• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The NEVERENDING Gas Price Thread

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
It's on the rise again. I heard on the news yesterday that we've hit our bottom and now we're going up. How far up?, I'm not sure.
The OPEC nations are cutting back on production and domestic production is also dropping. Add to the the "sky is falling, the sky is falling" mentality of the markets.

Planit

Cyburbian
I drove by 3 stations this morning. $1.95 - $1.79 - $1.77 for the regular unleaded stuff

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
It's been bouncing back and forth between $1.99 and $2.09 for the past week or so hereabouts. Summer blend is about to roll out, so look for a $0.30 increase, more or less.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
It's been bouncing back and forth between $1.99 and $2.09 for the past week or so hereabouts. Summer blend is about to roll out, so look for a $0.30 increase, more or less.
$2.01 in the Bronx at the cheapest station closest to my subway stop. The station nearest to my house is at $2.15

I filled up for 1.95 in New Rochelle, NY last week. After work Ill probably head to a Gulf station midway between home and work to fill up at $1.95 (thanks Gasbuddy.com!)

I need to do a tuneup on my Subie. Been dipping below her normal 22/27 mpg average.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
$2.00 yesterday. The gas tax will be increasing soon.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Saw a Kroger station at $2.389 then a little closer to the office a BP at $2.489. We're always high around here, I mean c'mon, Jersey is under $2/gallon and they don't have self serve. It's a rip off.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
In my NE OH County it's probably $8.67 or something.

I don't actually know because I don't drive much since I walk or bike to work for over the last year.

kms

Cyburbian
Staunton, VA:
July 30 - $1.79

Winchester, VA:
July 31 - $ 1.99

Locally in SW PA
$2.39

Planit

Cyburbian
Funny this came up, I was thinking of bumping it this morning when I drove past a station with $1.84 up in LED lights.

Planit

Cyburbian
Drove to the ATL metro this weekend. In general terms:
GA - $1.89
SC - $1.73
NC - $1.95

The Terminator

Cyburbian
Esso Station at Boulevard Cremazie and Rue St-Hubert, Montreal: 1.08 per litre.

Petro-Canada on Decarie Boulevard @ Rue Paré: 1.16 per litre.

Either way thats $4+ per gallon, I tend to take Transit or Bike unless I need to drive.

Planit

Cyburbian
So as some of you might have read we have a gas shortage to a small degree in the southern Mid-Atlantic states. Saturday when the news broke there were lines at the gas pumps. Sunday some places had gas others did not. By now people have calmed back down knowing that there is gas available but a few stations will be closed or out for a day or when the truck comes back. gas is on the rise here though, jumping 10 cents per gallon.

The cheap stuff is $2.19 right now here in the foothills.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Be happy that you have gas available. The broken pipe in AL has resulted in a gas shortage here and 1/3 of the stations had no gas over the past few days. I get gas at Costco ($1.99 as of two days ago), and it sounds like they have a good supply.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
$2.08. Thought it was supposed to increase because of a fire or something at some east coast facility.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
$1.89 at the downtown gas station in my small city on the edge of the Cleveland/Akron MSA.