry nuttiness. Cuban Espresso is a popular drink in the Cigar City of Tampa owing to its many Sicilian and Cuban immigrants. The beans for Cubano-Style Espresso Brown Ale are roasted locally by Mazzaro's Italian Market and Deli in St. Petersburg to our exact specifications.
I also bought some Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale. My expectations are lower for it, as I bought it for the can. Although, I generally like pale ales. Here is the description of the beer on Black Sheep's website:

This brilliant and bold addition to our flock was created to commemorate the 30th anniversary of one of our finest comedic exports - the Monty Python crew!

Years later and Holy Grail is still going strong. With more hops than a killer rabbit, it's a full-flavoured golden ale with a distinctively fruity flavour followed by the Black Sheep signature dry finish. Be warned, this beer has been tempered over burning witches! Only joking.

Planit

Cyburbian
I found a nice very limited edition 4-pack of beer from a nearby brewery. I contacted both of the good beer stores I patronize and neither one are bringing this in from the distributor. One said they would order a case for me, but I'd have to buy the entire case. I only want 2 of the 4-packs & don't want to be that vested in it since it's a specialty and I haven't even tried it yet. The case (consisting of 6 16oz 4-packs) would run $96. I think I'll pass.

DVD

Cyburbian
I'm just grateful to be in a place where I have some beer selection again. I found a nice White Chocolate Ale from Sonoran Brewing.

Gedunker

Moderating
I'm thrilled! This balances out the loss of several of the candidates I voted for.

I worked election day, and after 14 hours on my feet, came home to a frosty bottle of St. Arnold's Oktoberfest - which is one of the best in that field.
A wee bit tardy (owing to a control freak mayor and a replacement zoning ordinance coinciding at precisely the wrong time) but the nice lady at the USPS says the package will arrive on Thursday.

The Midwest sampler includes the following:

Iron Line Brewing Co., Monroe, Ohio, Midtown Station Amber Ale, 5.5 ABV, 28 IBU
Two Brothers Artisan Brewing Co., Warrenville, Illinois, Domain Dupage French Country Ale 5.9 ABV, 24 IBU
Sun King Brewery, Indianapolis, Indiana, Wee MAC Scottish Style Ale
Bell’s Brewing Co., Comstock, Michigan, Lager of the Lakes Bohemian Pilsner 5.0ABV
Country Boy Brewing Co., Georgetown, Kentucky, Shotgun Wedding (brown ale aged on vanilla beans)
Rhinegeist Brewing Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, Cheetah Lager, 4.8 ABV
Against the Grain Brewing Co., Louisville, Kentucky, Citra Ass Down Double IPA, 8.2ABV (x2)

JNA and mendelman will recognize Rhinegeist as it hos+ted the reception for the recent Ohio - Kentucky - Indiana regional planning conference. JNAis a tee-totaler, so hedidn’t Have any -of the Cheetah, but I think the rest of us did. The fun part was the street car in downtown Cincy takes you right to the brewery’s front door. Neat stuff.

So, Salmissra, I won’t review these from my perspective, so as not to taint your taste buds. I hope you enjoy these and.et me know what you think of them. Ciao!

Bubba

Cyburbian
The Midwest sampler includes the following:

Iron Line Brewing Co., Monroe, Ohio, Midtown Station Amber Ale, 5.5 ABV, 28 IBU
Two Brothers Artisan Brewing Co., Warrenville, Illinois, Domain Dupage French Country Ale 5.9 ABV, 24 IBU
Sun King Brewery, Indianapolis, Indiana, Wee MAC Scottish Style Ale
Bell’s Brewing Co., Comstock, Michigan, Lager of the Lakes Bohemian Pilsner 5.0ABV
Country Boy Brewing Co., Georgetown, Kentucky, Shotgun Wedding (brown ale aged on vanilla beans)
Rhinegeist Brewing Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, Cheetah Lager, 4.8 ABV
Against the Grain Brewing Co., Louisville, Kentucky, Citra Ass Down Double IPA, 8.2ABV (x2)
Kentucky isn't in the Midwest. ;)

I might be able to piece together a sampler of Georgia IPAs (Atlanta/Athens/Savannah) if anyone is interested...