• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The NEVERENDING Dating Thread

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Well I got the good ole "I wasn't feeling it text', but after she stewed on it for a week on a business trip. It just shows how hard it is to read these things (For me at least). I thought it went really well, she said she enjoyed the conversation. I told her I really enjoyed the date and it was my best one in some time, now she wants to think on it some more and get back to me later this week.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
...now she wants to think on it some more and get back to me later this week.
I'm sure you already realize that a decision like this shouldn't be that difficult or require that much deliberation. Chemistry does not appear to be there.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
I'm sure you already realize that a decision like this shouldn't be that difficult or require that much deliberation. Chemistry does not appear to be there.
Yes. The whole thing is a bit confusing. If it wasn't there for her, why agree to a 2nd date and wait 8 days to say it? But yeah, I am assuming this is going nowhere. Disappointing, but thats what a lot of this is. I would say I get one good prospect like this per year to year and a half.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Yeah man, tell her to pound sand. Shouldn't take that long to decide. I should have done the same last week when girl wanted to "take a break".

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Well I got the good ole "I wasn't feeling it text', but after she stewed on it for a week on a business trip. It just shows how hard it is to read these things (For me at least). I thought it went really well, she said she enjoyed the conversation. I told her I really enjoyed the date and it was my best one in some time, now she wants to think on it some more and get back to me later this week.
I am sorry to hear that and it does suck. In my situation, we went to the fundraiser and met her pastor and a couple of church members. We then to a meeting for a guild that we are both a part of. Things went ok. I think we are still in the sorting things out stage. We're trying to make the transition from friends to something else.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
I am sorry to hear that and it does suck. In my situation, we went to the fundraiser and met her pastor and a couple of church members. We then to a meeting for a guild that we are both a part of. Things went ok. I think we are still in the sorting things out stage. We're trying to make the transition from friends to something else.
You are further along than I was. Its just a struggle at middle age. I wish I could be in my 20's carefree about it all again.

kms

Cyburbian
I think that is true possibly. I wish she just would have said no to the 2nd date up front. Its gonna sting either way, its like ripping a bandage off.
Why is it like ripping a bandage off? I understand that you were disappointed, but you didn’t have much time invested in her and a relationship.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Why is it like ripping a bandage off? I understand that you were disappointed, but you didn’t have much time invested in her and a relationship.
The sting doesn't last long. No, I didnt have much invested, but she was the best prospect I had in some time.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Ever wonder if someone really loved you or was just in it for the money and potential fringe benefits? I ran into the ex fiancé yesterday. I guess I got that question answered.:r::cursing::mad:I have to give her props. She fooled a cynic and did it well.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Ever wonder if someone really loved you or was just in it for the money and potential fringe benefits? I ran into the ex fiancé yesterday. I guess I got that question answered.:r::cursing::mad:I have to give her props. She fooled a cynic and did it well.
Aye yup. Last two girls I spent any time with were in it for exactly that.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Its disappointing when a promising prospect doesn't pan out. I bet I maybe meet one of those every 18 months or so. 3 times in 5 years...yeah, thats about right.