• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING Dating Thread

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
I have the most promising date I have had in a few years this coming Friday evening. At the same time I spent 3 of the toughest hours of my life with my mom in the hospital as she nears the end with dementia. Life is crazy.

Veloise

Cyburbian
I have the most promising date I have had in a few years this coming Friday evening. At the same time I spent 3 of the toughest hours of my life with my mom in the hospital as she nears the end with dementia. Life is crazy.
Tread carefully.
I was active on the dating sites when my mother was terminally ill, and shortly after came a message from someone who actually replied. I realized I wasn't thinking clearly and didn't want to fall off a cliff. (Which can be fun at the time, and provides much fodder for this thread...)

Veloise

Cyburbian
Pro tip: don't go on extended multi-week vacations with someone you don't know well.
Always have an escape route: your own CC, good walking shoes ...

I erred in taking a tandem bike trip with a Mr Maybe candidate. Ran away screaming.
Didn't end up murdered.